Your first webtease? Let us help you out!

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Your first webtease? Let us help you out!

Post by Epton »

I'd recommend using arrays for thing like this:

Code: Select all

var vdie = [
 "Give me 200 Ball slaps",
 "Give me 250 Ball slaps",
 "Give me 300 Ball slaps"
]

var myRandomVDie = vdie[Math.floor(Math.random()*vdie.length)]
Thank you for the suggestion I actually forgot about arrays xD
--
I have a new problem I can't figure out
How to use the array from the init

I used an array:

var [color=#FF0000]mistress[/color] = [
  "Yes Mistress",
  "yes Mistress",
  "No Mistress",
  "no Mistress"
];
Now I want to use it in 'IF action' with 'Input action' so I create the 'Input' first the variable I gave was "answer" then I created the IF action and wrote in the
Condition: answer = mistress OR mistress = answer
Then: Right answer
Else: Wrong answer

But for some reason no matter what I type in the input. it is always goes to Then like true

I tried changing var to const but it would get stuck in module loading
I haven't tried typing it in eval though since I can't figure some commands like say,choice,timer and some others haha
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Epton wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:29 am I have a new problem I can't figure out
How to use the array from the init

I used an array:

var mistress = [
  "Yes Mistress",
  "yes Mistress",
  "No Mistress",
  "no Mistress"
];
Now I want to use it in 'IF action' with 'Input action' so I create the 'Input' first the variable I gave was "answer" then I created the IF action and wrote in the
Condition: answer = mistress OR mistress = answer
Then: Right answer
Else: Wrong answer
Doesn't work that way. You could do a mistress.indexOf(answer) > -1, and that will evaluate true if the value of answer exists in the mistress array... but a better way to validate/test input would be using a regular expression like: answer.trim().match(/^yes *mistress$/i)

That would would do a case insensitive (the "i" after the "/" ) check for a value starting (^) with "yes" (in any case-, Yes, yeS, YeS, YES, ...), followed by any mount of space (the "*" indicates match the previous characters zero to as many as it finds times. A "+" would indicate at least 1 or as many as it finds.), ending ($ signals to match end of string) in "mistress".

You can get crazy with regular expressions -- like: /^(yes|absolutely|of course|indeed) *(my|) *(mistress|queen)$/i
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

I don't get it when I preview a specific page the tease loads and the array is working fine.
but when I preview from the start it doesn't load at all xD
I figured that the array is the cause of not loading..
can't I do math on stored variable this way? :\'-(

//Stroke Speed
var userBPM = teaseStorage.getItem('uBPM')

//Stroke Time
var userTime = teaseStorage.getItem('uTime')

var reduceBPM = [
"Let's reduce your Stroking Speed to:" + userBPM  * 0.9,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Time to:" + userTime * 0.9,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Speed to:" + userBPM * 0.8,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Time: to" + userTime * 0.8,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Time to" + userBPM * 0.7 +" "+"and your Stroking Time to:" userTime * 1.2,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Time to" + userBPM * 0.8 +" "+"and your Stroking Time to:" userTime * 0.8,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Time to" + userBPM * 0.9 +" "+"and your Stroking Time to:" userTime * 0.9,
"Let's reduce your Stroking Time to" + userBPM * 1.2 +" "+"and your Stroking Time to:" userTime * 0.7,
]
var reduce = reduceBPM[Math.floor(Math.random()*reduceBPM.length)]
The error it shows when I hover over userBPM:
The left-hand side of an arithmetic operation must be of type 'any', 'number', 'bigint' or an enum type.(2362)
if it's of any help
YourJustinMadison
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by YourJustinMadison »

Hello hello!

So... newbie guy here.

After I discovered a really great tease, linked here:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=51225
I noticed that this tease includes pictures, audio, and text, however, when trying to create my own tease, I can only find options for an mp3 format or a basic picture and text format. Am I missing another option, or can I do something in either of these so that I can make a tease that includes pictures, audio, and text?

Once I figure this out, I have many I plan to create, as I have scripts for many already.

Thanks for the help!
Yo_Boy_123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Yo_Boy_123 »

YourJustinMadison wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:16 pm Hello hello!

So... newbie guy here.

After I discovered a really great tease, linked here:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=51225
I noticed that this tease includes pictures, audio, and text, however, when trying to create my own tease, I can only find options for an mp3 format or a basic picture and text format. Am I missing another option, or can I do something in either of these so that I can make a tease that includes pictures, audio, and text?

Once I figure this out, I have many I plan to create, as I have scripts for many already.

Thanks for the help!
The tease you are referring to is created is Eos, which is an interactive editor­. Right now, you seem to have found the editor for "classic" image and text webteases. There is an excellent thread here that should help you get off the ground in terms of understanding Eos.
richarddlopatin
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by richarddlopatin »

Spoiler: show
Hello everyone.

It's my first time messing with Eos and I was having a great time rebuilding a little cyoa by wolfwaffle in it, until I came to a problem I simply cannot understand. So I'll try to explain the situation (I'll also leave a backup here if anyone's interested to look a little deeper):

In this adventure the player goes through a number of choices, each one gives a different number of points. Alright. This part is working just fine. At the end, though, the player gets to choose between 4 girls. And there's an order and a cost to it. Each girl costs 30 points and the order matters. Ok. So basically you pick a girl, you pick the next one, and so on, until you run out of points. This part is also working fine. Now comes the part where they tease you, in the order you had picked just before. And the game just gets stuck here. Let me go deeper:

So the structure before the teasing looks something like this:
there are four girls: Stella, Felicia, Nadia, and Laura
i set quite a few variables for that final situation in the Init Script options (so before the game even starts):

stella1stGirl = false;
stella2ndGirl = false;
stella3rdGirl = false;
stellaFinal = false;
felicia1stGirl = false;
felicia2ndGirl = false;
felicia3rdGirl = false;
feliciaFinal = false;
nadia1stGirl = false;
nadia2ndGirl = false;
nadia3rdGirl = false;
nadiaFinal= false;
laura1stGirl = false;
laura2ndGirl = false;
laura3rdGirl = false;
lauraFinal = false;

when the time comes, you pick let's say Felicia, the variable goes like felicia1stGirl = true;

then you pick Laura, laura2ndGirl = true;

let's say you run out of points there, you can't pick any more girls, the game then just sends you to the page 'Outcome', where a giant stream of if and elses throws you around a bit, like this:

if
stella1stGirl = true;

then
go to -> endStella (where the scene happens and then sends you back to this very page, 'Outcome')

else if
felicia1stGirl = true;

then
go to -> endFelicia

else if
nadia1stGirl = true;

then
go to -> endNadia

else
so on and so forth (it goes through every variable I set in the Init Script I mentioned) until the 'if nameFinal = true;' variable (which is set beforehand, it doesn't really matter now but the game recognizes if you're about the run out of points and flags the variable as nameFinal (this seems to be working fine)) which takes you to the End Tease screen.

The idea is that every time the game cycles back to 'Outcome', it should run through the entire chain of elseifs until it gets a true, then it goes into that scene. This makes sense, right?

But the game gets stuck right when the 'Outcome' page comes up for the first time, it doesn't ever get to an 'endName' scene. It doesn't even start the elseifs it seems, idk. Does anyone know what might be going on?
Ok, I've got it. The "if" blocks have very weird and specific semantics. :-| But it's fixed now.
cfnm-denial-wolfwaffle-2022-05-14.zip
backup .json
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Tischyy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Tischyy »

Hi, can you please help me, how do i make this tease where there is a Black screen with a wing at the beginning
phönix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by phönix »

Tischyy wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:17 am Hi, can you please help me, how do i make this tease where there is a Black screen with a wing at the beginning
These are EOS teases:
https://milovana.com/eos/editor/teases

Here you can find a tutorial:
viewtopic.php?t=22570
desplover1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by desplover1 »

How do you add a timer to the tease? I've searched all over the internet and can't find it

seraph0x wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:37 pm Ok, so this is the official Webtease Posting Guide. We've tried to keep the interface simple, so don't worry. There are five easy steps to it and you are ready to go.

Step 1 - Register at the Forums
The first thing you have to do is register if you haven't already done so. We had to add this policy in order to be able to keep spammers and other unwanted people out.

Step 2 - Go to the editor
Every member of Milovana.com got his own Editor where he can create, edit and delete teases. You can always reach the Editor through the main navigation at the top right.

Step 3 - Create a New Tease
In the editor, you will find a button saying "Create A Tease". If you click it, you will be asked to enter a name for your tease. Choose your name wisely and then go to the next step.

Step 4 - Adding Pages
You will automatically be redirected to the Add Pages function. As the name implies you can add pages there. Just select an image and while it is uploading, write the corresponding text. You should see a progress bar that indicates when you can submit the text and continue. Please note that you need JavaScript for the uploader to work properly.

Step 5 - Making your tease visible
You can also go back and edit your tease. When you are satisfied with the result, go to the tease's main edit page and click on "Make this tease visible".

That's it, you can now call yourself Webtease Author. ;-)

Thanks for contributing!! :smile:
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

desplover1 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:04 pm How do you add a timer to the tease? I've searched all over the internet and can't find it
Those are instructions for classic teases, those have no interactive functionality with the exception of "Click to continue".

If you want to create anything more complex than a slideshow, you need to use eos: milovana.com/eos/editor/

And here are a some tutorials: viewtopic.php?t=22570

~Thamrill

The_subm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The_subm »

Howdy I need help please with my eos when I published, the thumbnail and the views doesn't appear I wanna know what can I do, please help
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

The_subm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:04 pm Howdy I need help please with my eos when I published, the thumbnail and the views doesn't appear I wanna know what can I do, please help
I don't see under published teases under your profile. It is possible that there were some bugs when you tried to publish preventing it from going live. It's hard to know what went wrong but it's not up. If you want to share a link to it here or in PM I could do a error search on it.
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

indyc wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:18 am
The_subm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:04 pm Howdy I need help please with my eos when I published, the thumbnail and the views doesn't appear I wanna know what can I do, please help
I don't see under published teases under your profile. It is possible that there were some bugs when you tried to publish preventing it from going live. It's hard to know what went wrong but it's not up. If you want to share a link to it here or in PM I could do a error search on it.
There is one that is hidden due to the score (1.3), I guess that's the reason for the thumbnail, tags and views not being shown

The_subm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The_subm »

I can't see my webtease looks like was deleted for one reason
slutty_cd
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by slutty_cd »

Is setting a simple boolean based on user input really so complex operation?

say
		label: Do you like spanking	
	choice
		options
			{
				label: Yes
				commands
					eval
						script: spanking=true
			}
			{
				label: No
				commands
					eval
						script: spanking=false
			}
Is there a simple function somewhere to do that, so I could call

eval
		script: spanking=promptYesNo('Do you like spanking?*)
or should I just write it myself? Is there a place where such helper functions could be uploaded for others to use?

And other thing:

I've tried in my tests the ternary operator ( cond ? block : block ) and it seems to work perfectly. This simplifies many if and choice blocks so that many of them can be removed.

The online page editor is quite tedious. After making the templates for pages, it might be less hassle to use a text editor with json support, and a local git repo.