EStim sound library and EStimSurprise Tease

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: EStim sound library and EStimSurprise - GuidemMe Tease

Post by mantrid »

For a general description, please read the initial post. This message contains the
Release notes for version 1.1

Changes and notes - Library
  • Changed audio file generation. Main improvement: modulation frequency fixed per channel
  • The updated documentation explains why.
  • Power saving disabled for the pre-build audio packs because the continuous audio files are more save with unsafe devices.
  • Improved channel configuration (easier and more predictable)
Issues
Due to the internal optimizations some files probably have to be readjusted. The easy pain files are propably to easy.

Furthermore some effects became redundant and I discovered new effects (can be best described pleasure and pain at the same time). I would like to start a new (incompatible) branch of the Library takes these issues into account. But I don't have the time to rework the tease and I don't want to start a new library if no one uses it. If anyone is interested in extending / reworking the tease or using the library, please contact me.
GAsm -- A guide assembler with EStim support to generate interactive teases that run in a browser.
eismann12
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: None of the above

Post by eismann12 »

Hello,

I tried to download the soundfiles, but all of them are no longer on Mega. The tease-file is still available.

Can somebody tell me what the problem with the soundfiles is and where i can find them.

Thank you in advance.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

eismann12 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:59 pm I tried to download the soundfiles, but all of them are no longer on Mega. The tease-file is still available.
I did not updated this thread for a while because there was no sign of usage or interest.

The initial post now contains links to the latest version 1.3. The higher levels should be easier than versions 1.1 and 1.2a/b. (But still much more complex than all other Estim files I tried)
GAsm -- A guide assembler with EStim support to generate interactive teases that run in a browser.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

I finally joined the forum(need an invite code to do it now) after playing with this tease for about a month now. I downloaded the sound files with the 2 channel sound pack and had them in the audio/11 folder and then downloaded the calib.scr which then wanted the files in a different location and I had to figure it out by doing a guess and check with the new calib.scr file. I ended up putting them into audio/3u and things work great. I'm not sure if the files listed as version 1.3 in the original post are now the updated audio files or if the improved ones are now long gone from mega? Either way this tease is amazing.

Possible bug: I did notice that if I don't choose skip on the initial level that the characters continue to endlessly repeat until I do click skip.

I appreciate that the pain files are strong but bearable for me. I generally seek pain if I feel like I'm getting too deep into an edge, the pain brings me back down a little which makes teases more controllable and allows me to play further into a tease.

Regarding the audio files: I noticed there aren't any comments on the files beginning with y. These feel like the x (pain) files but many with a faster and more brutal pace. My favorite are the vp files. Thank you for putting together a full audio suite suitable for making teases!
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

Electro wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:13 am I finally joined the forum(need an invite code to do it now) after playing with this tease for about a month now. I downloaded the sound files with the 2 channel sound pack and had them in the audio/11 folder and then downloaded the calib.scr which then wanted the files in a different location and I had to figure it out by doing a guess and check with the new calib.scr file. I ended up putting them into audio/3u and things work great. I'm not sure if the files listed as version 1.3 in the original post are now the updated audio files or if the improved ones are now long gone from mega? Either way this tease is amazing.
You caught a 'calib.scr' from the past. A recent versions where included in the sound pack. I just updated everything, see below.
Possible bug: I did notice that if I don't choose skip on the initial level that the characters continue to endlessly repeat until I do click skip.
You stick in the same level until you press the skip button. Only difference between first level and later levels is that you do not need to endure pain in order to reach level 2.
Regarding the audio files: I noticed there aren't any comments on the files beginning with y. These feel like the x (pain) files but many with a faster and more brutal pace.
The files starting with 'y' where experimental. Their effects appear now in a similar form in the normal 'x' files of lower levels. They where indented as a mixture between pain and pleasure, not to be more painful.

Egghead alert:
Spoiler: show
After neurons are fired the threshold for re-firing is increased. This is called inhibition. This threshold becomes lower again after a while. If there is a steep edge after a certain pause all neurons are fired at the same time. This is how pain files work.
If this pause becomes to short the pain files become more or less pleasuring. That's why these high frequency pain files should be less painful (ore a little bit pleasuring).

But since you like them, it probably works.
As mentioned above, I uploaded some updates:

Release notes
The tease has been translated to gasm script language and now runs in a browser. Just open the html file in a browser. Cheaters uncomment the line 'enableDebug=true;' in the html file. This form of the tease should be considered as experimental and I only tested it with Firefox. Alternatively the tease still runs in GuideMe.

In future there will be a HTTP server with built-in sound generator. That will allow real-time control of the sound effects (not just the volume) e.g. based on feedback.

Lib has been updated to 1.6. I only uploaded the stereo files. If someone is interested in 4 channel files, please contact me.

There where a couple of optimizations mainly better keeping away the low frequency effects from places where they should not be (that can't be completely avoided in 3-phase setups, because everything is mixed) .The classic files (button "Config 1") during configuration should feel softer then in previous versions.

There is also a new algorithm for sound generation (button "Config 2"). Low frequency effects appear on common electrode and are heavier. If you switch between classic and new files, you usually swap common electrode and single electrode of channel 2. The new sounds are harder.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

Just updated the links to the latest version with gasm/gserver support.

Version of the EStim lib is now 1.7. Only difference to 1.6 is an improved volume normalization for the pain files.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

mantrid wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:26 pm Except of exceptions ('vv' files, the long files ending with 'x', pain files), all files have the same base volume. But there are many short term (usually less than a second) volume "overdrive" effects in the higher levels.

The 's' files files have the same volume but many pauses (especially the 'sd' files). Not everyone likes this.
This response was from a different thread but the discussion doesn't seem to fit boundupone's thread "Feedback please - your requests for estim punishment tease" because he hasn't dedicated himself to using any specific files yet.

If I go through the files I don't feel like they are at the same base volume, unless the overdrive is very consistent to where the base volume is essentially the overdrive.
If I play any of these files in comparison to a similar level 4 file (such as a v40? file) within a few percent(volume set on my computer) of a good strong feeling threshold(let's say 50% for the session), and play any of these examples, it is as if I'm playing the same level 4 example at about 54%.
v50?
v51?
vi51?
Not just the ones below that you say are intended to be that way
v50x
vp60x
vv50?
I replaced the final digit with ? for numbers to not confuse the actual files that end with x.

If I play any of the 's' files at 50%, at any 'level' after playing level 4 files, I need to change a 50% volume to a 55% volume for the files to feel the same. When going through the eStimSuprise tease, if I run into Malena and choose the option to aggravate her, I get the level 5 files and it will hurt if I don't turn it down at least 2%. If I go from any of the level 4 girl to Debora, Leanisa, or Loretta I will raise the volume to 55% from 50% because if I didn't I would hit the skip, or use the 'cheat' button to skip through their tease. It's not just the pausing, it feels like it's the volume of all of the s and sd tease files.

This equally applies to the audio/2 and audio/11 files, although I prefer to use the audio/11 files because of the 'tri-phase' effects between channels(such as a stroking feeling) while the audio/2 files don't have a feeling of a movement between channels because both channels feel like they are outputting the same thing and based on your description, apart from the low frequency pain parts, it seems that's what it's doing but the low frequency parts are felt on all electrodes to me and not just the common electrode pair.

As a separate question, what editor do you view the .scr or .scr.ui files in? I look at them in notepad and use the find function to find the ogg files being used but I imagine there is an actual editor that makes the formatting look decent?
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

Electro wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:44 pm If I go through the files I don't feel like they are at the same base volume, unless the overdrive is very consistent to where the base volume is essentially the overdrive.
The audio files are calculated as described in the other thread: Most files have (the same) base amplitude + short time amplitude increases (mainly he v files, also some n files). I call this "amplitude" here because that value (which us usually called "volume") does not necessarily have something to do the the setting of the volume knob of the amplifier. I.e. audio amplitude is not the only reason why you turn the volume knob.

But according to your report is seems that you at least partially adjust the volume according to the peak amplitude. I'll consider this when I write the API for dynamic sound generation of gasm/gserver

Furthermore the s files at the same difficulty level are probably much easier than the v files.
This equally applies to the audio/2 and audio/11 files, although I prefer to use the audio/11 files because of the 'tri-phase' effects between channels(such as a stroking feeling) while the audio/2 files don't have a feeling of a movement between channels because both channels feel like they are outputting the same thing and based on your description, apart from the low frequency pain parts, it seems that's what it's doing but the low frequency parts are felt on all electrodes to me and not just the common electrode pair.
If you use audio/2, you usually need to swap electrodes.

If you seek soft effect's, audio/11 is the better choice.
As a separate question, what editor do you view the .scr or .scr.ui files in? I look at them in notepad and use the find function to find the ogg files being used but I imagine there is an actual editor that makes the formatting look decent?
References to ogg files can be found in the scr files of the sessions, e.g. line 2 of "0ash/ash.scr". The scr files are script files for the old GuideMe/ScriptEngine version. The scr.ui files are just backups of these files.

I'm using Linux and therefore can't help you with a recommendation for a text editor for Windows. But there is no editor in the world that support syntax highlighting for ScriptEngine scripts. Any editor that uses a monospace font and a tab width of 8 should be usable.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

Here are some usage recommendation as reply to this hread. I'm posting it here because it could also be relevant for others.
  1. The files should be used with constant volume settings of the audio mixer. Difficulty increases from level to level and is based on various effects. If you can play a tease from lowest level 'v' files (well calibrated) to highest level 'v' files without turning the volume knob down you are an Estim hero. Any additional volume increase would be an overkill.
  2. These files have slow / long term volume increases.
    • The Files ending with 'x': 120s play time, volume increases within this time depending on level
    • The files starting with 'vv': Volume increases within session (last digit)
    Some care has to be taken if these files are used (re-calibration, pause, abort button, ...) I didn't do this in the test tease.

The 'x' files (pain files) have an volume increase from level to level. No care must be taken is levels are used in-order

All other files have the same base volume but some have short time volume increases (especially the 'v' files of the higher levels)
  3. Difficulty of different levels can't be compared. Namely high level 'v' files are more difficult than 'n' and 's' files of the same level.

To deal with this you can either to downrate 'n' and 's' files or you only use one kind. I didn't resort this in the test tease. Therefore it becomes boring from time to time if 'n' or 's' files appear after a 'v' files.

I the test tease (for me) the levels of the 'x' files fit quite good to the levels of the other files. But this also depends on what you intend to do with them. It's also possible to make a tease just with 'x' files. Many of them are not just pure pain (at least not for me) ...
  4. Use the files in the directory 'Audio/11' if the tease program does not allow to select file sets (EOS). Do not mix files of different audio directories.

Question to EOS authors:
Would less but longer files be helpful? I would mainly glue the session files together (ramp-up sections between clips would be omitted). That would result in 10 times less files with a duration to 200s to 300s.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

I was going to quote your most recent post, but realize it's just duplicating too much text.

Thanks for putting together a summary of intended use, it cleared up why the 's' files seemed so much quieter than the 'v' files in the higher levels.
In the same tri-phase configuration, if using the 'Audio/11' files instead of 'Audio/2', how do the 'x' files compare? You mentioned in an earlier post that with a common electrode that the levels were adjusted to be less painful in the tri-phase 'audio/2' files, I think? So if using audio/11 files, is it only the files with synchronized pulses that have a difference between audio/11 and audio/2? It seems like if making a tease where there are multiple electrode configurations that non-synchronous shocks would have the most consistency between configurations because then it wouldn't matter if a common was used versus channels being used separately.
The pain files can be divided in 4 groups
'x0' and 'x1' have the lowest shock density
'x2', 'x3' and 'x5' have a medium shock density
'x4' and 'x6' have the highest shock density but shocks are non-synchronous
'x7', 'x8' and 'x9' have the highest shock density, shocks are synchronous"
Are the x0,1,2,3,5 all synchronous? ..or non-synchronous? I notice that these pain files when compared to files from other teases such as the eStim Tower, even the louder pain files in the GuideMe version feel like they are similar to the x0,x1 level when used together with the levels of the rest of the 'n', 'v', 's', etc files. Making a comparison, it seems that the volume of the files themselves are roughly the same as eStim tower, but the eStim tower pleasure files are at a higher relative volume which makes them less painful because the volume is set lower when calibrated to them. Then again, I'm using version 1.6 files and don't know what level changes might have happened in the latest version of the pain files.
For the record, I actually like the pain files being at the higher level, but if I designed a tease around them, I would reduce the duration because the roughly 8 minutes of anything above the lower level files and I'm in too much pain by the time the pleasure starts again. I think I've got 2-3 minutes of tolerance of the highest levels if I'm not reducing the volume unless I were to be at a 'final mistress' challenge/boss(if it's a game) or something.

[Feedback request from 2B users] I've been curious if any of the pain audio is painful on the 2B? I don't use one of these and can't test but I know that sudden spikes surrounded by a pause are muted but it seems like the thuds, rises, and waves in higher level 'v' or 'vp' files might pass through. 2B users reading this thread, please download the audio, take notes and provide feedback here, I'm wondering if anything is pain compatible. The lack of feedback apart from some of the eStim tower standard pain files(thanks otto_dix) has made me feel like giving up on trying to design for the 2B but it seems the most promising files are the strongest of the standard eStim tower files but there hasn't been any feedback on your files with that device because maybe some of the files work well. I find the whole 'crank the volume is the only path to 2B pain' to mean that there is no real pain out of that device than to make it unpleasant by making it 'loud', which is disappointing because that means the 2B users are missing out on a ton of estim character and I hope isn't 100% the case. I use the stereostim/midistim style device that these files work well with.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

The audio files have an effect I call "low frequency effects". This are fast (hard) modulation changes that do not appear on all electrodes.

In 'Audio/11' these effects are generated with amplitude modulation. in 'Audio/2' they are generated with phase modulation. For males usually the prostate electrode is the low frequency electrode. With standard electrode setup usually butt is channel 2 for 'Audio/11' and common for 'Audio/2'.

For me with this setup 'Audio/2' feels more rough. That's why I recommend 'Audio/11' if sound files are fixed (like in EOS).
Electro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:27 pm In the same tri-phase configuration, if using the 'Audio/11' files instead of 'Audio/2', how do the 'x' files compare?
Try it out! You can enable the debug mode in gasm for that. Then you also see which audio files are used.

The pain files use many different effects including the low frequency effects I described above. With pain files 'Audio/2' might be the better choice. This should be tried out. It even may be opportune to use files from both audio directories -- has to be tried out.
You mentioned in an earlier post that with a common electrode that the levels were adjusted to be less painful in the tri-phase 'audio/2' files, I think?
In 3-phase setups channels are mixed. Therefore non-synchronous shocks feel weaker/less harsh than synchronous ones. How strong this difference is, depends on electrode setup.

For this reason all shocks but the "low frequency effects" (they do not appear on all electrodes) are synchronous in current files.
The pain files can be divided in 4 groups
'x0' and 'x1' have the lowest shock density
'x2', 'x3' and 'x5' have a medium shock density
'x4' and 'x6' have the highest shock density but shocks are non-synchronous
'x7', 'x8' and 'x9' have the highest shock density, shocks are synchronous"
Are the x0,1,2,3,5 all synchronous? ..or non-synchronous?
This information is outdated. The current pain files use much more effects. Which effects are used how also depends on the algorithm (sound file directory).

One issue I forget to mention in my previous post is the assignment of pain level to to the normal levels in the test tease:

After level 1: 'x0'
After level 2: 'x1', x'2'
After level 3: 'x3', 'x4'
After level 4: 'x5', 'x6'
After level 5: 'x8', 'x8'
I notice that these pain files when compared to files from other teases such as the eStim Tower, even the louder pain files in the GuideMe version feel like they are similar to the x0,x1 level when used together with the levels of the rest of the 'n', 'v', 's', etc files. Making a comparison, it seems that the volume of the files themselves are roughly the same as eStim tower, but the eStim tower pleasure files are at a higher relative volume which makes them less painful because the volume is set lower when calibrated to them.
Do you mean the pain files are to loud? E.g. 'x0' is intended to be rather mild. (For me this is true). If it feels like a real pain file compared 'n', 'v', 's' files of the first levels I would reduce the volume.
Then again, I'm using version 1.6 files and don't know what level changes might have happened in the latest version of the pain files.
There where some volume adjustments of pain files in v1.7.
For the record, I actually like the pain files being at the higher level, but if I designed a tease around them, I would reduce the duration because the roughly 8 minutes of anything above the lower level files and I'm in too much pain by the time the pleasure starts again. I think I've got 2-3 minutes of tolerance of the highest levels if I'm not reducing the volume unless I were to be at a 'final mistress' challenge/boss(if it's a game) or something.
Yes, the test tease was not made with much love. As mentioned, it does not follow the recommendations from my provious post. In particular it also uses the 120s files ending with 'x' . (In the debug mode you can skip them)
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

Do you mean the pain files are to loud? E.g. 'x0' is intended to be rather mild. (For me this is true). If it feels like a real pain file compared 'n', 'v', 's' files of the first levels I would reduce the volume.
They feel louder in relation to the eStim tower tease(both standard and alternative pain), including the files in the GuideMe in the louder files folder in relation to the level of the pleasurable audio. Perhaps I run the initial lower level calibration at a higher level initially? Like I said before, the files work if the duration would be a few minutes, but only I get past 3 or 4 minutes, the pain is too much unless I specifically turn down my computer's volume by 2 or 3% (50% down to 48% for example). I use anal as right, common on the side facing away from me on the base, and a left channel sponge loop (although until I get upset over TENS pads giving poor conductivity, I had left channel as a pad just below the head on the side facing me).

I don't feel tri-phase stroking affects using the common as an anal or perineum electrode with the tri-phase files. I initially used the common in those places but everything was a bunch of pulses and no stroking/alternating effects. I noticed the same thing with the Milovana teases too, I need common in the middle or the tri-phase effects end up as a mud puddle and the files lose their intended character. At least this is my experience. I originally thought the tri-phase files didn't have left and right channel differential effects but once I out the electrodes in my usual areas, I determined the files were just fine.
In the debug mode you can skip them
That's what I've been doing, usually I'll feel one, skip the next, feel one, skip the next, and once I hit the x files, I skip those. I have a text file where I took notes on the character's path in GuideMe(did this before gasm was released).I understand that it was the Bryci tower modified a bit and using the files from the sound library as a basic demonstration of the sound files and how they can work together and progress.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

Because there was a request, I uploaded a 4-channel sound pack. (Link in the initial post)

For description, please read the text in 'calib4.gsc' or 'calib.scr' where Carmen explains how to use the files.

In order to use the files with the test tease, just copy the contents of the zip archive to the tease directory sucht that 'calib.scr' is overwritten. If you want to use the gasm version without the server, uncomment the line

Code: Select all

var audioChannels=4;
in 'EStimSurprise.html'.

You do not need the audio files if you use the gasm with gesrver because gserver builds the sound (in a configurable way) at run time.

Because I built the 4 channel files with a newer development version of my software, there may be some bugs. But there will be at least one other version of the lib with less short term volume effects (which are the reason why these files a a little bit wild).

Despite all that, it's probably not a good idea to use the 4 channel files in a EOS tease, because these sounds (the pack contains 4 types) are not portable. And if you want to write offline teases, gasm/gserver is the recommended way. (The API for dynamic sound generation is mostly finished, but I did not spent much time for it in the last weeks.)
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

Hi everyone. I have a question. I’ve downloaded the estim surprise file and the sound library. Unpacked them to what I think is the right folder but I am unable to get any sound at all. I was wondering if someone would kindly shoot me a screenshot of the correct file structure for the audio files. I understand that you have to unpack them to the same folder as the tease but it’s not working for me. I am trying to use this tease via html I am not setup yet to use guide me software at this time. Hopefully soon. Thanks in advance.

I am not computer literate individual but I can usually find my way around. I will upload a screenshot of my file structure for reference once I’m home from work.

Hop
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: EStim sound library and EStimSurprise Tease

Post by mantrid »

Sorry for the late reply.

I reorganized everything, see the initial post for an updated general description and the download link.

Changes:
  • Everything is put into one package which now contains pre-generated sound files for stereo boxes, definitions for dynamically geneated sounds, the tease and the HTTP server needed for the playback of the dynamic version
  • The package contains two lib versions
    • v1.8 is equal to v1.7 except that it does not contain bugs (hopefully). These bugs disabled the phase modulation effects for stereo devices (I didn't recognized this because I use 4 channels)
    • v1.9 should be less rough
    • The audio files became a little bit unsorted over time
    • You can switch between version during the tease by pressing the "Repeat 1.8" or the "Repeat 1.9" button. (This changes the lib and re-plays the current file)
    • The algorithm for sound generation has been changed and the sound configuration has been simplified. The initial post contains some additional hints for configuration.
    Also sorry for not posting updates. Because no one seemed to be interested in my stuff that had no high priority.