Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
Zapevery1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by Zapevery1 »

In firefox after a (no action) choice and staying on the same page the text won't autoscroll down. I've tried the same in chrome and it works fine there, although it takes half a second to scroll down. and even then it seems to also not autoscroll every now and then.
bakak17
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by bakak17 »

Zapevery1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:01 pm In firefox after a (no action) choice and staying on the same page the text won't autoscroll down. I've tried the same in chrome and it works fine there, although it takes half a second to scroll down. and even then it seems to also not autoscroll every now and then.
I've found that if viewing/previewing a tease, and you click to skip a piece of text that autoplays, it won't autoscroll. But if you wait until the text autoplays, it should scroll automatically.
-bakak17
Zapevery1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Zapevery1 »

bakak17 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:13 pm I've found that if viewing/previewing a tease, and you click to skip a piece of text that autoplays, it won't autoscroll. But if you wait until the text autoplays, it should scroll automatically.
Well I was specifically mentioning for the case that you create a choice button that doesn't go to another page or performs any specific action.
Text following such a button randomly does not autoscroll.
But it's annoying that it also does that in the case where you click on text.
I found it seems to happen more often or all the time on firefox and chrome less so.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by mantrid »

When I tested "EStim Challenge" I noticed several bugs, see this post

I reproduced this behavior with development tools/network analyzer opened: The browser costantly loads tons of media into memory until it runs out of it. How long this takes depends on network bandwidth, how much media it is fetched from cache and the available memory.
GAsm -- A guide assembler with EStim support to generate interactive teases that run in a browser.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

ups wrong thread... :lol:

And yes memory bug still there. :-/
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

Hello seraph0x

I have been unable to delete items from the files area for a while. I have tried deleting files from old teases and tried making a brand new tease to try deleting items but they still become stuck in the file area no matter if they are Jpgs or MP3s.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem? Should I try a different browser (using Chrome) or something else? The gallery area works fine but I'd also like to use the file area in EOS.

Thanking you in advance.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

I've had the same problem. Only option is to manually edit the JSON backup to remove the items, then restore.

AFAIK, no uploaded files are ever truly deleted from EOS. Files appear to be indexed by a unique hash, so if anyone ever uploads the same file again, I think it just de-duplicates, stores a single copy, and records the file's hash in the tease. (Perhaps EOS does some type of garbage collection to find files that are no longer referenced by any tease, but that didn't seem to be the case.)
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

fapnip wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:40 pm I've had the same problem. Only option is to manually edit the JSON backup to remove the items, then restore.

AFAIK, no uploaded files are ever truly deleted from EOS. Files appear to be indexed by a unique hash, so if anyone ever uploads the same file again, I think it just de-duplicates, stores a single copy, and records the file's hash in the tease. (Perhaps EOS does some type of garbage collection to find files that are no longer referenced by any tease, but that didn't seem to be the case.)
Thanks fapnip. I haven't had any experience with manually editing the .json file but i'll try and locate where the stuck files are located. Are they usually near the top of the file or somewhere in the depths? Anyway, i'll give it a try. Thanks very much for your help.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

So it seems an Eos change has happened overnight and now...things are broken? :\'-(

I can't load my tease without using private browsing, and it seems anything involving variables and such isn't working so now my tease is unplayable.

Anyone else running into this?

I note that the way instant text is implemented is different now, less flow-y and more jaunt-y, so I assume some update has happened behind the scenes to break things.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Shattered wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:23 am So it seems an Eos change has happened overnight and now...things are broken? :\'-(
Indeed, I rolled out a change ealier today. Can you let me know which tease is not working and how I can trigger the bug?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:58 pm
Shattered wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:23 am So it seems an Eos change has happened overnight and now...things are broken? :\'-(
Indeed, I rolled out a change ealier today. Can you let me know which tease is not working and how I can trigger the bug?
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=40253

It gets stuck on loading modules when I try to go in with my saved profile.

On a private browser, if you e.g. go to code and type 'admin' that's a page number, it won't work.

Or click start and keep playing through the story for a minute and it freezes on any input.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Looks like you can't input some text into variables.
When you go to settings and try to input a custom volume in the settings as a number the tease will freeze.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=43497

Also the text scrolling looks way more stutter than before.

Any updates on the memory leak bug? Looks like this is the biggest problem at the moment and will still freeze some tease which are using a larger amount of pictures. :-/

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22630
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

lolol2 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:44 pm Looks like you can't input some text into variables.
When you go to settings and try to input a custom volume in the settings as a number the tease will freeze.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=43497
Got it, yeah there was a bug with prompts which should now be fixed. Reload to get the latest client.

lolol2 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:44 pm Any updates on the memory leak bug? Looks like this is the biggest problem at the moment and will still freeze some tease which are using a larger amount of pictures. :-/

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22630
I have not been able to reproduce this error. I can watch your example tease for hours with no issues. Yes, memory usage does quickly shoot up but it eventually once it pretty much uses all available memory. What I think is going on (at least on my machine) is that Chrome doesn't actually free up memory until its needed for something else. I can only tell Chrome that I don't need a given image cached anymore, I don't control when Chrome actually goes and clears it out of memory.

From the screenshot it looks like you're on Windows, so I'll go and try it on Windows and see if that makes a difference.

lolol2 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:44 pmAlso the text scrolling looks way more stutter than before.
Hmm, not really noticing a difference here. I'll go ahead and also try this one on Windows.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:41 pm From the screenshot it looks like you're on Windows, so I'll go and try it on Windows and see if that makes a difference.
Ok, yeah, on Windows it crashes. Really not sure why it would though - I'm pretty sure I'm freeing up the cached images after I'm done with them. I'll investigate some more.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Thanks, looks like its sorted now!

lolol2 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:44 pmAlso the text scrolling looks way more stutter than before.
Hmm, not really noticing a difference here. I'll go ahead and also try this one on Windows.
[/quote]

There definately is. I'm not sure I mind it, it might even be better, but if it's not intentional thats more of a concern.

Take my tease linked before, it has 5 instant messages in a row - before it would slowly 'slide' past each of them in one seamless motion. Now it prints one. pauses a quarter second, then prints the next.