Tips for getting a higher rating

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fcpwiz
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Gay
I am a: Slave

Tips for getting a higher rating

Post by fcpwiz »

Hi,

I just made my first ever webtease, and I noticed that I currently have a rating of 2.6. Why is my score so low, and what are some tips to get a higher rating in the future?

Here is the tease: https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=30239\

Thanks!
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Tips for getting a higher rating

Post by philo »

I wouldn't worry too much about the rating.
look more at the number of views and the feedback you get here.
Some people give a negative rating because
they don't like the model used
they don't like flash teases (or normal teases if it is a normal tease)
they don't like the subject matter
there are grammatical errors in the text
they don't like long teases (or short teases )

So the rating can be easily skewed.
the best advice I had is write a tease you would enjoy and only really pay attention to written feedback in the forums.
If you are not writing in your first language or you find spelling / grammar challenging ask someone to proof read it for you (I have not tried your tease so don't know if this is the case for you). There are lots of pedants on here who would be more than happy to correct grammar :lol:
PrincessJulia
Explorer
Explorer

Post by PrincessJulia »

Maybe because it is a gay-tease and the majority of these forums are straight men?

I don't know, though!

Love,

Princess Julia
ddartner
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by ddartner »

Straight men click on the tease and are met with gay content. At least put it in the describtive words (gay and for men) or if possible in the title. All straight men would ignore it then and know it's not a tease for them unless they are into gay images for whatever reason :)

------
If your writing for a very specific public or fetish your tease automatically gets lower scores.... nothing to do with quality of describtion :) the most popular teases here have edging as a first thing.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

To tell you the truth, your rating is low probably mostly because it's a gay tease. I personally don't vote on those, and I frankly can't bring myself to judge it and review it for you. But there are apparently people who DO vote negatively. Not because your teae is generally bad, but because it's bad for THEM, being a gay tease.

In your case - don't mind the ratings too much, because gay tease ratings will always be low.
As for general tips, I find this works:
1) Make sure there's no bugs in your tease. A lot of people will downvote it if they get stuck halfthrough.
2) Take time to select a good set of pictures. Best results will be if it's a SET, a whole sequence of pictures, not just random pics of different models.
3) Plan your tease. Don't make impossible demands. Don't rush the first edge - give player a few minutes of just stroking.
4) Pay attention to grammar. Use capitals where needed, don't forget your commas and dots.
5) Create a simple back story for your tease. Explain it in 3-5 pages before tease start. (story teases ofc need more story)
6) dont use long timers. If you want something to last a few minutes - make several pages with different pictures.
7) dont use long weblinks in flash teases because you cant copy them. Try to avoid links in flash teases whatsoever, but if you must, use link shorteners.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
quadripalz
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quadripalz »

Don't be discouraged by low ratings, my lowest rating on a tease was 2.2 and my highest was 3.5. Yet the one with a 3.5 rating has about 3200 views less than the one with a 2.2 rating.

Even if only 1 person was happy with my tease, then I have done my job.
fcpwiz
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Gay
I am a: Slave

Post by fcpwiz »

Thanks for all the tips guys! :)