FB: Pledge to the Coven

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: FB: Pledge to the Coven

Post by fapnip »

lmind wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:19 am Can that code be loaded/converted into something playable in GuideMe or EOS?
After some experimentation, I think I've come up with the easiest way to convert an unpublished Nyx/Flash Tease to Eos, without having flash.

While logged into your Milovana account:

1. Open the following link to get a list of all your Nyx teases, including unpublished ones:
https://milovana.com/rpc/?f=nyx_getTeases

Take note of the Tease ID for the tease you want to export and convert.

2. Open the following link, after replacing YOUR_TEASE_ID with the tease ID from step 1:
https://milovana.com/webteases/geteosscript.php?id=YOUR_TEASE_ID&preview=1

3. Right click the resulting JSON from step 2 and save-as.

4. Open the Nyx to Eos Converter, click the paper clip icon to switch to file mode, and select the JSON file you just saved in step 3.

5. Click the download button to save the converted Eos JSON, restore to a new tease in Milovana's Eos editor.
Last edited by fapnip on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by lmind »

fapnip wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:17 pm
Hell yeah, fapnip! Thank you. I will give this a try and report how it goes.

-lmind
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

lmind wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 pm I will give this a try and report how it goes.
Please do. I'm certainly open to input on ways to improve the converter, like changes to the way I'm trying to break Nyx page text up into multiple Eos Say actions, etc.
kontraband
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by kontraband »

lmind wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 pm

-lmind
Did you have any luck with it?
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lmind »

kontraband wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:13 pm
lmind wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 pm

-lmind
Did you have any luck with it?
Well... more than a year later, I finally got around to trying this. And it seems to have worked! Thank you, fapnip! This is a really big deal, because it means my work is not lost.

So... now I have an unpublished EOS version of the second (unfinished) chapter of Pledge to the Coven. Now I have to decide what to do next.

-lmind
malaru
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by malaru »

Judging from how great of an experience the original pledge to the coven was, I'd personally love to see the sequel, even if its only available in an unfinished state.

Although of course "unfinished" can mean a lot of things - ranging from just missing some polishing to not containing any finished encounters or being connected and playable in any way without additional effort.

If you don't plan on finishing it though, I think it would be a shame to let all the work already done go to waste.
Then again, if you do think you might finish it some day - maybe it can be motivating to at least see that people are still interested? :innocent:
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lmind »

It is fully functional and complete up to a point near the very end. But, there are scenes that I think need some rewriting. I'm unhappy with the second puzzle (of 2 puzzles) -- I think it's overcomplicated, for technical reasons related to the fact that it was originally written in Nyx, not EOS. (I had to adjust the puzzle, to account for the possibility of someone failing halfway and returning to the tease later, which Nyx could not handle well.)

So, if I were to finish it, I'd want to finish the final scene, then go back and do minor rework to take advantage of EOS and fix some clunkiness.

That said, I was inspired to make an estim tease, which will be set in the same setting as Pledge. That might be good news to folks with estim, but not for everyone. Then, if that works, I can probably strip out the estim programming and replace it with stroking instructions or metronome. So... a couple things are on the horizon.

-lmind
labrat
Explorer
Explorer

Post by labrat »

Interesting. After seeing this post a few days ago, I went back and started playing the original "Pledge to the Coven" again, it had been a while and I didn't remember it too well, but seemed to remember I thought it was pretty good. Anyway, as I was going through some of the early scenes, I started thinking this would make a pretty good e-stim tease with a little modification. I'm a little hesitant with Bondage and unknown e-stim signals, but otherwise it really has potential.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do or not do.