Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Loooong load time

Post by seraph0x »

camel wrote:Since there wasn't a random function to my knowledge (other than the pics), I used a spreadsheet to generate sixty slides at random (so the pattern wasn't recognizable), each using pic() with an empty argument.
There is a random function used for random delays and such, called random().

There is also a function that can be used to go to a random page, it's called range().

Both will be documented in the FlashTease help system that we are working on.
camel wrote:It takes an incredible amount of time to load the web tease. Is there a way to load what you need and then get the rest in the background, or maybe a progress bar?
The FlashTease system will create an execution tree and preload only those resources it might need on the next page. If it's taking long to load then either there is something wrong or it is trying to cache a lot of pages all at once. If you want me to take a look, let me know the ID of the tease in question.
quorr777 wrote:Getting the hang of it slowly but I can't make my mp3 file play...any hints?
To play sounds, you need to use the sound() command. Put it in the "hidden" parameter of the page() command, like so:

Code: Select all

start#page(
'text',
pic(),
yn(page2#, page5#),
hidden:sound('bla.mp3')
);
Hope that helps.

Regarding our status: There's been other stuff coming up, so unfortunately it'll be a while until we can finish up Nyx for release, but please continue to pile up any remaining questions and feedback here in the forums and we'll work them off once we have the chance. Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:
camel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by camel »

The ID is 1115.

Any estimates on when the help system will be previewed, or if you can make a quick page on the site containing a table of functions in the mean time?

(Just being impatient.)
Xenophobe
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Xenophobe »

I finally checked out Nyx was surprised how nice the interface looks and how easy it is to use. I was poking around but I could figure out if variables or if-statements have been implemented. Have they?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sorry for not checking in. Besides running my company I'm also studying and there are some major exams coming up.

I've done some work on Nyx, publishing functionality will be added very soon. I'd say early November the system will be ready for the first teases created in Nyx to go live. :smile:

@Xenophobe: Variables and conditions are not implemented as of yet. Sorry. You can get similar functionality through the PCM2 compatibility commands though. Check the help system once it is released. "Real" variables and conditions are the next major step on our roadmap, but to be honest it'll be a lot of work to get there, so don't hold your breath.
alpahde5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alpahde5 »

how long till we get to publish the teases? :-)
webtease requests? msg me here first then add me to msn, [email protected] (e-mail doesn't work so don't e-mail that address)

what is written below is true
--------------------------------
what is written above is a lie
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Early November is still my target. It would be great to finish it sooner, but there's still quite a lot to work out, mostly in terms of security. We have to be absolutely sure that our user's information is protected. But hey, the more time you guys have, the better those first teases will be, right? :-P
Makarov
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Makarov »

"But hey, the more time you guys have, the better those first teases will be, right?"

No Seraph0x, and it looks like it's up to me to prove you wrong! *runs off to make hundreds of crappy teases*
Jumaane
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jumaane »

The Nyx-Editor is ab-so-lute-ly brilliant. :w00t:

I have been feeling as if I was the last PCM2-script writer. I have published a few scripts, albeit under different names. Now, in order to convert them, and one unpublished script, I'd really like to have a small command reference. Reading the posts here, I couldn't find any postings that elaborate a bit about the usage of commands such as range() and random ().

Therefore, I sadly, didn't get to work the range command in nyx using this statement:

3#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Seite 3</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("*.jpg"),
range (4#, 5#)
);
Also, PCM2 used to have SET, UNSET and MUST which, in the absence of variables, are extremely useful statements for the control flow. nyx doesn't seem to follow the same structure of "set options" as pages can be addressed multiple times without unsetting them first. Which leads to the question: What exactly are the PCM2 compatibility commands?

I don't mean to be pushy. I know that you guys have a lot on your plate. But still: Could one of you help me by providing me with a short command reference to help fiddling around with the script view?[/code]

Also, I'd like to report a small bug: It seems that after editing a script in script view and then saving it, the editor seems to run an older version of the same script instead of the new one. When changing back and forth to visual the old code reappears and the new code is lost.
Salerio
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Salerio »

I just wanted to point out how many people are using Nyx to fool around. Just look at the numbers between the published teases. Over a hundred unpublished teases created between two recents published ones.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Jumaane wrote:The Nyx-Editor is ab-so-lute-ly brilliant. :w00t:

I have been feeling as if I was the last PCM2-script writer. I have published a few scripts, albeit under different names. Now, in order to convert them, and one unpublished script, I'd really like to have a small command reference. Reading the posts here, I couldn't find any postings that elaborate a bit about the usage of commands such as range() and random ().

Therefore, I sadly, didn't get to work the range command in nyx using this statement:

3#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Seite 3</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("*.jpg"),
range (4#, 5#)
);
Almost right. With the range command you need to leave out the "#" at the moment. "range(4,5)" should work.
Jumaane wrote:Also, PCM2 used to have SET, UNSET and MUST which, in the absence of variables, are extremely useful statements for the control flow. nyx doesn't seem to follow the same structure of "set options" as pages can be addressed multiple times without unsetting them first. Which leads to the question: What exactly are the PCM2 compatibility commands?
PCM2 only supports navigating using range(). range() will respect set options.
Jumaane wrote:Also, I'd like to report a small bug: It seems that after editing a script in script view and then saving it, the editor seems to run an older version of the same script instead of the new one. When changing back and forth to visual the old code reappears and the new code is lost.
I'll look into it. Thanks for the report!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Quick update: No I haven't forgotten about Nyx, I'm currently very busy, but we're also very close, so as soon there is an opening I'll release the new version incl. publishing capability. Sorry for the delay! :-)
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

Nyx is totally brill but one comment is that the photos are far too small.

Are you planning to make the frame bigger....in my view the bigger the picture the better the effect!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

quorr777 wrote:Nyx is totally brill but one comment is that the photos are far too small.

Are you planning to make the frame bigger....in my view the bigger the picture the better the effect!
Where do you want them bigger? In the media manager, the page editor, or both? Or do you mean in the actual tease?

Please note that we tried to not make them too big so people with smaller monitors can still use Nyx. But of course we might be able to make their size change depending on the available space.
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

I'm only thinking about the end result....the tease.

Bigger pictures provide more impact. If the text ran along the base of the frame there would be more room.
It is just a suggestion and I appreciate there may be technical reasons why it is not possible.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

Maybe if one were to hover their mouse over the picture, it could fill up usable screen until they move it off.