[GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Post by Trusfrated »

Thanks for the update! It's great to have the mp3 files downloading correctly now.

A question: Is there a way to get tease states working with EOS teases? GuideMe will remember where I left off with older flash and normal teases downloaded with Philo's downloader. But, I don't think this feature works with EOS teases downloaded with this one. Teases always start over when I re-open them. Not sure if there is anything you could do about this via the downloader, or if this is something that must be changed in the GuideMe code.

Can anyone confirm this behavior or is it just me?

Thanks! :wave:
ImageImage
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Thanks for reporting these. Comments below.
Serousep wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:59 am Hi. :wave: I'm having a problem with Mortal Kombat - Outworld - Part 1 Final teaser. (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52249) For some reason, the sound on the page plays not once, as it should, but every time you click the "Continue" button. How can this be fixed?
Unfortunately this is a difference between GuideMe and EOS that requires changes to GuideMe, and then depending on how that gets implemented I will likely need to make changes to the downloader as well. Since eroticdevelopment is handling the GuideMe end of things I don't have any control over that. I will send him a message and ask if he can make that a priority, but we really need more programmers that know Java to step up and help out with the GuideMe side of things.

I can change the way the downloader does some things to help reduce this problem, but I can't fix it entirely. I will try to do what I can over the next few months, but can't promise anything.

I have added this tease to my list as a test case for any changes I make in this regard
Serousep wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:59 am There is also a problem with Hero Corruption v0.8d teaser. (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=51942) At the beginning all goes well, but after two hits in the battle with the girl appears a black screen with the "Victory!" button. :\'-(
Sounds like the downloader has broken something in that tease. I will have a look when time permits and report back. I've got some time over the weekend, but as mentioned previously I have a big work contract on the go and time and energy will be very limited for this month. Maybe I can identify a way for you to to fix the downloaded tease.

Stay tuned...

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Trusfrated wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:43 am Thanks for the update! It's great to have the mp3 files downloading correctly now.

A question: Is there a way to get tease states working with EOS teases? GuideMe will remember where I left off with older flash and normal teases downloaded with Philo's downloader. But, I don't think this feature works with EOS teases downloaded with this one. Teases always start over when I re-open them. Not sure if there is anything you could do about this via the downloader, or if this is something that must be changed in the GuideMe code.

The tease state does work, but when played online teases generally always start at the beginning, so that's the way the downloader creates the xml.

To change this, open the XML file created by the downloader in a text editor, and look for the "Settings" section. It will be very near the top of the file (line 10 or so) and looks like this:

Code: Select all

<Settings>
    <AutoSetPageWhenSeen>false</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
    <ForceStartPage>true</ForceStartPage>
  </Settings>
Change the "ForceStartPage" option to "false" and that will fix it.

I think I'll add an option in the downloader to control this. Most teases work properly with the default setting, but I have encountered a few where the opposite would be more appropriate.

PG
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:20 pm
Trusfrated wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:43 am Thanks for the update! It's great to have the mp3 files downloading correctly now.

The tease state does work, but when played online teases generally always start at the beginning, so that's the way the downloader creates the xml.

To change this, open the XML file created by the downloader in a text editor, and look for the "Settings" section. It will be very near the top of the file (line 10 or so) and looks like this:

Code: Select all

<Settings>
    <AutoSetPageWhenSeen>false</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
    <ForceStartPage>true</ForceStartPage>
  </Settings>
Change the "ForceStartPage" option to "false" and that will fix it.

I think I'll add an option in the downloader to control this. Most teases work properly with the default setting, but I have encountered a few where the opposite would be more appropriate.

PG
Thanks! That totally takes care of it. I would appreciate being able to control this via a preference in a future update. In the past, when I opened an old tease and it started at the end (or wherever I left off) I knew I could just use the Restart option in the GuideMe menu to start over.
ImageImage
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 pm
Serousep wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:59 am There is also a problem with Hero Corruption v0.8d teaser. (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=51942) At the beginning all goes well, but after two hits in the battle with the girl appears a black screen with the "Victory!" button. :\'-(
Sounds like the downloader has broken something in that tease. I will have a look when time permits and report back. I've got some time over the weekend, but as mentioned previously I have a big work contract on the go and time and energy will be very limited for this month. Maybe I can identify a way for you to to fix the downloaded tease.

Stay tuned...

PG
I had a good look at this and there are definitely some things not working right in the downloaded tease.
At first (using downloader version 0.93) the tease would not work at all because of some bad javascript code in the original tease. I fixed that manually in the cached json file, and it seems to mostly work, but there are several pages that give warnings about potential dead ends that look like they could definitely produce dead ends.

I did a bit of play testing and there are still issues with it. I don't have the spare brainpower right now and I'm going to need to do testing online in EOS to figure some of the stuff out, so it's going to be a while.

If you want to try it with the latest downloader, the attached zip file contains the EOS script for the tease, with the changes I made to fix the javascript issue. If you want to try it, unzip it and put the json file in the downloaders Cache subfolder, replacing the original that was downloaded from Milovana.

Let me know about any others you find issues with.

PG
Attachments
EOSScript 51942.zip
(265.59 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Serousep
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Serousep »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Stay tuned...

PG
I had a good look at this and there are definitely some things not working right in the downloaded tease.
At first (using downloader version 0.93) the tease would not work at all because of some bad javascript code in the original tease. I fixed that manually in the cached json file, and it seems to mostly work, but there are several pages that give warnings about potential dead ends that look like they could definitely produce dead ends.

I did a bit of play testing and there are still issues with it. I don't have the spare brainpower right now and I'm going to need to do testing online in EOS to figure some of the stuff out, so it's going to be a while.

If you want to try it with the latest downloader, the attached zip file contains the EOS script for the tease, with the changes I made to fix the javascript issue. If you want to try it, unzip it and put the json file in the downloaders Cache subfolder, replacing the original that was downloaded from Milovana.

PG
Hi, PG! I used your file like you said and reloaded the Hero Corruption v0.8d script file. However, after that this tease does not open in GuideMe, black screen.
I tried downloading the new version of tease Hero Corruption v0.85c (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52542) that came out recently, it opens and works, but the problem with the "Victory!" button remains. I also noticed that when the hero is in camp, for some reason it automatically skips about 6 hours of game time, which of course is wrong.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Serousep wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:53 am
Spoiler: show

Stay tuned...

PG

PG
Hi, PG! I used your file like you said and reloaded the Hero Corruption v0.8d script file. However, after that this tease does not open in GuideMe, black screen.
I tried downloading the new version of tease Hero Corruption v0.85c (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52542) that came out recently, it opens and works, but the problem with the "Victory!" button remains. I also noticed that when the hero is in camp, for some reason it automatically skips about 6 hours of game time, which of course is wrong.
Okay, thanks for trying that. I'll continue to dig into this as time and energy permits to see why it's doing those things. That tease is certainly one of the more complex ones I've tried converting so far and it's doing some very strange things, so please be patient.

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New version released!
PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:49 pm
Serousep wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:53 am
Spoiler: show

PG
Okay, thanks for trying that. I'll continue to dig into this as time and energy permits to see why it's doing those things. That tease is certainly one of the more complex ones I've tried converting so far and it's doing some very strange things, so please be patient.

PG
Both of these issues (the victory button and skipping time at base) were caused by the same bug in the downloader. The javascript added to the generated XML file was not correctly handling nested "If" conditionals in the tease script.

I have uploaded a new version (0.94) of the downloader and updated the links in the first post of this thread.

While I was at it I downloaded and tested Hero Corruption 0.85c and converted it for you. It did still have an issue with some bad javascript in the original source so I'm surprised it worked for you at all. I notified the author of the issues I found.
You can find a link to download it in the second post of this thread. I included the XML for versions 0.8d and 0.85c, as well as the updated json files in case they are of use to you in customizing the tease or whatever. I haven't played it extensively so obviously I can't promise there aren't other issues I haven't found yet, but they seem to be working properly. I went through several battles, found some things in the forest etc. and all seemed good.

Have fun!

PG
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

This is really low priority, and I know you are busy, so no hurry on this.

But, I tried downloading a regular tease (Artificial Alyssia Part 2: Fantasy Farm) using this downloader. When I loaded it with GuideMe 4.4 it said "Oops it looks like page 1 does not exist". I tried another regular tease (Part 5 Become the perfect slut for the Dark Sex Tantra Goddess) and it started okay but after the first page it said "Oops it looks like page 2 does not exist". Finally, I tried "Accepting status 1" and it went several pages in with no issue.

Any idea why 2 out of 3 of these aren't working correctly? I would have thought regular teases would always convert pretty predictably because of their simplicity.
ImageImage
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Trusfrated wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 am This is really low priority, and I know you are busy, so no hurry on this.

But, I tried downloading a regular tease (Artificial Alyssia Part 2: Fantasy Farm) using this downloader. When I loaded it with GuideMe 4.4 it said "Oops it looks like page 1 does not exist". I tried another regular tease (Part 5 Become the perfect slut for the Dark Sex Tantra Goddess...
Say no more! I'm on the job! I'm loving the dark tantra series so I'll definitely be fixing that this weekend!

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Version 0.95 Uploaded - Links in first post updated
This version fixes a bug in verion 0.94 with the handling of classic teases.
Trusfrated wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 am This is really low priority, and I know you are busy, so no hurry on this.

But, I tried downloading a regular tease (Artificial Alyssia Part 2: Fantasy Farm) using this downloader. When I loaded it with GuideMe 4.4 it said "Oops it looks like page 1 does not exist". I tried another regular tease (Part 5 Become the perfect slut for the Dark Sex Tantra Goddess) and it started okay but after the first page it said "Oops it looks like page 2 does not exist". Finally, I tried "Accepting status 1" and it went several pages in with no issue.

Any idea why 2 out of 3 of these aren't working correctly?
In version 0.94 I added code to the handling of classic and EOS teases to split long lines of text into shorter lines. In Classic teases I used angle brackets (the start or end of an html/xml tag) as delimiters. It turned out that in some cases this ended up breaking
the tags in a way that made it invalid XML so GuideMe choked when loading the tease.

I have corrected this and uploaded version 0.95

The new version will only split lines on a space, period or comma.
To play it safe I also disabled this feature in EOS teases for now until I test it more thoroughly.
Trusfrated wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 am I would have thought regular teases would always convert pretty predictably because of their simplicity.
And you're absolutely right about that. Totally my bad not thinking it through and testing that change more completely.

PG
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Anyone had any luck with indyc's Trials of the Succubi v1.30? When I download it with the downloader and use GuideMe 4.4 I only get a black screen. :weep:
ImageImage
Waverunner02
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Waverunner02 »

The downloader didnt' work for me. I clicked download and the white screen stayed blank.

So I dove through the thread and found the latest version. I found no new thread for the latest versions.

I downloaded it, and clicked file/load/guide like it said once i clicked the start batch file. I selected the xml file in the guide folder, and it started reading the text. Then when it got to enable or disable buttons it wouldn't let me do anything.

Didn't show me pictures or anything.

I only tried to download it bc it seems like rebellion of the goddess isn't in a webtease. But I don't see any clear instructions. I'm sure I could figure it out in about an hour, but maybe some other time.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Trusfrated wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:34 am Anyone had any luck with indyc's Trials of the Succubi v1.30? When I download it with the downloader and use GuideMe 4.4 I only get a black screen. :weep:
I had a quick look at this and this tease uses some unusual javascript coding (the comments in the code itself call it an ugly workaround) and I don't totally follow what it's trying to accomplish, and why it was done in this fashion. Also the downloader seems to be mangling some parts of the init code which is a known issue, and seems to be exacerbated in this tease due to the complexity of the code.

This is a large and complex tease, and unfortunately I've started a new job and don't have the mental capacity to really dig into it at the moment. It's one that may never convert cleanly, but from what I saw, much of the odd stuff it's doing is intended to address limitations in EOS and could be done differently in Guideme. I spent an hour or two on it and got it to the stage where it loads and you can do stuff, but there are numerous pages that are dead ends or potential dead ends, but perhaps it will give you something to get started with. The modified XML file is attached.

If you update this and get it going further please share with the community by posting it here.

Good luck

PG
Trials of the Succubi v1.30.xml.zip
(437.73 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Soul3000 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:36 am The downloader didnt' work for me. I clicked download and the white screen stayed blank.

So I dove through the thread and found the latest version. I found no new thread for the latest versions.
Um, this IS the thread for the latest version of the downloader. The links in the first post are updated to be for the latest release.
Soul3000 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:36 am I downloaded it, and clicked file/load/guide like it said once i clicked the start batch file. I selected the xml file in the guide folder, and it started reading the text. Then when it got to enable or disable buttons it wouldn't let me do anything.

Didn't show me pictures or anything.

I only tried to download it bc it seems like rebellion of the goddess isn't in a webtease. But I don't see any clear instructions. I'm sure I could figure it out in about an hour, but maybe some other time.
Rebellion of the Goddess is in fact a webtease and you can play it online.

I'm confused by your description, but if I follow correctly you are referring in some parts to GuideMe and in some parts to the downloader. I'm not clear if you got the tease downloaded or not, but it sounds like you downloaded GuideMe as well.

I downloaded this tease with the current downloader and tried it in GuideMe version 4.4 and had no problems, so we'll need more detail if you're still having problems and need help. A screen shot would be tremendously useful.

PG