[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Post by 47dahc »

sdude21 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:45 pm Hello, I am very interested in creating some Cock Hero videos and would love to use Beatmeter Generator but I can't get past the very first stage, installing the program. The GitHub website says:

There is a windows installer available (64bit only) at: beatmeter-generator-x64.msi
It is larger than the platform independent build below but it contains the Java runtime as well. It should work on Windows 7 and later.

So I downloaded the .msi file, double clicked on it and other than getting a Windows security warning which I clicked past, nothing happened. I'm not totally computer illiterate, although usually I handle installing .exe files without a problem. There must be some other step to installing an .msi file so can anyone enlighten me on this? I read through a lot of this forum and on reddit and couldn't find an answer.

I'm on Windows 10 by the way. Thank you!
I just went through this today as I just had to do a reload of Windows on my computer. The .msi did exactly what you said. Since I had used it before, I had an idea of what to look for. It installs to the path:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\sklave-daniel\Beatmeter Generator
In that folder, there is beatmeter-generator.jar file. As long as you have Java installed and environment variable configured correctly, you should be good.

I however, have another issue. I can get BM Gen to start but it just hangs when I try to import a .wav file. I have the latest Java installed so I'm not sure if I need a prior Java version or if something is wrong with the .msi build.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

47dahc wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 pm I however, have another issue. I can get BM Gen to start but it just hangs when I try to import a .wav file. I have the latest Java installed so I'm not sure if I need a prior Java version or if something is wrong with the .msi build.
Are you sure you ware importing it and not opening it as a safe file?
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:34 pm
47dahc wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 pm I however, have another issue. I can get BM Gen to start but it just hangs when I try to import a .wav file. I have the latest Java installed so I'm not sure if I need a prior Java version or if something is wrong with the .msi build.
Are you sure you ware importing it and not opening it as a safe file?
Was just coming back here to throw myself under the bus. I was trying to open, not import. :oops:

I also downloaded the independent .jar file as well as JDK 21 and all seems to be working now. I have it on a separate drive now rather than my system drive in case my system crashes again I won't have to worry about it. No need for the .msi with the .jar file.
sdude21
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sdude21 »

It should work, I have tested in on Windows 10. But if it does not, try installing a JDK from Oracle manually and get the jar.
I just went through this today as I just had to do a reload of Windows on my computer. The .msi did exactly what you said. Since I had used it before, I had an idea of what to look for. It installs to the path:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\sklave-daniel\Beatmeter Generator
In that folder, there is beatmeter-generator.jar file. As long as you have Java installed and environment variable configured correctly, you should be good.
kerkersklave and 47dahc thank you but I could really use some additional help. First it turned out that I did not have Java installed on my laptop after all. I just assumed it was there since I seem to recall that every PC I ever owned always had it. Anyhow, I installed it, rebooted my laptop, double clicked on the .msi file and still nothing happened.

You guys mentioned two things that I wanted to ask if you could elaborate on since doing a Google search turned up nothing helpful:

"try installing a JDK from Oracle manually and get the jar" This is confusing to me because in the sklave-daniel\Beatmeter Generator folder there is a beatmeter-generator.jar file as 47dahc suggested I look for. Is there another .jar file I'm supposed to get from Oracle and if so, which one and where do I put it?

"As long as you have Java installed and environment variable configured correctly, you should be good." I can't seem to find any useful information on "environment configured correctly" so can you go into more detail on this?

Sorry if these are noob questions but as I said I am very motivated to start making some Cock Hero videos and to be honest, thought all I would have to do is download the Beatmeter Generator program, click a few buttons and I'd be up and running.

I see the guide on how to use the program on the github page but has there never been a step-by-step guide for installing the program? Or is the belief that the install should be super easy so there is no need for a step-by-step guide?
sdude21
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sdude21 »

Oops, color me stupid... I feel quite dumb.I had been trying to start the program by double clicking on the msi file but I just looked at my desk top and saw a heart shaped icon for BMG, clicked it and the program started right up. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. I still think a step-by-step install guide would be helpful, telling noobs like me to look for the dektop icon that will launch the program.

Now I just need to learn how to use it so back to the github instructions I shall go. One thing I already don't see is how to create the little throbbing circle effect. I'm only seeing dashes right now. Are the circles included or do I get them elsewhere?
sdude21
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sdude21 »

I once again answered my own question and found the drop down menu where I can choose what I presume to be the "dots" output. I plan to try it this weekend. Wish me luck!