I think we are in need of a new mod!

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: I think we are in need of a new mod!

Post by UnknownDepts »

Snare wrote:
We are here to help, I appeal to you to let us.

Signed with a
Snare
Points towards banqou he is one who isnt letting it happen
DellaRoss
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by DellaRoss »

UnknownDepts wrote:
Snare wrote:

Signed with a
Snare

I am curious how anything Banquo said has anything to do with not helping the mods do their jobs? He and Snare are basically saying the same thing: if you need a mod, find one.
"To anyone who has stood at someones side and looked into the abyss and found both charm, attraction and love, for we are not made up only of our light and happiness but also our darkness and sorrow. To deny the darkness of yourself is to deny half of who you are, and when you love, truly love, you need to love the whole person not just the part that smiles and waves, but the part that thinks murderous thoughts and knows that pain is both pleasure and temptation, but still thinks puppies are really cute" -LKH

"I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.- Poison Ivy

"I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos"- Jared and the Long Road to Love

"You do what we want, or I will peel your mind away like the layers of an onion. You DO believe I can do that, don't you?"- Nikolaos
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UnknownDepts »

Point of a new mod is about not having to find one thats the whole problem there should be one right infront of us not some1 where esle.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

UnknownDepts wrote:
Snare wrote:

Signed with a
Snare
You really are an idiot aren't you. How am I in any way stopping Mods from helping people?

I'm pointing out to you that you are a grown adult and that you don't need a mod by your side at all times while in chat. The Mods are not there to hold you hand, they are there to render assistance when needed. And are likely only a couple of clicks away should you find yourself in need of them.

I will also point out that this is a completely free website and as such you are not in any way guaranteed a mod to be around when you are. And on that same track you cannot expect there always to be a mod in the room you are in.

UnknownDepts wrote:Point of a new mod is about not having to find one thats the whole problem there should be one right infront of us not some1 where esle.

No, there shouldn't. You are not entitled in any way to having a mod at your beck and call. They are volunteers and are not here to serve you. They are just ordinary users who have the abilities to deal with problems if they experience them. They are here to enjoy the site just as much as anyone else, you clearly have no concept or respect of that.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
DoxysTurtle
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by DoxysTurtle »

UnknownDepts wrote:...as for the chat being offline if only seraph can fix it, it can take a while.
Makes me wonder why not more people can fix it, mostly for when seraph is sick who will do it then or when he is on holiday who will do it then?
In response to this, there's a few points that should be pointed out.
  • There's a minimum of 3 people who can reboot chat, if that's the sole issue if/when it goes down (which is usually the case). Given that it involves accessing the server via command line, it's probably best it doesn't grow much more than this, imho as there's security and other concerns that then appear.
  • In this particular instance there was a lot of other issues with the server that needed straightened out. Aside from Dark, who's not around as much as he once was, there's not really any others on the Milovana Team (to my knowledge) who know a lot about server maintenance, fixing corrupt databases, etc... Which is a requirement of being able to fix it
  • It is first and foremost Seraph0x's site, subsequently he's welcome to share the power to edit servers, etc with whom he sees fit and trusts, and wants to accept help from. I personally am just grateful for the site existing and being as amazing as it is.
  • As is the case with many free sites, it comes down to if people have offered... Were it a paysite, not having the capability for someone sick or busy or on vacation, you'd be 100% right on, but it's a free site and service.
As for the discussion of mods, I have no want to weigh in on this argument and so shall refrain.
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UnknownDepts »

Banquo stop this stupid trolling allready cause you clearly have no idea how the worlds goes around and how people are. If you knew you would say those things.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

UnknownDepts wrote:Banquo stop this stupid trolling allready cause you clearly have no idea how the worlds goes around and how people are. If you knew you would say those things.

Why don't you explain it all to me then oh wise one....

Because the way I see it, first you complain at the lack of a Mod during the European morning. The admin of the site/ chat decide to appoint one. It isn't you. All of a sudden, simply appointing a new mod isn't good enough any more, you want the mods to be obliged to sit in (mainly) empty rooms and hold your hand in case some big bad trouble makers come in. Myself and one of the mods politely explain to you that the mods are there to help you, but not to be at your beck and call. You don't like this, you say I am wrong.

Wrong about what? you still haven't explained.

So tell us oh Oracle, how exactly should the chat mods be organised.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Dream_On
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Dream_On »

Even if we had a mod for every time zone that does not mean someone will always be available to handle problems. People do have lives outside of Milo.

How hard is it to pop into the lounge and bring up that someone is causing a problem? You act as though you have to call into a support hotline, spend an hour on hold dealing with recorded messages before you have a slight chance of someone picking up the phone and attempting to help with your issue. It takes all of 30 seconds to change rooms and say something, just saying.

And for fucks sake Banquo stop interfering with our ability to do our jobs as moderators! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Dream_On wrote: And for fucks sake Banquo stop interfering with our ability to do our jobs as moderators! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
Spoiler: show

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
princesscutie
Chat Moderator
I am a: Submissive

Post by princesscutie »

Snoopy76 wrote:Nice to see we have a UK mod now - :wave: @ Cutie.
:wave:
Not looking for a sub/slave. Please dont ask.

I am not a human who likes to imitate a Kitten, I am a kitten who sadly has to imitate a human sometimes.

"It is fascinated by moving objects, and chases them. It is known to chase its own tail and become dizzy from it. Although it can be difficult to earn its trust, it is very popular due to its adorable looks and behavior."