I think we are in need of a new mod!

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Re: I think we are in need of a new mod!

Post by les »

I believe that a chatmods powers are limited to one room only

                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Banquo »

les wrote:

That used to be the case with flashchat, for example SC being the games room mod and Snare being the catacombs, but with the new system I think the mod superpowers are across the board.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
DellaRoss
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by DellaRoss »

Banquo wrote:
les wrote:

That used to be the case with flashchat, for example SC being the games room mod and Snare being the catacombs, but with the new system I think the mod superpowers are across the board.

Banquo is correct, sc and Snare are both able use their mod powers in all of chat.
"To anyone who has stood at someones side and looked into the abyss and found both charm, attraction and love, for we are not made up only of our light and happiness but also our darkness and sorrow. To deny the darkness of yourself is to deny half of who you are, and when you love, truly love, you need to love the whole person not just the part that smiles and waves, but the part that thinks murderous thoughts and knows that pain is both pleasure and temptation, but still thinks puppies are really cute" -LKH

"I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.- Poison Ivy

"I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos"- Jared and the Long Road to Love

"You do what we want, or I will peel your mind away like the layers of an onion. You DO believe I can do that, don't you?"- Nikolaos
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by UnknownDepts »

Banquo wrote:
UnknownDepts wrote: i dont use the lounge much at all, not everyone use that room for just chitchat like mostly happens there
Well that's the point, most people do use the lounge. But you can't expect people to suddenly change their habits and hang around in empty rooms in case someone comes in and causes trouble.
you cant expect not having mods in the other rooms cause it isnt that busy as the lounge, things still happen
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

UnknownDepts wrote:
Banquo wrote:
UnknownDepts wrote: i dont use the lounge much at all, not everyone use that room for just chitchat like mostly happens there
Well that's the point, most people do use the lounge. But you can't expect people to suddenly change their habits and hang around in empty rooms in case someone comes in and causes trouble.
you cant expect not having mods in the other rooms cause it isnt that busy as the lounge, things still happen
So you expect volunteer mods to spend time in rooms they don't normally go in on the off chance something happens?
Like I said there really is nothing stopping you popping into the lounge to find a mod when something is awry.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
princesscutie
Chat Moderator
I am a: Submissive

Post by princesscutie »

Banquo wrote:Like I said there really is nothing stopping you popping into the lounge to find a mod when something is awry.
Just ask me in the main chat if you need me, then I would be more than happy to go into another room to help out.
Not looking for a sub/slave. Please dont ask.

I am not a human who likes to imitate a Kitten, I am a kitten who sadly has to imitate a human sometimes.

"It is fascinated by moving objects, and chases them. It is known to chase its own tail and become dizzy from it. Although it can be difficult to earn its trust, it is very popular due to its adorable looks and behavior."
Snare
Chat Moderator

Post by Snare »

Princesscutie, Sexualchoc, Dream_on and myself or anyone with a gold star next to their name, would be more than happy to help you in the other rooms. It is hard as the other rooms do get slow and the people we normally talk to are always in the lounge.

Signed with a
Snare
Everything happens for a reason. ~unknown~
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UnknownDepts »

So you expect volunteer mods to spend time in rooms they don't normally go in on the off chance something happens?
Like I said there really is nothing stopping you popping into the lounge to find a mod when something is awry.
[/quote]

i dont share your opinion on that, as they are mods for a reason afterall
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

UnknownDepts wrote: i dont share your opinion on that, as they are mods for a reason afterall

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Snoopy76
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Snoopy76 »

UnknownDepts wrote:So you expect volunteer mods to spend time in rooms they don't normally go in on the off chance something happens?

i dont share your opinion on that, as they are mods for a reason afterall[/quote]

Really think you are missing Banquo's point here, mods are voluntary and give up their time to help out when there are issues. They are easily identified in chat by the stars but aren't able to always watch every single interaction so if there is an issue it is our responsibility to call upon them.

Nice to see we have a UK mod now - :wave: @ Cutie.

Snoopy x
“It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure.” Marquis de Sade
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UnknownDepts »

Snoopy76 wrote: Really think you are missing Banquo's point here, mods are voluntary and give up their time to help out when there are issues. They are easily identified in chat by the stars but aren't able to always watch every single interaction so if there is an issue it is our responsibility to call upon them.

Nice to see we have a UK mod now - :wave: @ Cutie.

Snoopy x
In my opinion everyone is focussed on 1 room and thats the lounge and that isnt the only room we got more rooms and they deserve attention too!
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

UnknownDepts wrote: In my opinion everyone is focussed on 1 room and thats the lounge and that isnt the only room we got more rooms and they deserve attention too!
That's all well and good, but people shouldn't have to hang out in rooms they don't want to be in, especially when it is so easy for people to pop into the lounge and ask for a mods assistance if needed. We're all adults here and I am sure we can have our fun without the need for constant supervision.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UnknownDepts »

And there your wrong, we are all adults but rules are there to be broken by people always. I keep at my opinion how often you want to show the world off how important the lounge is in compared to other rooms.
Keep your denial going in your mind.
Snare
Chat Moderator

Post by Snare »

For the sake of this site, chat, and my own sanity, I am going to speak. UnknownDepts, I understand your frustration in how we do things. I also understand you stay in two rooms at the same time, almost all the time. So you know how hard it is to to pay attention to both rooms.

When we, with the exception of princesscutie, became moderators, we were each assigned a room. SexualChoc was the Games room moderator, I was the Catacombs moderator, and when Mistress Jenifer became our chat admin, she gave the power of the lounge to Dream_on. We did not have the luxury of sitting in all the rooms at once. If there was an issue we had to hope there was an admin or get the moderator for that room. We were always in the Lounge because that was both the main room and the default.

Now things have changed! A moderator, like myself can sit in all 3 rooms and have the power to do what needed to be done, but with the default being the Lounge still, it is easy to forget that other rooms exist. My own room Catacombs rarely ever has someone inside of it!

Now, if it is easy for me to sit in all 3 rooms, and am busy with something in a PM, my focus is on the PM not any of the other rooms. Anything can happen at any moment and I wouldn't know unless someone bugged me or I would handle the situation when I finished being busy in PM. It is quite easy to get wrapped up in anything and not be paying attention at all.

We are only human. We can't see the people that are "pming" without permission, we need your help to find out who to target. We can't always see what scammers are doing because most of them now do it in PM or offsite. We NEED the input from the users to be able to do our jobs at the maximum. So when you say we should be in all rooms at all times it won't mean anything if the users are not willing to cooperate with us.

We are here to help, I appeal to you to let us.

Signed with a
Snare
Everything happens for a reason. ~unknown~
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

UnknownDepts wrote:And there your wrong
How am I wrong? I'm simply saying that it's not hard for you to pop into the lounge (where the VAST majority of people, and mods, spend their time) and ask for help if some evil doer is causing trouble in the catacombs/ games room.

What exactly is your problem in doing this?

UnknownDepts wrote: I keep at my opinion how often you want to show the world off how important the lounge is in compared to other rooms.
Keep your denial going in your mind.

What denial? Are you trying to say that more people use the other rooms than the lounge? Or are you trying to say Mods don't mind spending time in empty rooms waiting for trouble to happen? I have no vested interest in "showing the world off how important the lounge is." It's very rare that I go in there myself. But I do know that most of the mods spend the majority of their time in there. It's really no hardship for you to go into the lounge and ask for their help when you need it. If you are unwilling to do this, then that is your problem, not that of the volunteer mods.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions