Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
Lojackload
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by Lojackload »

So, there seems to be a problem going on right now, not sure if it's because of changes being applied to EOS, but right now I cannot load up the tease I've been working on. Wanted to test a few variables and it just gets stuck in Loading Modules.

Also happened with every other EOS tease I try to load normally.

As an example:
Spoiler: show
Edit: Did a few quick checks on a few things. It seems it gets stuck reading the init scripts and can't get past it. So EOS teases without init scripts load up fine, but others get insta-stuck there. Also evals might not be working work right now, but since I can't open up my teases to try them, I can't really confirm this.
seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:41 pm
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:50 pm Ok, yeah, on Windows it crashes. Really not sure why it would though - I'm pretty sure I'm freeing up the cached images after I'm done with them. I'll investigate some more.
Ok, I just pushed an update with a different style preloader and that fixed the issue for me on Windows. @lolol2: Can you test again please?

Shattered wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:53 pm Take my tease linked before, it has 5 instant messages in a row - before it would slowly 'slide' past each of them in one seamless motion. Now it prints one. pauses a quarter second, then prints the next.
Gotcha. Part of this update was that I updated dependencies, i.e. I updated the libraries that Eos is using. I'm guessing that the animation library we are using changed how it handles multiple animations in series. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the clear explanation. Most of the time it takes me 80% of the time to reproduce a bug and 20% to fix it, so a good explanation of the expected behavior vs actual behavior with an example tease saves me a ton of time.

Lojackload wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:03 pm So, there seems to be a problem going on right now, not sure if it's because of changes being applied to EOS, but right now I cannot load up the tease I've been working on. Wanted to test a few variables and it just gets stuck in Loading Modules.

Edit: Did a few quick checks on a few things. It seems it gets stuck reading the init scripts and can't get past it. So EOS teases without init scripts load up fine, but others get insta-stuck there. Also evals might not be working work right now, but since I can't open up my teases to try them, I can't really confirm this.
Can you give me the ID of a tease that isn't loading? (The ID is the number in the address bar when you are editing the tease in the Eos Editor.)
Lojackload
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lojackload »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:36 pm
Lojackload wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:03 pm So, there seems to be a problem going on right now, not sure if it's because of changes being applied to EOS, but right now I cannot load up the tease I've been working on. Wanted to test a few variables and it just gets stuck in Loading Modules.

Can you give me the ID of a tease that isn't loading? (The ID is the number in the address bar when you are editing the tease in the Eos Editor.)
Sent in PM

It seems to load fine in incognito mode, Chrome however it can't load. It seems any Tease with an Init Script isn't loading properly on anything that isn't Firefox or maybe Edge, so it might be a memory leak of sorts?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Lojackload wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:39 pm Sent in PM

It seems to load fine in incognito mode, Chrome however it can't load. It seems any Tease with an Init Script isn't loading properly on anything that isn't Firefox or maybe Edge, so it might be a memory leak of sorts?
Works fine for me in Chrome. My best guess is that you have a broken version of the client cached in Chrome. That would explain why it's working in other browsers and in incognito mode. Normally hitting refresh once or twice should clear it.
Lojackload
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lojackload »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:50 pm
Lojackload wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:39 pm Sent in PM

Works fine for me in Chrome. My best guess is that you have a broken version of the client cached in Chrome. That would explain why it's working in other browsers and in incognito mode. Normally hitting refresh once or twice should clear it.
Well, clearing the cache did do it.
Lojackload
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lojackload »

Are there any plans to implement a way to actually delete files that are uploaded to a tease? The current workarounds are kind of a pain.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Lojackload wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:49 pm Are there any plans to implement a way to actually delete files that are uploaded to a tease? The current workarounds are kind of a pain.
Yeah, I actually fixed that bug months ago. You ask: What's the reason I haven't released it yet? Well, the Eos editor is using an open-source rich text editor called Slate.js and that project made some massive breaking changes a while ago so when I tried to update that dependency it turned from a five minute update, to a two hour migration, to a ten hour bug hunt, to a 40 hour bang-head-against-wall marathon and it's still buggy as heck after all of that.

Obviously, I could revert back to the old version but that's effort too and it feels like I gotta be getting close now. Maybe I'll take another look at it today but it's taken a lot of patience and whenever I do release the new version there will probably be new bugs in it just because there are so many huge behind-the-scenes changes.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Alright, I played around with it a bit and it seems stable enough to give it a go.

The main new feature is code completion for any built-in APIs:

Please backup your teases, expect bugs, and let me know if you find any. :love:
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by lolol2 »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:36 pm Ok, I just pushed an update with a different style preloader and that fixed the issue for me on Windows. @lolol2: Can you test again please?
Now it works fine! The tab will grow to around ~1,2GB memory usage and then starting to clear some space and the tease won't break.
THANK YOU!!! :love: :-)
My creations:

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Lojackload
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lojackload »

seraph0x wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:53 pm
I dislike being a constant pain in your ass right now :-D

But it seems, at least for the time being, whenever you click on, for example an 'if' clause with a variable, it copies the variable in question into the next if clause you click on. Or more specifically, it copies the last var in the list into the earliest one if you click on it.

As an example on my current tease I have vars "hard" and "easy", clicking on hard was fine, and when I clicked on easy nothing happened, but clicking on easy and then clicking on hard overwrote hard with easy, without changing any of the clauses inside.

There seems to be a few other problems going with it, but this is the only one I experienced fiddling around with it. There's been threads made about this too.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Lojackload wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:55 pm But it seems, at least for the time being, whenever you click on, for example an 'if' clause with a variable, it copies the variable in question into the next if clause you click on. Or more specifically, it copies the last var in the list into the earliest one if you click on it.
Yep. This should be fixed now.

I believe I've now fixed all regression bugs (new bugs introduced by this weekend's update) that have been reported so far. If not, please make a thread in the tech support forum. Or if there already is a thread, just post a reply to move the thread back to the top. Thanks! :love:
rakeshhame
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by rakeshhame »

The editor dosen't show images when trying to preview or even after uploading.
SEE TEASES CREATED BY ME AT:-
https://milovana.com/webteases/?author=106967
jhorny10493
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by jhorny10493 »

First, is there a way to delete a web tease started in EOS? So far I cannot seem to find anything representing a delete button or option.

Also, are the persistent variables stored within cookies?
Meaning, if they're in incognito mode or clear their history will it be as though they reset the tease?

Lastly, I would just like to say thank you for all your hard work. This new program is amazing! Keep up the great work! :love:
Greetings Fellow Traveler!
--------------------------------
Check out my Teases:
FlashTease Versions

GuideMe/TeaseMe Versions:
-----The download links are in the forums-----
Pressure
Pressure II
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Options -> Basic Settings -> Delete Tease

When users are logged in, the persistent variables get stored on the server, when you are not logged in they get stored in the browsers.
My creations:

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
jhorny10493
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by jhorny10493 »

lolol2 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am Options -> Basic Settings -> Delete Tease

When users are logged in, the persistent variables get stored on the server, when you are not logged in they get stored in the browsers.
Interesting, thanks for the information.
Greetings Fellow Traveler!
--------------------------------
Check out my Teases:
FlashTease Versions

GuideMe/TeaseMe Versions:
-----The download links are in the forums-----
Pressure
Pressure II