Your first webtease? Let us help you out!

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
achelappian
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Your first webtease? Let us help you out!

Post by achelappian »

Is there an easy way to remove all current notifications?

Is there a way to set the title of the most recently created notification even if it has no identifier?
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

achelappian wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:14 am Is there an easy way to remove all current notifications?

Is there a way to set the title of the most recently created notification even if it has no identifier?
It's often something I've wished for (one of the many things that led me to writing OpenEOS), but I don't believe there is.

You'd need to track all of this in your own variables, and you need to set an ID to access the notification via JavaScript.
Legacy1221
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Legacy1221 »

fapnip wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:10 am
Legacy1221 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:36 amI cant figure out how to add audio sound to the tease...
First, you need to go into the tease options (gear icon on the left in the editor) and enable the Audio module.

Next, you add an Audio.play action in the page you want to play the audio file on. Then inside that audio play action, you select one of the mp3 files you've uploaded.
THANK YOU MAN!!! IT WORKED!!!
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

Using Storage option
is it possible to store Timers time?
Let's say I give a task for 30min and the user accidentally closes the browser/tease before time is up
Can we restore it from the last stored time or maybe even better use the current computer clock(for offline use)?
Darigaaz
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Darigaaz »

You can store the value of Date.now() when you start the timer. And if the tease is reloaded, you call again Date.now() and subtract the stored value. This way, you know how much time has passed.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... s/Date/now
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

Darigaaz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 am You can store the value of Date.now() when you start the timer. And if the tease is reloaded, you call again Date.now() and subtract the stored value. This way, you know how much time has passed.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... s/Date/now
Thanks a lot for the reply but it seems my knowledge of JS is way too lacking I couldn't understand how to use it haha xD
(even though I tried to experiment with it haha)
Maybe one day I will get where I was wrong :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if I could make a shortcut and use the 'Go to page' function of a "Choice" or "Goto" and tell it to use a range of pages that are named the same (like we have pages_name = A1 to A20 but I wish to only use pages A15 to A20)
or will I have to use eval(JS) for that one?
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Epton wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:12 am Using Storage option
[...]
I couldn't understand how to use it
Here's a super simple example tease that does just that:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 76996756cb

JSON (right-click, save-as):
https://milovana.com/webteases/geteossc ... 76996756cb
Epton wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:12 am I was wondering if I could make a shortcut and use the 'Go to page' function of a "Choice" or "Goto" and tell it to use a range of pages that are named the same (like we have pages_name = A1 to A20 but I wish to only use pages A15 to A20)
The wildcard matching in Eos for pages and files are glob expressions, so as long as you can come up with an expression that matches the pages you're after, then you could probably do it in a GOTO action instead of eval.

Maybe something like :
A+(15|16|17|18|19|20)

Specifically, Eos uses minimatch:
https://github.com/isaacs/minimatch
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

Spoiler Start
Spoiler: show
fapnip wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:45 am
Epton wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:12 am Using Storage option
[...]
I couldn't understand how to use it
Here's a super simple example tease that does just that:

Epton wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:12 am I was wondering if I could make a shortcut and use the 'Go to page' function of a "Choice" or "Goto" and tell it to use a range of pages that are named the same (like we have pages_name = A1 to A20 but I wish to only use pages A15 to A20)
The wildcard matching in Eos for pages and files are glob expressions, so as long as you can come up with an expression that matches the pages you're after, then you could probably do it in a GOTO action instead of eval.

Maybe something like :
A+(15|16|17|18|19|20)

Specifically, Eos uses minimatch:
https://github.com/isaacs/minimatch
Thanks a lot took me a while to understand how it works haha :blush: :innocent:
Spoiler Ends

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoiler: show
I'm trying to make a Fap Roulette like
And it doesn't work x.x

So my code so far is like this-->

INIT:

First_Page:
'loop=2' can be anything it counts the amount of ROLLS therefore the difficulty

Second_Page:
Here it supposed to check if loop=0
continue to next page

If not
subtract from 'loop' and go back to 'DieRoll' page again

Dice Roll - Debug:
I tried to check if my code works

Dice Roll - Actual:
I did not test it since I did not fill all options yet.
I filled only the first one
'v == 1 && w == 1 && x == 1 && y == 1'
So I don't know if it works...

Maybe my "DeBug" is written wrong maybe the whole system... I've tried to play with it for the past 2 days :\'-(
but I couldn't make it work.
Please help me by pointing my errors and/or what should I do/try to make it work... I would really appreciate it. :blush: :love:
I have figured it out :D

Anyone has a tease that stores data I can learn from or explain me how to use Storage option? [:
Last edited by Epton on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
dxy330
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dxy330 »

Hi I have interest in using the Webcam to take pictures or calling the pictures locally. If it is not possible, where and to who can I suggest this cool feature?
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

dxy330 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:19 am Hi I have interest in using the Webcam to take pictures or calling the pictures locally. If it is not possible, where and to who can I suggest this cool feature?
Have you tried playing with getUserMedia() method?
dxy330
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dxy330 »

Epton wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:40 am
dxy330 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:19 am Hi I have interest in using the Webcam to take pictures or calling the pictures locally. If it is not possible, where and to who can I suggest this cool feature?
no i have not, i am new to this, i only have experience with c++. do you know any webtease that utilize such feature?
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

dxy330 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:08 am
Epton wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:40 am
no i have not, i am new to this, i only have experience with c++. do you know any webtease that utilize such feature?
Never seen one really but try google "javascript getUserMedia()" and there are many options of using it, from straightforward to functions and stuff. idk if EOS supports it but maybe there is a workaround.
Darigaaz
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Darigaaz »

I guess someone could confirm it but I am 99.9999999% sure that EOS does not allow accessing the camera for security reasons. And if there is any workaround, I would stop using EOS :)
dxy330
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dxy330 »

Sorry I am a security noob, can't they make it that whatever uploaded is always deleted by the end? I need such feature, believe me, it will be a game changer.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Epton wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:40 am Anyone has a tease that stores data I can learn from or explain me how to use Storage option? [:
The example tease I posted before uses teaseStorage in a few of its evals.

Here's some more info on teaseStorage:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24320&p=308236#p308236
Epton wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:40 am var vdie1 = "Give me 200 Ball slaps"
var vdie2 = "Give me 250 Ball slaps"
var vdie3 = "Give me 300 Ball slaps"
I'd recommend using arrays for thing like this:

Code: Select all

var vdie = [
 "Give me 200 Ball slaps",
 "Give me 250 Ball slaps",
 "Give me 300 Ball slaps"
]

var myRandomVDie = vdie[Math.floor(Math.random()*vdie.length)]

dxy330 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:55 am Sorry I am a security noob, can't they make it that whatever uploaded is always deleted by the end? I need such feature, believe me, it will be a game changer.
There's really no way to lock this down, other than simply not allowing access to it. Any site the Eos client can load data from would be a vector for leaking private data to -- and even if that was locked down, I'm sure Eos having access to media devices would send a number of users running for the hills. Couple that with the limited libraries available for and how slow the JavaScript interpreter is in Eos, and I'm not sure you could effectively do much with the captured video/images client side.