[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

senorgif2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Post by senorgif2 »

Hello I just started using the software a few days ago. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, if so I apologize. I am having this weird bug where I'm trying to ctrl+scrollwheel to zoom in, and it kicks me to a different part of the project. and always to the same part. Idk if i activated an option unknowingly that somehow bookmarks the location and scrolls to it for some reason or what. Its so consistently I'm wondering if its some kind of feature I activated and I'm not aware of. I'm also working on a 120 minute project, so maybe the length has something to do with it. Its not a critical error, but boy its really annoying and really slows me down. Any help or ideas are appreciated it. Thanks! I have already tried restarting the app and my PC. I made a little video that shows what happens: https://www.redgifs.com/watch/giantgene ... ephantseal
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

senorgif2 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm Hello I just started using the software a few days ago. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, if so I apologize. I am having this weird bug where I'm trying to ctrl+scrollwheel to zoom in, and it kicks me to a different part of the project. and always to the same part. Idk if i activated an option unknowingly that somehow bookmarks the location and scrolls to it for some reason or what.
That looks like a bug. There is no feature that changes the zooming behavior. I know that there are some scrolling/zooming issues. At some point I have to go through the logic for that. It is a bit tricky. I hope you can work with it for now. I haven't seen that exact behavior in my own testing and I hope it does not happen too often.
senorgif2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by senorgif2 »

kerkersklave wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:51 pm
senorgif2 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm Hello I just started using the software a few days ago. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, if so I apologize. I am having this weird bug where I'm trying to ctrl+scrollwheel to zoom in, and it kicks me to a different part of the project. and always to the same part. Idk if i activated an option unknowingly that somehow bookmarks the location and scrolls to it for some reason or what.
That looks like a bug. There is no feature that changes the zooming behavior. I know that there are some scrolling/zooming issues. At some point I have to go through the logic for that. It is a bit tricky. I hope you can work with it for now. I haven't seen that exact behavior in my own testing and I hope it does not happen too often.
I noticed that if I scroll the wheel slower it tends not to happen, so maybe its some sort of bug related to scroll speed. I should also note I scripted about 100 minutes of this project yesterday, and never had a problem, but today the bug started. it takes me back to around the 102 minute mark every time, so maybe it could be some kind of memory leak bug? I'm no programmer, or coder or anything like that so I really have no idea what I'm talking about lol.
senorgif2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by senorgif2 »

New wrinkles for consideration. I've gone further into the project, now the zoom function is really deteriorating. When I try to zoom even one "click" on the wheel, it kicks me back about a minute earlier in the timeline. I was using ctrl+win+end to get back to where I was before up to this point, and now that is taking me to the start of the audio track instead. Also of note is that I am using three monitors, and I have noticed that the dialogue boxes often show up on my other two monitors depending on where i right click in the project, for example if i click over on the left side, it tends to open on the left monitor, on the right side, the right monitor. maybe this could be affecting the zoom as well. I did just now try to test with my monitors disconnecting and it was still having the same zoom issues. My workaround will be to cut up the project into two files.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

It might be some rounding issue or an overflow of some variable or something that happens for very long projects. It's good to know that it starts happening around 90 minute. I'll try to figure that out at some point...
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

If it's the same issue that's been discussed earlier, it only tends to happen near the end of the project. To me it seems like it might be percentage based, since I'm pretty sure I got it even in my shorter ones, but I definitely run into it in my longer productions, when I have a song that's say 30-45 minutes long. I'd say it starts happening in maybe the last 5-10% of the song.

The way I usually get around it is by starting playback while I scroll, since the view will jump to where the playhead is while I'm scrolling. It's not ideal, but it keeps me around the area I want to work on.

It also seems to only happen at certain scroll depths. As in I'll scroll normally a little bit, but then suddenly it'll jump, and then when I get back and scroll in further, it might not happen again.

But if you need a test file with associated music where it happens, I can certainly provide one.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
random1888
Explorer
Explorer

Post by random1888 »

Has anyone ever gotten this to run successfully on mac? I remember I got it working once on a previous computer with a certain version of java and a certain version of javafx, but I can't seem to replicate it now! I made a quick one-off video (Cock Hero Katee) but I'd really like to convert some more existing PMVs into CH's. I saw somebody doing that recently and thought it was really cool!
tjmc927
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tjmc927 »

So this is weird.... I've been using the app with no problem. I double-click the icon on the desktop, it opens, no big deal.

Except today. I double-clicked it... and it asked me what program I would like to use to open it. Huh? It listed a bunch of programs like Audacity, some Coding programs... this has never happened before. Any time I've double-clicked the icon, I just get the Beatmeter Generator. Now it's like my laptop... the same one I've always used... has no idea what this is. Yet it's still installed on my laptop.

Any idea what happened here? Why can't I open the app?
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

tjmc927 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:49 am So this is weird.... I've been using the app with no problem. I double-click the icon on the desktop, it opens, no big deal.

Except today. I double-clicked it... and it asked me what program I would like to use to open it. Huh? It listed a bunch of programs like Audacity, some Coding programs... this has never happened before. Any time I've double-clicked the icon, I just get the Beatmeter Generator. Now it's like my laptop... the same one I've always used... has no idea what this is. Yet it's still installed on my laptop.

Any idea what happened here? Why can't I open the app?
You didn't uninstall Java or something, did you?

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
tjmc927
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tjmc927 »

I didn't... that I know of. But based off your response, I re-downloaded and re-installed it... and it worked..

I have no idea how in the hell Java got deleted from my computer, but THANK YOU!!! At least I got it working again....
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

tjmc927 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:16 am I didn't... that I know of. But based off your response, I re-downloaded and re-installed it... and it worked..

I have no idea how in the hell Java got deleted from my computer, but THANK YOU!!! At least I got it working again....
Nice. Glad it helped. :)

eloelo120
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eloelo120 »

hey,
i made simple beatmeter for a song, but when i click generate video, nothing happens. pressing generate audio works, but theres no filetype to choose. Not sure what I did wrong
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

eloelo120 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:16 pm hey,
i made simple beatmeter for a song, but when i click generate video, nothing happens. pressing generate audio works, but theres no filetype to choose. Not sure what I did wrong
Did you select a track for video generation with the buttons in front of the tracks?
eloelo120
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eloelo120 »

oh god, sorry! was in a hurry yesterday, I knew I missed something super obvious.
It works as intended now, thank you kerkersklave
Meat-Beat-Maniac
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Meat-Beat-Maniac »

So I'm having an error and I didn't see it mentioned here so hope it's not a repeat

When I try to generate video I get this error sequence of numbers. I think it might be about the frames or something. Whatever it is the window is too big for me to see the top or bottom and you can't scroll it, so I don't know if it says anything else. I tried another song I've done previously, and can generate video no problem. I've closed and reopened the program. All the settings I can see are the same. I've done longer songs, so it's not a limitation there.

I have no idea what's going on. Thoughts? You can see the number sequence below and the track settings.

Edit: Follow-up:

I figured it out, I deleted section by section until I could see the error message. That error is when beats are too close together. Those numbers are timestamps saying where the beat is that is too close another. I spread out that section a bit and then it let me save it.