What is a good rating to you?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
jausklaus
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

What is a good rating to you?

Post by jausklaus »

What do you consider as a good rating for a tease?

I personally feel that my own tease has failed if it gets score below 4, although it's almost inevitable due their bit extremish nature.

On other people's teases I don't usually look teases below rating 3.5, unless I am looking for a specific niche which has few teases.

What about you people?
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: What is a good rating to you?

Post by SexualChoc »

Never judge a book by it's cover

Or a tease by it's rating...

not all kinks are rated equally
remember stars and rating are by a large group of people

still it is rare for a tease to get below a 2.0 rating unless most everyone thinks it's terrible

but what YOU like... others might not!

if you writing I always recommend write what you want..
not what will score well otherwise yo might miss putting in that special... something that makes it yours!!!
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
ChocTranslater
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ChocTranslater »

SexualChoc wrote:Never judge a book by it's cover

Or a tease by it's rating...

not all kinks are rated equally
remember stars and rating are by a large group of people

still it is rare for a tease to get below a 2.0 rating unless most everyone thinks it's terrible

but what YOU like... others might not!

if you writing I always recommend write what you want..
not what will score well otherwise yo might miss putting in that special... something that makes it yours!!!
There's a saying "Never judge a book by it's cover." This also applies to a webtease, "Never judge a tease bu it's rating."

Not everyone rates all kinks the same as you would. So when a large amount of people are rating teases, it is easy for something you may like to get a low rating. However, usually teases that are below a 2.0 are regarded as trash by everyone.

Remember, it is about what you like, not about what other people like!

-Proceeds to go off-topic-

If you are writing, I recommend, writing about what you enjoy. If you try to write for a high rating, you might miss putting that something special that makes it yours.

(I of course only say this because I have been unable to write a tease that has scored above a 4 since 2011. I attribute this to the fact that I think writing everything like a poem is a good idea.)
Yes, I fucked up spelling my name. I was drunk. Deal with it.
davefrancis89
Explorer
Explorer
Dom/me(s): Non
Sub/Slave(s): I have a wonderful, interesting, funny, and filthy online pet - who is not on Milovana so I will not talk about her here.

Post by davefrancis89 »

It also depends on when the tease was written - some of the older teases have some odly low ratings but some are great.

I like the random tease feature because it doesnt show the rating and lets you choose without prejudice.

I also definitely think that it depends on preferences of style and kink - though if you find yourself agreeing with alot of the ratings then I guess you can trust them
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

for me it's 4+. I don't actually aim for ratings when writing something though.
The thing with ratings is, that the more mainstream tease you do - the better the rating. The more less popualr fetishes you include, the more your rating drops.

Personally I don't even rate teases that are not sueted for me (like teases with pain or feminization). But that's not the case for other people. It seems to me, that there are some people who look through every tease, and if it contains fetished they don't like - they rate it low.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
youaswell
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by youaswell »

I lost tease of the month by like one vote, but it doesn't matter anyway because the tease got taken down.

I got really upset whenever my teases stayed around 3.5 or so. I would freak out.
Y-You as well.

Check my profile for my teases. I used to have a lot but then mods took them down for containing fictional cartoon characters.
Tobias23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Tobias23 »

Anything above a 3.0 is a good rating imho.

Sometimes I look at teases below a 3, but they all deserved it. Mostly because the writing is soo bad and it doesn't make sense at all.

On the other hand I've looked at teases above 4, and I didn't like them at all, e.g. when you read my nightmares become reality diary, those teases were highly rated, but they deserved a 3 at best imho. Sometimes I wonder if there is some cheating going on.

As for how I rate teases:
1 = please delete this crap
2 = nice idea, but put more effort into writing/spelling/grammar/pictures
3 = good tease enjoyed reading it but had some flaws
4 = great tease, loved it!
5 = outstanding tease, loved the writing, pictures AND it hit my buttons, I'll remember them for a long time

hope that helps,

cya
tobi
anonymous1403
Explorer
Explorer

Post by anonymous1403 »

Tobias23 wrote: As for how I rate teases:
5 = outstanding tease, loved the writing, pictures AND it hit my buttons, I'll remember them for a long time
This, bad grammar and spelling will earn you a 1 or a 2 at best from me. I don't expect perfection and I understand some of the authors my not speak English as a first language. However I've seen many teases that I think a third grader could have wrote better.

I wish I could recall some examples.. I would definitely call some out.
I've offered to proof-read for people before even. (completely free of charge)

There is no excuse for that crap and the authors should be ashamed for uploading it. A brilliant tease can easily be ruined by poor English, and its very disappointing when it happens.
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

jausklaus wrote:What do you consider as a good rating for a tease?
I don't look at any rating for a tease really, because the numbers are usually influenced by factors that have nothing to do with the quality of the tease itself. (Voting based on the fetish, voting based on the model, voting based on being jelly)

Personally I like getting feedback more than what my ratings turn out to be, even if it's just simple stuff like "Good job!" or "Booooo-urns!"
Tobias23 wrote:On the other hand I've looked at teases above 4, and I didn't like them at all, e.g. when you read my nightmares become reality diary, those teases were highly rated, but they deserved a 3 at best imho. Sometimes I wonder if there is some cheating going on.
It's one thing to say you don't like a tease, but I think it's a far stretch to say that Nightmares was rated high due to cheating. Ruinedoh was one of the best authors on this site.
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Post by elvisomar »

Tobias23 wrote: As for how I rate teases:
This is also how I rate teases. In addition, like someone else said, I do not rate a tease at all if the thing I did not like is because it is focused heavily on a kink that I do not share.
anonymous1403 wrote:This, bad grammar and spelling will earn you a 1 or a 2 at best from me. I don't expect perfection and I understand some of the authors my not speak English as a first language. However I've seen many teases that I think a third grader could have wrote better.

I wish I could recall some examples.. I would definitely call some out.
I've offered to proof-read for people before even. (completely free of charge)

There is no excuse for that crap and the authors should be ashamed for uploading it. A brilliant tease can easily be ruined by poor English, and its very disappointing when it happens.
While I do agree some teases could improve grammar and spelling—and I encourage all authors to try—I'm not sure I would ask anonymous1403 to proofread anything I wrote. I count eight errors in grammar in his very short post. Just sayin'.