Calling all coders

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
nilcum
King of Hardware
King of Hardware
I am a: Switch

Calling all coders

Post by nilcum »

If you signed up for the project to help out on the programming side of things -- and still with do help with development -- please post a reply here and add your name to the list. I am really wanting to push this side of the development over the next month or two. We need active C++ developers.

Thank you.
ts
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Calling all coders

Post by ts »

nilcum wrote:If you signed up for the project to help out on the programming side of things -- and still with do help with development -- please post a reply here and add your name to the list. I am really wanting to push this side of the development over the next month or two. We need active C++ developers.

Thank you.
I would like to help with the programming - I have check-out'ed the source-code from subversion and it seems to be a good/simple starting point...

As I see it there are two big parts in the programming -

1. The web-frontend with a setup section where the user defines which devices are connected where, and the device/flash interface where the commands from the tease are processed.

2. The backend, where the communication with the actual hardware happends.

- the first part just require a description about each hardware piece (ie. which parameters can the user configure and which parameters can the flash-tease change), so that should be easy to do without any hardware.
But the actual communication with the hardware has to be done (or at least tested) with the hardware...

I think, I can make a lot of the first part... (I have programmed C++/Win16 for 10 years, so I have a bit experience...)

ts
nilcum
King of Hardware
King of Hardware
I am a: Switch

Re: Calling all coders

Post by nilcum »

ts, that's great! I've just committed some serial enumeration code and an updated HTML/CSS file. I haven't looked at it in a few weeks but I think it should compile. Pulls a device description over WMI. Its hot.

As I have the hardware, I can focus on the back end if you want to focus on the front end. If you want to receive a request and pass it down to something with a prototye of ProcessRequest(DWORD deviceid, DWORD level, DWORD pulse); I will handle the implementation of that function.