GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

forbiddendesire
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Post by forbiddendesire »

philo wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:41 pm
source code for the android version

Code: Select all

https://github.com/philormand/android-tease-me
From what I remember Android tease me was the precursor to guideme and the original intention was to keep the two in line, but that never happened.
Google changed the menu system and broke the android version and I didn't have the energy/time to re-implement it, so it got dropped.
Source code is there if you want to give it a try, the teasme.xml files are a subset of the guideme ones, so teasme.xml teases should work in guideme but not the other way round. (A tease written for guidme, that only uses the teaseme features, would work)
Thanks! I don't think I could implement all the features of guideme anyway, I think the max I could do would be simple xml teases. The biggest challenge looks like EOS teases, those seem so complex it almost seems impossible for me
Spoiler: show
Goddess Lisa Points: 125

wheresmything
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wheresmything »

Hello, I have a script that calls several overRide.addButton in a row. Is there any way to add space between sets of them (ala the br command for html)? Thanks.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

wheresmything wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:29 am Hello, I have a script that calls several overRide.addButton in a row. Is there any way to add space between sets of them (ala the br command for html)? Thanks.
I don't believe that's possible in the current version.

One thing you could try is using spaces to stretch out the button labels. If you add a button with the label " Button 1 " with extra spaces before and after, Guideme includes those spaces in the button label. You could use a javascript function to "center" the label in a given width by padding with spaces before and after, making all the buttons the same width. If you make them wide enough it would even push the buttons into a single column.

Hope that helps.

PG
wheresmything
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wheresmything »

That's about what I was expecting to hear. No prob. A few buttons are frequent use, others are much more rare, so I can just throw a bunch onto a second page. Doesn't make a big difference in the end. Thanks.
EroticDevelopment
Explorer
Explorer

Post by EroticDevelopment »

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and provide a brief update.

Although not as quickly as I'd like, work is still progressing on GuideMe. At this point my intention is for version 5.0.0 to be the next release. With this version I plan to add a number of exciting features as well as some general maintenance updates.

Here's what's planned and in-progress:
  • Java Update: Yep, it's finally time. Java 8 was first released back in March of 2014 and "support" for it has been drug out for years. I'm planning to release the next version with Java 11, and JRE 11 will become the minimum supported version. I debated jumping straight to Java 17 but decided against it for now to support slightly older systems. JRE 11 runs on pretty much every supported OS at this point so it seems like a reasonable choice.
  • Re-Worked VLC Integration: The VLC integration has been re-worked to better support the latest versions of libVLC and should improve cross-platform compatibility. Some weird issues we've been seeing on Mac and Linux should be greatly improved by these changes. Additionally Audio/Audio2/Video synchronization is in the low single digit milliseconds. This means running e-stim Audio tracks alongside a video track will be much smoother. A small few-line XML tease file makes this an amazing player for the Cock Hero series of videos.
  • Persistent Media: Everyone has asked for it, and here it is! Audio/Audio2/Video tracks can continue to play across pages. I'm still working out all of the implementation details, but there will be an option on each Audio/Video tag to mark that item as persistent as well as global Tease settings to switch persistent media on by default (like EOS teases). New tags will be added for stopping media as well. This should mean running EOS teases offline in GuideMe gets significantly easier.
  • A New JS Interface: The current JS overRide functions have always had a limitation: JavaScript doesn't allow overloading functions, and parameters can't be optional. So for instance if you call the "addButton" function and you want to set one argument that's only available in the function definition with 8 arguments, you may have something like "addButton('', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'value');" To alleviate this, all functions will now accept JS objects. So, the previous addButton example could become this: "addButton({'text': 'Stop', 'bgColor': 'red'});" A lot more parameters will be exposed that were previously not available such as colors, fonts, hotkeys, too. If you have JS code that dynamically alters how you'd like a button created, this is now trivial. All of the old functions will continue to work so this won't be a breaking change and it won't require authors to completely redo their JS. You'll be able to mix and match these formats as desired.

In addition to the "overRide" global a new "GM" global will be introduced exposing new features. This global will be available at all times to the JS code, not just at page load like "overRide". Functions under the "overRide" global mostly only have the ability to alter the page as if the XML had different elements or configuration. It was a bit more limited in what it could do after the page was loaded, such as in reaction to a button click. The "GM" global won't have these limitations and can alter the running page at any time without reloading the page.
I don't have a hard timeline in mind for this release, but I'm hoping to have most of it completed and a first release in Q4 2022 at least. As time gets closer I plan to create a new release thread as well.

As always if anyone has any feedback or suggestions feel free to post them here or DM me.

-ED
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

EroticDevelopment wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:08 am Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and provide a brief update.

Although not as quickly as I'd like, work is still progressing on GuideMe. At this point my intention is for version 5.0.0 to be the next release. With this version I plan to add a number of exciting features as well as some general maintenance updates.

Here's what's planned and in-progress:
Spoiler: show
  • Java Update: Yep, it's finally time. Java 8 was first released back in March of 2014 and "support" for it has been drug out for years. I'm planning to release the next version with Java 11, and JRE 11 will become the minimum supported version. I debated jumping straight to Java 17 but decided against it for now to support slightly older systems. JRE 11 runs on pretty much every supported OS at this point so it seems like a reasonable choice.
  • Re-Worked VLC Integration: The VLC integration has been re-worked to better support the latest versions of libVLC and should improve cross-platform compatibility. Some weird issues we've been seeing on Mac and Linux should be greatly improved by these changes. Additionally Audio/Audio2/Video synchronization is in the low single digit milliseconds. This means running e-stim Audio tracks alongside a video track will be much smoother. A small few-line XML tease file makes this an amazing player for the Cock Hero series of videos.
  • Persistent Media: Everyone has asked for it, and here it is! Audio/Audio2/Video tracks can continue to play across pages. I'm still working out all of the implementation details, but there will be an option on each Audio/Video tag to mark that item as persistent as well as global Tease settings to switch persistent media on by default (like EOS teases). New tags will be added for stopping media as well. This should mean running EOS teases offline in GuideMe gets significantly easier.
  • A New JS Interface: The current JS overRide functions have always had a limitation: JavaScript doesn't allow overloading functions, and parameters can't be optional. So for instance if you call the "addButton" function and you want to set one argument that's only available in the function definition with 8 arguments, you may have something like "addButton('', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'value');" To alleviate this, all functions will now accept JS objects. So, the previous addButton example could become this: "addButton({'text': 'Stop', 'bgColor': 'red'});" A lot more parameters will be exposed that were previously not available such as colors, fonts, hotkeys, too. If you have JS code that dynamically alters how you'd like a button created, this is now trivial. All of the old functions will continue to work so this won't be a breaking change and it won't require authors to completely redo their JS. You'll be able to mix and match these formats as desired.

In addition to the "overRide" global a new "GM" global will be introduced exposing new features. This global will be available at all times to the JS code, not just at page load like "overRide". Functions under the "overRide" global mostly only have the ability to alter the page as if the XML had different elements or configuration. It was a bit more limited in what it could do after the page was loaded, such as in reaction to a button click. The "GM" global won't have these limitations and can alter the running page at any time without reloading the page.
I don't have a hard timeline in mind for this release, but I'm hoping to have most of it completed and a first release in Q4 2022 at least. As time gets closer I plan to create a new release thread as well.

As always if anyone has any feedback or suggestions feel free to post them here or DM me.

-ED
Those are some exciting new updates! Looking forward to that!

PG
MiloSmurf
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by MiloSmurf »

Hi Philo,

Thanks for the update, there are many quality of life improvements in there for us :w00t:

Question: are you thinking about adding support for websockets at some point? I'm playing with a connected toy which I would like to integrate in a tease. It would involve sending commands over the websocket and receiving status information back from the device. I know Rhino doesn't support them, and Eos is also lacking in this department.

I'm also in contact with the firmware dev of the device, and he's probably going to add support for curl commands soon. I believe this can be reproduced in JS as well, but I don't know if Rhino will support it. Is this of any help?

Thanks in advance!
EroticDevelopment
Explorer
Explorer

Post by EroticDevelopment »

MiloSmurf wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:55 pm Question: are you thinking about adding support for websockets at some point? I'm playing with a connected toy which I would like to integrate in a tease. It would involve sending commands over the websocket and receiving status information back from the device. I know Rhino doesn't support them, and Eos is also lacking in this department.

I'm also in contact with the firmware dev of the device, and he's probably going to add support for curl commands soon. I believe this can be reproduced in JS as well, but I don't know if Rhino will support it. Is this of any help?
I have given some thought to how we could integrate connected toys more and I would like to work more in that space. It's difficult because we have sites/apps like XToys that are very focused on toy integration and I don't want to create a duplicate of something that already exists either.

As great as websockets would be for this integration, my biggest concern is that adding websockets wouldn't be supported by Rhino as you mentioned, so I'd need to add support in Java as a part of GuideMe core. If we go down this path it would likely lead to making GuideMe core quite a mess of random toy integrations that would be difficult to maintain, test, and keep bug free as other changes are made.

In addition to websockets or HTTP APIs of some kind, devices like the ET-312, 2B, Coyote, and others all have interfaces that would be great to have integrations with. If toy integration is something there's interest in I would really prefer to make these integrations plugins. Currently GuideMe doesn't have any kind of plugin support, but that wouldn't be terribly difficult to add. This would allow the toy integrations to be isolated code that could be tested separately, and also give the integrations endless possibilities since they'd be written in Java and not hacked into the JS somehow. These could add custom XML tags, new JS functions, or anything really. Most importantly it should be pretty easy to have someone else work on a plugin, and test it locally, without needing a full development environment for GuideMe. This is going to be important because I won't personally have all of the toys involved, and I may not be able to test some of these integrations without one.

There's also the topic/concern of licensing and Terms of Use... Devices like the ET-312 that have a proprietary interface and the manufacturer won't release details about it. I've written software to interface the ErosTek devices and from reverse engineering I have a very thorough understanding of their protocol. Enough so that I can edit and flash custom firmware even. So I could write an integration for those devices without issue, but would it immediately get hit with a takedown notice on GitHub if I posted it? That's what I really don't know. And I'm also aware of other manufactures making developers sign an NDA to get access to the SDK, which likely isn't going to work well if I just open-source the result of that work.

To make a long story shorter, I like the idea of integrating toys more, and I'd like to explore that path, but I fear it'll be a long road with no shortage of hurdles.

-ED
krungg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krungg »

I'm brand new to GuideMe and a little lost. I'm looking for a way to jump to a specific page within a tease, as well as a way to alter the timing of a delay on a specific page. I vaguely remember that this could be done through debug in the retired tool, but I can't figure out if it can be done here. I did find the debug option in the Application Settings, and checked it, but that didn't appear to do anything.

I was also wondering if GuideMe is an appropriate tool for editing, or if I should be using something else? Sorry for the newbie questions.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

krungg wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:35 pm I'm brand new to GuideMe and a little lost. I'm looking for a way to jump to a specific page within a tease, as well as a way to alter the timing of a delay on a specific page. I vaguely remember that this could be done through debug in the retired tool, but I can't figure out if it can be done here. I did find the debug option in the Application Settings, and checked it, but that didn't appear to do anything.

I was also wondering if GuideMe is an appropriate tool for editing, or if I should be using something else? Sorry for the newbie questions.
To jump to a specific page in the tease press Alt-D to open the debug window (see screenshot at bottom of this post).
Click the down arrow to the right of the selection field at the top, select the page you want then click go.

In addition to the debug option you found in application preferences, go to the Debug menu and make sure "Debug" is checked there also. If you do that, in the upper right corner of the GuideMe window you will see the name of the page you are on, and the name of the image being shown. That info can help you a lot. If you don't have this option on all you will see there is the name of the tease and the name of the author.
Debug settings.jpg
Debug settings.jpg (35.33 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
To change the delay on a page you have to edit the XML file in a text editor. Guidme is the display tool and can't (so far) be used for editing the tease. Exactly how you change the delay depends on if you are editing a tease you made yourself, or one you downloaded, and how you downloaded it. In your text editor try searching for "<Page" to find the different pages in the tease.

In the simplest case the page will have an XML Delay node like

Code: Select all

<Delay seconds="0" target="1" style="hidden" />
and you just edit the seconds.

If you downloaded an EOS tease using my downloader (link in my signature below), unfortunately it's a little more (okay, a lot more) complex because the downloader adds a crap ton of javascript and stuff to make GuideMe play the tease more like EOS does. In that case, you could post in the downloader thread, or start a new thread for help on that, indicating what tease you downloaded, what you want to change etc. I'd be happy to help more, just provide some details.

If you start a new thread you're welcome to DM a link in case I miss it, otherwise I've been checking in here regularly and will get notified of posts in this thread or in the downloader thread (again, link in my signature below) as time permits.

Hope that helps,

PG

Guideme's Debug shell window:

Debug shell.jpg
Debug shell.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
krungg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krungg »

Thank you! This helps a lot.
MiloSmurf
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by MiloSmurf »

EroticDevelopment wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:05 am
MiloSmurf wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:55 pm Question: are you thinking about adding support for websockets at some point? I'm playing with a connected toy which I would like to integrate in a tease. It would involve sending commands over the websocket and receiving status information back from the device. I know Rhino doesn't support them, and Eos is also lacking in this department.

I have given some thought to how we could integrate connected toys more and I would like to work more in that space. It's difficult because we have sites/apps like XToys that are very focused on toy integration and I don't want to create a duplicate of something that already exists either.

As great as websockets would be for this integration, my biggest concern is that adding websockets wouldn't be supported by Rhino as you mentioned, so I'd need to add support in Java as a part of GuideMe core. If we go down this path it would likely lead to making GuideMe core quite a mess of random toy integrations that would be difficult to maintain, test, and keep bug free as other changes are made.

In addition to websockets or HTTP APIs of some kind, devices like the ET-312, 2B, Coyote, and others all have interfaces that would be great to have integrations with. If toy integration is something there's interest in I would really prefer to make these integrations plugins. Currently GuideMe doesn't have any kind of plugin support, but that wouldn't be terribly difficult to add. This would allow the toy integrations to be isolated code that could be tested separately, and also give the integrations endless possibilities since they'd be written in Java and not hacked into the JS somehow. These could add custom XML tags, new JS functions, or anything really. Most importantly it should be pretty easy to have someone else work on a plugin, and test it locally, without needing a full development environment for GuideMe. This is going to be important because I won't personally have all of the toys involved, and I may not be able to test some of these integrations without one.

There's also the topic/concern of licensing and Terms of Use... Devices like the ET-312 that have a proprietary interface and the manufacturer won't release details about it. I've written software to interface the ErosTek devices and from reverse engineering I have a very thorough understanding of their protocol. Enough so that I can edit and flash custom firmware even. So I could write an integration for those devices without issue, but would it immediately get hit with a takedown notice on GitHub if I posted it? That's what I really don't know. And I'm also aware of other manufactures making developers sign an NDA to get access to the SDK, which likely isn't going to work well if I just open-source the result of that work.

To make a long story shorter, I like the idea of integrating toys more, and I'd like to explore that path, but I fear it'll be a long road with no shortage of hurdles.

-ED
Hi, first of all, sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

In my case I'm looking for ways to integrate the Maus-Tec edge-o-matic (https://maustec.io/pages/edge-o-matic). This device is wi-fi connected and has built in support for standard websockets, making it a relatively easy device for programmatic interaction. So to clarify: I wasn't asking for specific toy integration like xtoys provides, but only the possibility to write my own code (which requires websockets to poll the device for information and send commands) to interact with the device.

Thank you for all you do to make GuideMe what it is today, it's most appreciated!

MS
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:32 pm
To jump to a specific page in the tease press Alt-D to open the debug window (see screenshot at bottom of this post).
Click the down arrow to the right of the selection field at the top, select the page you want then click go.
PlayfulGuy, I did not know about this. Are there other hotkeys or a list of them somewhere? Very helpful. THX!
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

lawman5297 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:48 pm
PlayfulGuy, I did not know about this. Are there other hotkeys or a list of them somewhere? Very helpful. THX!
That's the only one I know of. If there are others I never knew them or have forgotten them.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:07 pm
lawman5297 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:48 pm
That's the only one I know of. If there are others I never knew them or have forgotten them.
ALT+M will toggle the Menu bar, helping to maximize screen space for the tease, too.
ImageImage