Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

showfilm
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by showfilm »

@diglet Hello, it would be great to add cyclic changes in the base frequency from 700 to 800 hertz over a period of 2 seconds or some kind of random pattern
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

showfilm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:38 am @diglet Hello, it would be great to add cyclic changes in the base frequency from 700 to 800 hertz over a period of 2 seconds or some kind of random pattern
I wonder if it would work to have the filename.frequency.funscript that does this, would it work if this one is like 3 hours, so you can copy paste it under new name for every file you play? Would it work if it is longer than alpha/beta/volume funscripts?
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

showfilm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:38 am @diglet Hello, it would be great to add cyclic changes in the base frequency from 700 to 800 hertz over a period of 2 seconds or some kind of random pattern
I experimented with this a while ago. What you can do is use MultiFunPlayer to create a pattern on L3, and link L3 to the carrier frequency in Restim. This way you can make simple patterns with the carrier frequency. You can also make a funscript for arbitrary patterns.

When I tried this, I've found that adjusting the frequency isn't very interesting. You'd need very large swings in frequency before the sensation changes and that throws off the calibration process. DPL has made two funscripts with frequency changes that you can try. CH Tranquilizer and Rhythms of Desire.

There is a small bug in the last Restim version: adjusting the carrier frequency with MFP only works with continuous waveforms (312/2B mode) and not pulse-based waveforms (stereostim mode). This will be fixed in the next release.
Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kelvinator »

For Lorada, Here are some suggestions:
1. Check your DIY stim box signals in a non-Restim mode using these 30 second test files: 30 Sec Stereo Ch 1 Only Track.mp3, 30 Sec Stereo Ch 2 Only Track.mp3, and 30 Sec Stereo Track.mp3 found in:
https://mega.nz/folder/5KdCCD7K#1U1ByzDV1cOTrYufR5GCuw
You should hear / feel signals on channel 1 only, channel 2 only, and on both channels respectively. FYI - Puste's CHPlayerV3 is great for playing cock hero videos and stim files:
viewtopic.php?p=291045#p291045
2. If your DIY stim box is outputting signals on both channels and you can hear / feel them comfortably, then:
3. Open Restim and use Tools > Funscript Conversion (1D > 2D) to create alpha and beta funscript files.
4. Here are some Restim settings that work on my DIY TroniC MidiStim box:
a. Tools > Device Selection > StereoStim, Three phase
b. Tools > Preferences > Threephase (make sure L0 and L1 limits are -1.0 to 1.0, and that the Remote Control boxes are checked.
c. Three Phase Tab> Calibration > Neutral Power, try -8 setting. Get your electrodes hooked up, Set the Pattern Generator to Mouse or Circle and Start Audio. Note: I have to increase the sound card volume on the computer to 50% or higher in order to feel the signal. Adjust the volume on your stim box so that you feel the stim signals at a comfortable level.
d. Adjust the Neutral, Right, and Center Power levels until you get the signal strengths you want / enjoy.
I hope this helps you troubleshoot, identify any problems, and tune your system to your individual Restim setups and preferences. Any advice or tips from other users would be appreciated. Good Luck! K
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Heads up for the linux & mac users: I just implemented media sync within Restim, now you can sync script playback with VLC. These changes are available in the master branch. You'll need to follow the video instructions here for configuring VLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wu1vQDazNY

It also support HereSphere (VR video player) and MPC-HC (windows).

The release package for windows will be released later this week.
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by froog »

Wow thanks Diglet!

I have built on a Mac (M1) from the master branch and I am able to load scripts and also made the connection to VLC in restim ! This is amazing.! (restim says "Connected" in the UI.) The funscript seems to be playing OK, in that I can hear rhythms in the estim audio output that are not the usual "circle" pattern.

However the video doesn't seem to be syncing - By this I mean that when I play and pause and seek a video in VLC it doesn't seem to affect the audio from the funscript ( the estim audio doesn't pause, or resync to where I play the video from).

. I hope this is useful feedback. Can you help me understand what I am doing wrong, or have i misunderstood how it should work. I will keep experimenting. I thought I may have done something wrong with the VLC setup, but restim interface says it is connected. But even without the syncing it is a great thing. :thumbsup:
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by froog »

froog wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:33 pm However the video doesn't seem to be syncing - By this I mean that when I play and pause and seek a video in VLC it doesn't seem to affect the audio from the funscript ( the estim audio doesn't pause, or resync to where I play the video from).
Sorry, ignore that. I got it all working! - I had set up the lua interface in VLC, but I had not switched in VLC settings to use it. Although it could have been just that I stopped everything and restarted it from scratch. Either way it is working :thankyou:
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

New release: V1.13
https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

- Improved device configuration screen, configurable safety limits.
- Media sync and Funscript support builtin. Supports MPC-HC, VLC and HereSphere. For VLC you need to follow the video instructions here. The others are easy enough to figure out on your own.
- Ability to create audio files (mp3) from the UI.
- Fix carrier frequency adjustments over T-code not working for pulse-based generator.
- Fix syncing issue with HereSphere.

If you have a media player connected, stim audio will play only when the video is playing, not paused.

Remaining issues: there is no way to offset the funscripts to compensate for latency. The patterns don't work when a funscript is loaded. Wiki needs updates.

edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm New release: V1.13

:thankyou:

and question... aside from offset, there is now no more reason to use MFP? Am I missing something here?

This software became very essential quickly, time to add a donation xmr address to sig.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Thanks, but I'm not interested in receiving money for a hobby project. Save your salary for Onwrikbaar's box.

MFP still has lots of extra features. More supported media players, patterns, ability to control multiple toys and toy types at once, very customization keybindings, plugin system. But if you don't use those features (I don't), you don't need MFP anymore. You also need scriptplayer for syncing video to mp3, I might add that feature in the future.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:31 pm You also need scriptplayer for syncing video to mp3, I might add that feature in the future.
This and offset are only things that I need, and this (mp3) only because it is annoying to stop restim if I want to play a file that has mp3 and funscript... maybe you could just implement a flag, if filename.mp3 exists, don't load/play funscripts?

That way scriptplayer and restim can run simultaneously and it is easier to play different files in the player (heresphere) without having to fiddle with estim players.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

The plan is to have some sort of priority list, if mp3 is higher priority than funscripts it will default to playing the pre-computed audio mp3 instead of the funscripts.

Currently Restim stops automatically when the file in the media player changes. This is a safety feature to prevent the volume from suddenly increasing when you switch from a video with volume funscript to one without. I don't think that will ever change, I want to give the users as few tools as possible to shoot themselves in the foot. But I might be able to implement hotkeys so you can start the audio again without taking the headset off.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:19 pm I don't think that will ever change
Well, you just motivated me to learn enough python to make my own version that allows me to use program how I want it. I won't be going all the way to implement it as option and make PR, but I will make my own that doesn't stop. Having to remove headset every time I press next to see next file from folder of videos "to check out" would essentially make it very bad experience, especially when I am not going to play all of them but just skim to plan for proper session. I already have master volume of the estim soundcard mapped to mouse wheel for safety.
Last edited by edger477 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:19 pmCurrently Restim stops automatically when the file in the media player changes. This is a safety feature to prevent the volume from suddenly increasing when you switch from a video with volume funscript to one without. I don't think that will ever change, I want to give the users as few tools as possible to shoot themselves in the foot. But I might be able to implement hotkeys so you can start the audio again without taking the headset off.
I think it would be ok to have a configuration checkbox in preferences that allows that to be disabled, maybe with a brief warning saying it's not recommended. ..or perhaps for edger477 it might just be commenting out a line or a few after pulling the repo files and compiling from that modified source.

The device configuration wizard on first launch is slick. It's nice seeing feature updates.

Restim feels fantastic and it brings a much appreciated improvement in terms of being a more precise positional sensation to the feeling of Funscripts. Funscripts seem to be the format with the most rapid way to make content with plenty of tools available to make syncing direct physical movement from a video, and synchronization of music content. It's great that it brings together creators from both the stroker and estim world where when funscripts are created(at least 1 dimensional ones use the common creation tools), they can be used with different styles of equipment without completely reworking a solution for each device.

..which brings me to why I need to thank you for the MP3 Export functionality -Let me explain why I wanted this because I didn't mention my intentions of my own reason why I wanted the mp3 export function in an earlier post that was either here or part of the Tranquilizer thread when I was discussing it, but I often take the stim audio and rework parts of it outside of what the normal Restim is designed to do. For example, if there's a specific sensation that I see in a video and I know of an existing Estim file that can accomplish that feeling and I want it there, I can edit the file in Audacity and slip it in.
As an example from a more recent popular Estim video, the 'Good boy' vibrating throb from Mistress and Control Box. I personally am a fan of the S&M components of some videos and often when I see a spank/whip/flogger/cane and I often feel like I'm more connected to a video if I toss a short blip of a stim file that feels right for it.
In short - Being able to use an existing Restim Funscript stim that feels fantastic to start, but we can add elements that we otherwise might have only been part of a dedicated estim creation to add our own flare and spice things up. The most similar way that I can think of where this has been done before with Funscripts was before Restim with Twisted Tales 2 where parts use Funscripts and other parts use a mix of other estim content authored by someone else.

With that being said if I do that and release a file, it will either need to be a fairly neutral calibration (something like -0.7 neutral adjustment) with a specific configuration that would have been used with the old Funstim conversions where I normally prefer common at the shaft base forward of the balls with the top insulated or perineum, or a -6db neutral adjustment for a common on head configuration. ..at least those seem to be the two most common configuration options that I think people choose.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Electro wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:02 am For example, if there's a specific sensation that I see in a video and I know of an existing Estim file that can accomplish that feeling and I want it there
Since restim uses files that are so much easier to maintain and reuse, I think concept of how to produce these sensations would be of much more value to everyone. But if it is not pure volume spike that is producing it, we should create some folder of files that are named as sensation they produce so we could pull that into audacity or similar program to analyze and try to figure out.
Electro wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:02 am perhaps for edger477 it might just be commenting out a line or a few after pulling the repo files and compiling from that modified source
Maybe is not commenting (since it stops automatically when you stop the file, not sure if there was extra code written just to stop starting next file), probably it is needed to find event handler of file loaded and call whatever is called from the start button, but I will not be compiling that, I think that pycharm interprets it (there is no new exe file to run). Still, running from pycharm is better than having to carry keyboard around with the vr controllers to restart it every time I press next.