Delay in Flash Teases

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
MoneyMan07
Explorer
Explorer

Delay in Flash Teases

Post by MoneyMan07 »

Just wanted to ask the community if they feel the same way I do about something. I've been avoiding flash teases altogether for one big reason, delay. It seems like the one thing most flash teases have in common is a lot of waiting doing nothing.

What usually happens is I open a tease, read through the text and then wait another 10 seconds before anything happens, this then continues throughout the tease. Now I understand people read at different speeds but I think it really takes away form the experience when your done reading and just have to sit there. Maybe tease authors could put a continue button for the fast reader but still have the tease go automatically if not clicked?

What do you guys think?
cbtslavemale
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Delay in Flash Teases

Post by cbtslavemale »

ermmm.........correct me if i am wrong but if you are finished reading the text in 10 seconds and wanting to click to next page, then you are not following any of the instructions on alot of the flash teases, alot of them have deliberate time delays whilst you are ordered to do things.....think you are missing the whole point/fun in them if you are just reading through them...

just a thought :-) :-)
eteased
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eteased »

Anytime there's a page full of text that you're just supposed to read, I also really prefer it when the author uses a "Continue" button and not a timer. I think I've run into a couple of teases where a timer was used like that, and it was an annoyance. See the first page of "We have problem 5," for example.

I like the idea of using timers to enforce actions, as mentioned by cbtslavemale. But, like MoneyMan07, I don't like sitting and waiting to read the next page when I've done what I'm supposed to and I'm ready to continue. On the whole, I think most Flash teases I've looked at have done a good job at using appropriate methods to control pace.
Salerio
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Salerio »

I fully agree. with MoneyMan. I avoid flash teases specifically because the waiting drives me nuts.

This is even less in keeping with the spirit of teases, but I hate difficulties in exploring teases. For example, I just browsed through eteased's most recent effort, and you face a choice near the end. Going through all the potential routes in a flash tease takes way, way longer than in a standard tease, and I dislike the bother.
t&d&cbt4me
Explorer
Explorer

Post by t&d&cbt4me »

My opinion is that if you have constant "Continue" buttons in a flash tease, it makes it not much different than a regular tease. After all, isn't the point of the flash teases that you don't have to keep pushing buttons? The tease continues on its own, so you don't have to take a hand away from what you're supposed to be doing.

I guess its a matter of preference, but I like the flash teases when I don't have to stop and click a button every single screen. Once in a while is fine. To me, something on the order of House of Tease 2 is close to perfect, as there is a mix of both.

Just my 2 cents.
ThirtyDaysOfDenial
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by ThirtyDaysOfDenial »

I have to agree, although my own teases have many delays.
I like to think I use them appropriately, and never when there is no task, only text.

The "We Have Problem" series is a good example of doing it wrong. The first several pages are always just a couple sentences of text with no tasks, but it's usually a full minute on each page. I wouldn't know how they end because I lose patience after five minutes and I've read 10 poorly structured sentences.

If I use a delay, there's usually a reason, such as I want the viewer to rub or stroke until the page changes, or there is a time limit on the task, or after awhile I want the viewer to rest for the alloted time, and I also have several pages with buttons as well.

Anyway, I think mine are okay, but others may disagree. If so, maybe people can point out in feedback threads: "The page where she says 'yada yada' is way too long and needs either a continue button or a shorter delay" and the author has the option to go edit.
I don't really care what gentlemen prefer.
tdrules
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by tdrules »

I tend to agree that if there is no task just reading there needs to be a continue button. I read very fast so I'm just sitting there waiting. Sometimes while I'm waiting I'll switch tabs and look at something else out of boredom. But I agree that if its "5 minutes of stroking" then a timer is needed other than that "forget that noise" lol.

I'd love the "sound tease" the best out of the flash teases because you get a "chance to cum" vs just programed to where you do or don't cum. I love doing my "favorites" over and over again but some of them have the same ending every time. Which is why I love "sound stroking" because each time you determine your own fate each day.

Just my opinion. If I could find the time I'll do one myself but we all know sometimes there isn't enough hours in the day lol.
TDRULES
sexualreflex
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sexualreflex »

my problem with the flash teases delays are when the delays are hidden, i normally just close the tease after waiting too long doing nothing

and lets not forget, not everyone follows every instruction in a tease, in normal teases its fine, i can just skip past it, in a flash tease i have a long wait till i can continue with what im doing
available to please!
MartinC
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MartinC »

I'm glad this has been brought up. After all the fanfare about flash teases when they arrived, I have to admit I now skip them entirely because they are SO slow. Yes yes, I understand the point about it being in the author's control instead of the reader, but honestly some of them you'd have to have a reading age of 5 to appreciate the speed they run at. I just get bored staring at the same page for endless minutes waiting for something - anything! - to happen. The original teases have all the advantages of a book ... you can go slow at the slow bits and fast at the fast bits. The Flash ones are like a movie ... you have to go at the pace set. I find it really difficult to retain the eroticism ... perhaps because between page 6 and 7, I checked my email, between page 7 and 8, I surfed over to check out some sports scores, between page 8 and 9, I paid a few bills online etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Frankly, the Flash teases, far from being the pick of the bunch, are boring.
izzygirl
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by izzygirl »

Looked at a few flash teases, I find the delay quite annoying and have just exited the screen.
Haven't read any for a while because of the delay.
The other point, in a favourite tease, the reader may skip through to the pages that he or she enjoys the most, this can't be done on the flash teases so I think that even the fans of the flash teases perhaps don't read them again, because the delay would be even more annoying the second or third time you sat through it.
miatly
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by miatly »

Chiming in with:

Yeah I start to avoid flash teases because of the long delays on the text only preliminary pages. I usually check my email at the same time to find out if they are going to be worth doing with the delays. Even then I get fed up some of the time.
mu
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mu »

I also avoid flashteases for this reason. Also because they're not rated, so it might be totally crap and it's stupid sitting through 30 second introduction screens just to find out...
Nikki
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Nikki »

mu wrote:I also avoid flashteases for this reason. Also because they're not rated, so it might be totally crap and it's stupid sitting through 30 second introduction screens just to find out...
I thought I posted but I do not see it.. forgive me if this is a double post.

Have you tried my flash tease? It that format ok for you guys? You can't "whip" through but there is no delay after a brief time you can move forward at your own pace.

Is something like that available as a format?

Nikki
db6
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by db6 »

Could you post a link please Nikki cause I can't see it in your profile. You don't seem to have any teases associated with you - maybe it's not marked as 'live' yet?
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

The webtease editors can always go back and change the timing. If you find one that has this problem you should PM them or something.

I much prefer the flash teases over the normal ones. I find myself cheating too often on the normal teases. It feels more realistic when the timing is in the control of the author.