Hypnosis Audio Teases, should we ban them?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)
Dom/me(s): Anyone interested?
Sub/Slave(s): None right now.

Hypnosis Audio Teases, should we ban them?

Post by Tury »

Look, I'm not Kyle's mom or anything. I'm not gonna demand blood for a mere infraction here. In fact, I could take or leave the whole situation; I just figured I'd bring up what I considered MIGHT be a problem.

It is my understanding that, as a free site, most of the community shuns Teases or Posts that lead to pay sites or are trying to use this site for free advertising. To that end I am not sure why we continue to allow "hypnosis teases" that are little more than advertisements for erotic hypnosis sites, and often include "triggers" to want more of the Talents voice. Thus taking them to a site where they need to pay for more.

If they were exclusive to this site, or free wherever you could find them I could see no problems. Anyone have any thoughts or feelings on this?
If you have no reason to live, find a reason to keep living.

-Me
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Re: Hypnosis Audio Teases, should we ban them?

Post by Nezhul »

If it's a tease, it can stay. Those teases you talk about feature free sessions with good feamle voiced recording. Now, if it's not your thing - it's your problem. If you don't want to buy other recordings - completely your problem. But I don't see nothing bad about there being such teases. They are more than just a link to the shop, then they stay.

And on a side note I will say that starting this topics in a forum of this site is BLOODY STUPID thing to do, because this site is not actually free and will ban something even if there is a HINT of a POSSIBILITY of that someone void MAY find it MAYBE bad to post something. You are a hypocrite to post "Should we ban something?" too, because it's not your bloody business what others do and enjoy!
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tury »

Wow, just wow. I go out of my way to point out that I don't really care, just that I thought it might be a problem, and you fucking crucify me?

I don't care what gets other people off, I've even enjoyed some hypno-sessions in the past. Not ONCE did I say that there was anything wrong with these teases in and of themselves. Yet, somehow, I'm a member of the Spanish inquisition in your eyes.

What else can I say but "Fuck you TOO!"

-Me
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

Tury wrote: It is my understanding that, as a free site, most of the community shuns Teases or Posts that lead to pay sites or are trying to use this site for free advertising.
perhaps you have not noticed the banner adds???
that are present every time you look at webteases
right now we (milovana) are running banners for the pay sites for:
Dreamloverlabs and Stockroom

also the actual rules for tease postings are here:
http://www.milovana.com/pages/tos.php

now there are some teases I personally do not approve of
and have even tried to eliminate some of them
but the best answer is: if you hate a tease..
just vote 1... on it.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

Tury, calm down. Nez tends to come across a bit harsher than he intends, nothing bad intended there I'm sure.

Your suggestion/question IS way out of line and deserved a clear response though.

Mods/admins will and do remove inappropriate teases that violates site rules. Rest assured. It has happened before and will happen again.

Hypnotic audio teases are not automatically an example of that though - and nothing says a tease can't to any extent advertise - as long as it does in fact bring something to the table on its own accord.

Technically, you could claim any tease being an advertisement for the model(s) depicted. Obviously that has to be allowed.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
bhlombardy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bhlombardy »

I think it was Tury's intent to just raise awareness -- not to burn those teases nor posters at the stake... but I do see the point.

Banner ads that SexualChoc mentions that are solicited by Milovana are one thing, yes they pay for the site and that's great.

But the teases in question, themselves (unless they are paying for that space) are not. The posters have otherwise inserted ads that the promoter didn't pay for.

It would be like me posting this comment - which may have some merit in and of itself (despite if you agree or disagree) - but then add a footnote or a signature which is an ad "visit my website and pay me for access to it". While the comment itself might not be spam, the signature/footnote certainly is. It becomes a grey area... what do you allow, and what do you not?

One of the major things I love about this site is that I don't normally have to self filter the content to determine if it's annoying spam, or actually decent legit content. Like other sites that bombard you with popups, false links, etc. So yes, in that regard these teases are a minor nuisance in comparison. But I am noticing a slight increase in these types of self-promoting posts that are more spam than valuable content.

The current case in point would be the most recent "webtease" by SensualMistress. Over the past month the same poster has posted 4 teases... ALL of which direct the reader to their site, which asks for money. That is spam, pure and simple. As moderators, you can leave them there if you like, but it does frustrate the users who come here for the true content.

I don't think it was Tury's intent to tell the moderators and curators of this site how to run it, who to ban, and who to allow. Nor is it mine with this post. I think he/she is just raising awareness that these teases are some times little more than spam in disguise.
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tury »

Thank you, Bhlombardy, I could not (and apparently DID not) say it better myself.

-Me
tags68
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by tags68 »

Tury wrote: Yet, somehow, I'm a member of the Spanish inquisition
Well I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tury »

Aaaaaaaand I can't help myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

-Me
CruelNatalie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): I am the owner of many.

Post by CruelNatalie »

I think that if someone does drive by spam its wrong. I think there is a right way and a wrong way to promote yourself. If a woman post teases and puts her url at the end what is wrong with that? You don't have to click it and you don't have to buy. She posted a free tease and you make the choice if you are interested in her services or not. Now if someone was pushy about it and didn't contribute it would piss me off. If this site has a shit load of ads flashing and popping up I probably would not come. It's all about balance.

A lot of sites like this discourage professionals which is sad because they offer the best content and have the most experience. Personally I'd love to see more teases from women but that's just my point of view. I thought about putting some up and have great pics, real scenes but I would damn sure put my url at the end. At the same time I don't want to be looked upon as just spamming a site.

I might be opening up a whole can of worms here but I think its important we support each other even if we don't agree.
Visit my Blog for Teases, Assignments, Audios and Videos. Specializing in Cock Control, Orgasm Denial and Emasculation
Click Here!
CruelNatalie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): I am the owner of many.

Post by CruelNatalie »

and btw I would pay for my links in teases if it helped the site.
Visit my Blog for Teases, Assignments, Audios and Videos. Specializing in Cock Control, Orgasm Denial and Emasculation
Click Here!
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tury »

Ms. Natalie, I agree. If you took personal offense at my post I apologize. A poster above me said it better than I that I was simply asking after what I thought was a mistake, or violation, or what-have-you. I think, at it's core, I chose the wrong title for the post. I guess "Is this allowed" or "should this be here" is better than "Should we ban them".

I am not familiar with most of the regular posters, nor are any of my posts "highly regarded" lets say. In all honesty, I opened the can of worms.

Once, I posted a link to another site and a few other posters (I won't say who) came down on me. From that and a few other things I've glimpsed I made the assumption that using the teases section to plug your own sites (or what have you) was "frowned upon".

What confounds me (and this is NOT an attack, I repeat NOT insulting anyone) is that even after opening with clarifications to this post being my merely passing thoughts on the subject and a question to the community at large, a number of posters assumed that I wished to be rid of these types of teases entirely.

Okay, soapbox over.

Lastly, and this is the "my hand to Milovana" truth. From these little hypnosis snip-it teases, I found a Hypno-domme whose complete works I would purchase if I had any money to spend on myself. If that adds to the irony of the situation. Or whatever it is.

-Me
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I go out of my way to point out that I don't really care, just that I thought it might be a problem, and you fucking crucify me?
yup. You know, normal people don't create such topics if they don't care. So you either do care or you are attention-wanting jerk. Or just a jerk. Seriously, if you don't care, why start a debate that may end up in removing a tease or two? You know, last time such topic was created by a person who didn't really care - all anime teases got forcefully taken down. So yea, I fucking crucify you just for that, having a problem there? Well, then don't create stupid topics you don't care about then! :-P

And Chock, I do appreciate a calming note, but the man is a hypocrite, and a I do mean wrong against people like that.
In fact, the "I don't care" attitude does piss me off even more. I can understand if a man was acting against something he strongly dislikes - that's normal. But he claims he likes hypnosis, but acts against those teases, so it makes sense that he's either an idiot or does in fact lie about his motivation.
Last edited by Nezhul on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tury »

Just as I was coming down from my anger.

-Me
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Tury wrote:Just as I was coming down from my anger.
explode somewhere safe, please.