Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

quorr777 wrote:I'm only thinking about the end result....the tease.

Bigger pictures provide more impact. If the text ran along the base of the frame there would be more room.
It is just a suggestion and I appreciate there may be technical reasons why it is not possible.
Ok, I understand what you mean now. This falls under a big new function that I'm planning for Nyx. Right now Nyx' layout engine is really, really simple. It basically divides up the screen with a fixed percentage and hopes everything will somehow magically fit. This is obviously not very intelligent. Unfortunately flexible layout is a pretty complex feature, so at the moment I'm not even sure when and how I'll start working on it. So for now, sorry, that's as big as the picture is going to get.
Evals wrote:Maybe if one were to hover their mouse over the picture, it could fill up usable screen until they move it off.
Hmm, this is a cool feature for the editor! Thanks for the idea!
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

Great news for the future.

Another thing I am trying to do is to play one sound file throughout.
So far I have only been able to play sound files for just one picture.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

For the delays, it'd open up so many possibilities if you added in milliseconds as an option. Either that, or allow the use of decimals for seconds which currently isn't working. ^_^
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

It worked for me....

I asked for 0.1 and 0.7 second delays to provide subliminal flashing images!
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

I don't know about you, but when I test a 0.1 and 0.7 second delay, they both appear as a 0 second delay both visually and in the console window...
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

Wierd

I was using Firefox
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Yes, 0.x second delays currently will become 0 second delays in the viewer. But, since the viewer isn't infinitely fast, the page will still be visible for a split second. Not sure if you guys will agree, but just like it worked for quorr, I tend to think that it's not even really necessary to implement those millisecond delays. They won't be exact anyway, because displaying a new page takes anywhere from 0.1 to 0.5 seconds depending on the users computer and that will always come on top of the delay. So if you want to have this flashing kind of effect, just use a 0 delay. :-)
kneeforu
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by kneeforu »

I have played with the NYX and as it stands now it's very easy and straight forward to use via the visual editor.

Having read the other previous forum posts, I have tried to incorporate a few other scripts but they haven't worked.

Specifically I have tried to make random page selections. Can someone post the script on how to have a random page selection.

Also, I have tried to play an mp3. Script for that?

Maybe I am ahead of myself re. this as I read there will be a help section soon!

Awesome job so far!!!!!
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

The way to play mp3 files is on page three....
Specifically the script is:

hidden:sound('bla.mp3')

I have not found a way to play one mp3 throughout the tease yet.....typically this is what is more use during a tease.
kneeforu
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kneeforu »

I got the sound code to work, but still trying to figure out syntax for random and range.

Any news or sample code to get random jump to pages?

This is a great tool and I know there has been a ton of work! Great job!
stick-dick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stick-dick »

:whistle: So when will we see the first Nyx-based tease released for public view? :whistle:
kneeforu
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kneeforu »

Another issue.

I have used the visual editor and it works great. However, if I add script by hand in the script section, then save, then use the visual editor, I loose my hand written script.

Thoughts?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

stick-dick wrote::whistle: So when will we see the first Nyx-based tease released for public view? :whistle:
Well, I don't know, but I suspect it will be soon because I just... unlocked Nyx publishing!

This will probably end in complete chaos and lot of bugs, but at this point I think chaos is still better than any more waiting. I'll be on vacation over the holidays and I won't have a computer that runs Flex, so I had to release it now or wait till next year, so I hope it's working well enough.

Please report any problems to the Technical Support forum, or if you feel it's a minor issue, report it right here.

Oh and...

CURRENTLY YOU CANNOT UN-PUBLISH, SO BE VERY SURE YOU WANT TO RELEASE THAT TEASE, IF YOU WISH TO REMOVE A TEASE THAT HAS BEEN PUBLISHED, YOUR ONLY WAY IS TO DELETE IT!!

Also: If you have published a tease, don't press publish on the same tease again. I have no idea what would happen in that case, but I'm guessing something bad. :lol:

Reading those shortfalls, you'll probably understand why I only announced it here instead of the announcement forum - there will be enough problems even if just a few people release their stuff. :-D

So have fun teasing and being teased - I'll check back tomorrow and I hope to find many gruesome bugreports to fix! Ok, "hope" is maybe a bit much, but well - if you've got something please, please report! :smile:

And another one: You still can't select a thumbnail, it'll simply use the first image by name alphabatically - this will be fixed in a later release.

Still so much work to be done on that editor... :-|
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

kneeforu wrote:Another issue.

I have used the visual editor and it works great. However, if I add script by hand in the script section, then save, then use the visual editor, I loose my hand written script.

Thoughts?
Try after you save your hand-written script to always restart Nyx (reload the page) before switching back to the visual editor. That will force the visual editor to reload the script and then it shouldn't forget your manual changes. This will of course no longer be necessary once we fix this bug. :whistle:
kneeforu
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kneeforu »

Thanks! I will try that