USB / Flash Drives (Milovana, CyberMistress or PCM)

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
kjjm1971
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

USB / Flash Drives (Milovana, CyberMistress or PCM)

Post by kjjm1971 »

Hi All; what a great site my GF and I use it all the time.

Question:

Can you load any of the teases on a USB / Flash Drive? We'd love to put them on a USB so the friends and family don't find them. Also we could transport them between her PC and my PC.

Also has any one done the same to CyberMistress or PCM? If so where could we find instructions to do the same?

PCM = PC Mistress or put another way = Personal Computer Mistress.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

kjjm1971
omssx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by omssx »

for putting the flash teases here on a flash drive... I beleive the general answer is preferrably not because its the community that keeps this site going essentially. However you'll have to wait for an admin to confirm or deny. As for how possible it is depends how familliar you are with PCs I think its possible but its not a one-click thing.

Now PCM should be a doddle to put on a flash drive, just copy and paste the PCM folder. the only problem you might have here (and with CM) is that the file pathsd for the images and scripts wil be different, where before they were EG "C:\PCM\images\image1.jpg" the C:| drive will now be an E or a D. the way around this is to copy them onto her PC into the same folder. So if you had PCM inside your "all Programs" folder and called the folder "PCM" then so long as you copy and paste it onto your GF's PC into this same folder (you will have to create the folder of course) it will be fine.

I think the same is true for CM, Keneth will be better able to clarify but i dont think any important settings are written to your PC and so the above procedure should work for that too.

Of course if you'd rather run both programs from the flash drive then you have two choices: Recofingure them both with the new image locations (because the drive letter has changed now its on the flash drive so you will have to go into the CM routines and other settings files to change this, same goes for PCM) or simply get the installers for the two programs and install them onto the flash drive and then install all your scripts onto the flash drive using their installers or their install instructions and all should be fine.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Moved to Suggestions.

This question has come up before. The thing is that people tend to download a lot more than they actually view, which puts a lot of strain on the server. But it's definitely planned one way or another. :-)

Sorry that we're currently a little behind with developing new features for the site, don't worry, we'll catch up. ;-)
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kenneth »

hey

for CyberMistress, it should indeed work if you either install CM on that USB drive or if you just copy this folder:

C:\Program Files\CyberMistress

to your USB-stick.

The downside is that you need the Visual Basic runtimes on your computer. Most people already have those installed though.

CyberMistress has a tool which allows you to convert the non-flash teases so they work within CM. But make sure you've got plenty of space on your USB drive, since everything (photos) are also stored.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.