DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Post by richman2 »

oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:18 pm
Spoiler: show
If you go to the top area of where you posted, just above the left staircase, you should see some water and broken floor. you'll see a necklace there. You should be able to drop down there, and then exit to the front of the castle. From there you can make your way back to the library if you want, but I think you'll need to get the necklace and then the way forward is through the dining room.
Thanks for immediate response!
I did what you described (before already). Have the necklace and I'm back down there. I wonder whether "maybe there is a way to get through to her" (to Hailey) in the dining room wants me to do something. I can't "use" the necklace though. Maybe I shouldnt have walked (fall) again in the basement?

EDIT: Went to the place where the necklace was again and it worked to jump down again. Guess I can go on now.
And let me say once again: I love like every element of the game! Can only imagine how much work it was and I think even in small details one can find the effort you put into!
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

I tried the latest version but sadly i still have the UsefulTles.png bug on my previously saved char (i had it when entering a tower structure in the dreamscape); probably the old save still checks for the wrong filename? i suppose i'll have to restart from scratch?

When trying to start a new game, instead i got the problem with the start in the museum.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Daragorn wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:36 pm I tried the latest version but sadly i still have the UsefulTles.png bug on my previously saved char (i had it when entering a tower structure in the dreamscape); probably the old save still checks for the wrong filename? i suppose i'll have to restart from scratch?

When trying to start a new game, instead i got the problem with the start in the museum.
Hi Daragorn, Which tower structure?
Is the lighthouse just east of Destiny's Town? Ok, I just found a few more instances. Shoudl be fixed in Version .915.
I'm gonna go through and see if I can find more so might be up a while later today.
--Oats--
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

richman2 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:23 pm
oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:18 pm
If you go to the top area of where you posted, just above the left staircase, you should see some water and broken floor. you'll see a necklace there. You should be able to drop down there, and then exit to the front of the castle. From there you can make your way back to the library if you want, but I think you'll need to get the necklace and then the way forward is through the dining room.
Thanks for immediate response!
I did what you described (before already). Have the necklace and I'm back down there. I wonder whether "maybe there is a way to get through to her" (to Hailey) in the dining room wants me to do something. I can't "use" the necklace though. Maybe I shouldnt have walked (fall) again in the basement?

EDIT: Went to the place where the necklace was again and it worked to jump down again. Guess I can go on now.
And let me say once again: I love like every element of the game! Can only imagine how much work it was and I think even in small details one can find the effort you put into!
Thanks richman2, It was a lot of work to try to get the story to be detailed and have it work intuitively. I hope it does work.
So, just want to be clear, and make sure there is't a bug in the game somehow. Anita is in the Dining room, not Hailey.
Is that what you're seeing? Also, you get Hailey back by giving the Librarian the 3 books of Hailey. One book is north west corner on 2nd floor castle. The other two books are on the first floor, one north east corner, the other is east hallway, south of the damaged floor. Once you get Hailey, you shoudl be able to snap Anita out of her sort of trance and get a clue on how to proceed. Thanks for playing the game!!
--Oats--
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Just as a hint:
I read about space in filenames as a problem.
@ Author:
There might be sveral ways to get rid of that, sometimes all you need is the right term to google for: ?
'notepad++ eliminate leading white space'

Or:
eliminate leading white space filenames

Just wanted to mention, good luck and keep it coming,
best greetings,
Markus
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:24 pm Hi Daragorn, Which tower structure?
Is the lighthouse just east of Destiny's Town? Ok, I just found a few more instances. Shoudl be fixed in Version .915.
I'm gonna go through and see if I can find more so might be up a while later today.
Mmm i am not sure, honestly, i don't remember well. One thing for sure it was on the east side of the map, i am not 100% sure it was Destiny's town but, not that you named it, yes probably it was that one.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:44 pm
Thanks richman2, It was a lot of work to try to get the story to be detailed and have it work intuitively. I hope it does work.
So, just want to be clear, and make sure there is't a bug in the game somehow. Anita is in the Dining room, not Hailey.
Is that what you're seeing? Also, you get Hailey back by giving the Librarian the 3 books of Hailey. One book is north west corner on 2nd floor castle. The other two books are on the first floor, one north east corner, the other is east hallway, south of the damaged floor. Once you get Hailey, you shoudl be able to snap Anita out of her sort of trance and get a clue on how to proceed. Thanks for playing the game!!
No bug at all, completely my fault. I'll try to explain again:
Ah sure it was Anita in the Dining room - sorry for confusing names. I don't know how I managed but I guess the problem was to unnecessarily jump down through the hole in the library again. When I did the first time it was easy to return cause of the necklace shimmer in the water bringing you back. Turned out (if I remember correctly!) I forget to take a book there or just out of confusion I went back there again. That time no glimmer/shimmer from the necklace in the water and hence I just didn't understand how to return. Tried the stairs again and again and to speak with everyone but didnt help. Then shortly after you wrote me I figured out walking to the place the necklace had been is the solution.
Then, yes I get hailey back and was able to proceed. Everything is just fine. Now figuring out what the new spells are good for...
Will let you know if I find something not working but hitherto everything is just fine.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

richman2 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:41 pm
oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:44 pm
No bug at all, completely my fault. I'll try to explain again:
Ah sure it was Anita in the Dining room - sorry for confusing names. I don't know how I managed but I guess the problem was to unnecessarily jump down through the hole in the library again. When I did the first time it was easy to return cause of the necklace shimmer in the water bringing you back. Turned out (if I remember correctly!) I forget to take a book there or just out of confusion I went back there again. That time no glimmer/shimmer from the necklace in the water and hence I just didn't understand how to return. Tried the stairs again and again and to speak with everyone but didnt help. Then shortly after you wrote me I figured out walking to the place the necklace had been is the solution.
Then, yes I get hailey back and was able to proceed. Everything is just fine. Now figuring out what the new spells are good for...
Will let you know if I find something not working but hitherto everything is just fine.
Hmm... I guess it's not too obvious that you can go back to the spot where the necklace was to jump back down.I wonder if I should keep the shimmer there to people can see there's still something to do there.
--Oats--
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

After you help Diamond in The Museum the entry/intro explanation in version 0.915 references images that don't exist in the www/img/pictures directory. 03.png and maybe some other files. Can't proceed past that point.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

zenetix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:42 am After you help Diamond in The Museum the entry/intro explanation in version 0.915 references images that don't exist in the www/img/pictures directory. 03.png and maybe some other files. Can't proceed past that point.
Is this the sort of tutorial exhibit with the girl at the door (Lola)?
Yes I see the problem. It should be fixed in Version .916
I will put that up soon.
--Oats--
bhbuhdbwuedb
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by bhbuhdbwuedb »

Love the game so far, takes the enjoyment of doing JOIs but adds a nice twist and seems to have an interesting story, but I'm still only doing the tutorial stages just now. And would like to know if there are any other kinks besides edging/denial. The only problem I'm having is I can't handle metronomes very well, could I please get a code that decreases the amount of metronome encounters If that would be possible?
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

bhbuhdbwuedb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:59 pm Love the game so far, takes the enjoyment of doing JOIs but adds a nice twist and seems to have an interesting story, but I'm still only doing the tutorial stages just now. And would like to know if there are any other kinks besides edging/denial. The only problem I'm having is I can't handle metronomes very well, could I please get a code that decreases the amount of metronome encounters If that would be possible?
You get a Metronome app later on in the game, but also, using your pedometer app, you can reduce the agility of the girls, which in turn should reduce the speed of the metronome. Hope that helps you out until you get the metronome app.

I will consider adding the metronome app earlier though, so people can turn it off if they want right away.
--Oats--
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

oats71 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:53 pm
zenetix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:42 am After you help Diamond in The Museum the entry/intro explanation in version 0.915 references images that don't exist in the www/img/pictures directory. 03.png and maybe some other files. Can't proceed past that point.
I will put that up soon.
Yep, but it seems like img 05.png also causes the same issue in 0.916. I'd guess that there are more missing images than just 05.png, but I'm not sure.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

zenetix wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:15 am
oats71 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:53 pm
I will put that up soon.
Yep, but it seems like img 05.png also causes the same issue in 0.916. I'd guess that there are more missing images than just 05.png, but I'm not sure.
That's weird. It's not actually missing files this time, the problem is the script is looking for the wrong files. It shouldn't be looking for a file called 05.png at all. I did figure out why it was doing that and thought I fixed it, but I will take another look at the script and see why it's doing that.
--Oats--
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

oats71 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:33 am That's weird. It's not actually missing files this time, the problem is the script is looking for the wrong files. It shouldn't be looking for a file called 05.png at all. I did figure out why it was doing that and thought I fixed it, but I will take another look at the script and see why it's doing that.
Hi, just downloaded v916 and i still have the usefultiles bug in Destiny's dreamworld tower (i can confirm you now that it was in destiny's dreamworld)