[RELEASE] Technical Forms - Complete Edition

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Adrast
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Re: [RELEASE] Technical Forms - Complete Edition

Post by Adrast »

I liked this game, but it seemed too easy to me. Hopefully in the new version, the difficulty has been raised.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

avatarbr wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 pm

I don't know if it's a bug or I messed something here (maybe you changed when should happens), but in the Library I did not got the holidays or the lessons with the girl there. I know there are because the older version had it. I only got the first interactions there.

One question, events are linked with days? Just want to know if I will not miss something if don't check every room every day.
Spoiler: show
I guess the new place is linked with you completing all the dojo encounters, because I got just after that
Hey avatarbr and also @MaoMao,

I checked the library menu - which is a mess and has ever been cause it overarchs so many stuff and I took a major turn on the meachnics there... Anyway. You're right! I messed up the menu... So I guess you even did not have access to the training sessions in the library? Did you? That would be a pitty.

https://mega.nz/file/cxpBxCiT#drvHXuv5E ... AhpOzoHWL4

Here are three *.rpy files you can use to replace the corresponding files in "Technical Forms\game" folder. I'll upload/replace the link to the whole version in my first post with a correct version for those who come after you. But for those who already downloaded the large file, the bug fix using the three tiny files might be the easier way to go. It's not a perfect solution as the menu still stays somewhat messy but I opted for a quick'n'dirty fix before more ppl download.

Even with the new files there are several steps necessary to get the holiday option:
You
1) must have visted the library at least one time before (okay that might be obvious)
2) became a library scholar/disciple (i.e. agreed on that) This is only possible from day 3 onwards but before day 15 (which should be way enough time). In case you are not yet a scholar after "the new place" the girl should provide you with that option.
4) your lessons are available after you agreed on being a disciple/scholar. Take them.
5) you have to do all lessons (roughly 7 - owl is last) before holiday is possible. In case you're only lacking a training session but are generally eligible for holiday... the library girl will hint you on that. Like "do some more lessons before we start to our holiday".
6) generally holiday is (obviously) only available after the competition

note: smoothest expierience is if you learned all lessons before the first competition. It's not mandatory though.

Then about your question on the new place dependencies. I'll also answer in a "spoiler".
The new place will happen after

Day 15 or later
AND visited the dojo 3 times or more
AND Had the event in the tearoom (roughly after day 11 with maybe other dependencies) with Nanako and your MIstress
AND Visited Nanako in the Onsen after that event
AND talked to your Mistress in the living room after you met Nanako in the Onsen
Last edited by richman2 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaoMao3974
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by MaoMao3974 »

richman2 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:02 pm

I checked the library menu - which is a mess and has ever been cause it overarchs so many stuff and I took a major turn on the meachnics there... Anyway. You're right! I messed up the menu... So I guess you even did not have access to the training sessions in the library? Did you? That would be a pitty.

https://mega.nz/file/cxpBxCiT#drvHXuv5E ... AhpOzoHWL4
Thats great, will download and add, i always liked that Holiday ;)

on my last play, i got to the new place completing arrival test....loving it all
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

richman2 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:02 pm

I don't know if it's a bug or I messed something here (maybe you changed when should happens), but in the Library I did not got the holidays or the lessons with the girl there. I know there are because the older version had it. I only got the first interactions there.

One question, events are linked with days? Just want to know if I will not miss something if don't check every room every day.
I guess the new place is linked with you completing all the dojo encounters, because I got just after that

Even with the new files there are several steps necessary to get the holiday option:

Then about your question on the new place dependencies. I'll also answer in a "spoiler".
Thanks...that worked.

Another question, probably impossible, but looking at the files I was thinking:

How hard would be to open for other people collaboration? Like, I want to create a encounter for the dojo, and that would play after all the official encounters already happened.

Would be possible to include a .rpy file and the images, if the game had a code for that? or the code need to be specific for a file?

Anyway, I was just thinking about the possibilities.
mandarynkorian
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mandarynkorian »

How hard would be to open for other people collaboration? Like, I want to create a encounter for the dojo, and that would play after all the official encounters already happened.

Would be possible to include a .rpy file and the images, if the game had a code for that? or the code need to be specific for a file?

The best way would be to store everything on github.
Use a branches and pull requests for that. All should be doable.
They will probably not accept audio/video/picture content, but there are different ways of storing that.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

avatarbr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:11 am

Thanks...that worked.

Another question, probably impossible, but looking at the files I was thinking:

I never used github and therefore don't know about the possibilities.

As for renpy itself that's basically very easy as file names/ file places and stuff doesn't matter at all. All .rpy files in the game folder go effectivly into one big file when the game is started. The reason I split it up in a bunge of files was only cause I needed orientation when I picked up the project (understand the code and its sections) and then wanted to keep a structure.

So, technically it's not that difficult as long as it should not interact the the main story, which would mean you needed dependencies, flags and things.

Imagine a place where repeatedly and randomly teases show up. Say the dojo (after all dediacted story-relevant teases there are done) everytime you visit.... or the intimate room or the pool.

In a say "new teases.rpy" file (just to keep the file seperate from the others but as I said that doesnt matter at all) someone could write a new tease for the dojo like

label new_dojotease1:
show newpic1 at truecenter with dissolve
code
return

As for the dojo (if I remember correctly) and some other places like the pool what happens is, it is just calling labels randomly from a list of labels. And renpy works in a way that it actually doesnt matter in which file something is written.

So say currently there would be in the dojo section (simplyfied and not in proper coding) something like "randomly select a label name from ("tease1", "tease2", "tease3") then call that label"

What then is to be done in case a third person had written the "new_dojotease1" in a new (or inside any) file is, the list in the dojo with available teases must be amended. Now being (tease1, tease2, tease3, new_dojotease1)

Something like that is pretty easy. Would only get more difficult in case you want to make it more sophisticated like "dont pick same tease twice in a row or on same day".

As for pics:
Providing pics (in case you don't want to use pics already used) is necessary but easy. Just make the pic available in a folder (name of the folder doesnt mater) and put the folder into the root/images folder. That's it. The names of the pics must match the names in code.

tl;dr
It is abolutely possible. And - came to my mind - slightly more elegant way than mentioned above: I could build, say in the dojo, a line of code at a "safe place" storywise (i.e. after all story relevant dojo teaes are done) saying
call newdojoteaseselection

In a (preferrably) new file named however you wish there would be:

label newdojoteaseselection:
randomly select from ("newtease1", newtease2",....)
call selected
return

And the third person who wants to contribute writes (preferrably) in this file (but could be any) his tease with a name. Like

label newtease9:
return

And adds "newtease9" to the list of available teases in the above shown list so that it is then ("newtease1", newtease2", newtease9") As you notice the file names dont matter only the label names matter and are called.

That's it.
Name of pics must match the code but no overly complex folder structure necessary. Name of folder also doesnt matter just put them in /root/game/images/YOURFOLDERNAME/
For collaboration one could also think of making a "collaboration folder" and put all new pics in there.
MaoMao3974
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MaoMao3974 »

richman2 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:23 pm
And the third person who wants to contribute writes (preferrably) in this file (but could be any) his tease with a name. Like
I'm very interested in the idea of being able to add some content into this game. Ive not Used RenPy before for editing but having a look over some of the code I feel relatively comfortable I could create something up.

My idea Richman2, would be anything I create I will direct IM you, so you can have a look over and see if it fits at all in one of your future releases. I've got a few ideas (that came to mind after reading recent comments on allowing others to contribute) that could make an interesting story arc and potentially allow ways for others to contribute as you mentioned in your last post.

No promises :) dependant on time and If things are as easy I'm hoping it initially seems. Will post when I have something.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

richman2 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:23 pm
As for renpy itself that's basically very easy as file names/ file places and stuff doesn't matter at all. All .rpy files in the game folder go effectivly into one big file when the game is started. The reason I split it up in a bunge of files was only cause I needed orientation when I picked up the project (understand the code and its sections) and then wanted to keep a structure.

So, technically it's not that difficult as long as it should not interact the the main story, which would mean you needed dependencies, flags and things.

Imagine a place where repeatedly and randomly teases show up. Say the dojo (after all dediacted story-relevant teases there are done) everytime you visit.... or the intimate room or the pool.

So say currently there would be in the dojo section (simplyfied and not in proper coding) something like "randomly select a label name from ("tease1", "tease2", "tease3") then call that label"

What then is to be done in case a third person had written the "new_dojotease1" in a new (or inside any) file is, the list in the dojo with available teases must be amended. Now being (tease1, tease2, tease3, new_dojotease1)

Something like that is pretty easy. Would only get more difficult in case you want to make it more sophisticated like "dont pick same tease twice in a row or on same day".

As for pics:
Providing pics (in case you don't want to use pics already used) is necessary but easy. Just make the pic available in a folder (name of the folder doesnt mater) and put the folder into the root/images folder. That's it. The names of the pics must match the names in code.

tl;dr
It is abolutely possible. And - came to my mind - slightly more elegant way than mentioned above: I could build, say in the dojo, a line of code at a "safe place" storywise (i.e. after all story relevant dojo teaes are done) saying
call newdojoteaseselection

In a (preferrably) new file named however you wish there would be:

label newdojoteaseselection:
randomly select from ("newtease1", newtease2",....)
call selected
return
Would be possible to call from another folder and let call without the list of files names?

What I was thinking, to make simple to add new content, is to have a folder (like \RNDdojo where anyone could upload a file with a tease, and the game would call a random file from this folder, without need to add ' randomly select from ("newtease1", newtease2",....) ' , just something like 'select from \RNDdojo\ *.rpy'

That way, the game code don't need to be changed if someone create a single tease do add to the dojo.

Anyway, I think I finished the tease (maybe I left something in the woods to finish yet) and was great. Thanks again.

A few things:
In the new temple/place, there are a lot of floors, but I think I just was able to visit 1 or 2. Did I missed something?

I did not understood the soapland thing? It's just the videos?

The vase thing, it's just precum collect/edging or will lead to something?

And why just 1 tease with Alisa? :lol:
Tommyy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tommyy »

I have problems with "Edgecount" fail messege keeps popping up. I am the only one with this problem?
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

MaoMao3974 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:57 pm
My idea Richman2, would be anything I create I will direct IM you, so you can have a look over and see if it fits at all in one of your future releases. I've got a few ideas (that came to mind after reading recent comments on allowing others to contribute) that could make an interesting story arc and potentially allow ways for others to contribute as you mentioned in your last post.

No promises :) dependant on time and If things are as easy I'm hoping it initially seems. Will post when I have something.
Sure! I myself will have only limted time going forward (that's why I targeted end of August for a release) but I'll look into in case you find the time.
I'll also DM you with some maybe helpful hints.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

avatarbr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:29 am

Would be possible to call from another folder and let call without the list of files names?

What I was thinking, to make simple to add new content, is to have a folder (like \RNDdojo where anyone could upload a file with a tease, and the game would call a random file from this folder, without need to add ' randomly select from ("newtease1", newtease2",....) ' , just something like 'select from \RNDdojo\ *.rpy'

That way, the game code don't need to be changed if someone create a single tease do add to the dojo.
Hey avatarbr - to my knowledge (which actually doesnt mean very much) - renpy doesnt call "files" or "filenames". I'm sure someone with sophisticated programming skills could do/build that. Would be a customized python code probably...

As renpy was explained to me is: It takes all *.rpy files whatsoever in the game folder and treats it as one single lenghty file. In case you want to jump around in that script or call something - what you call or jump to is "labels" within the code - not filenames. So if you have "filename1.rpy" with code inside, this code must begin with something like "label teasename:" and to start the code you write somewhere "call teasename" not "call filename1.rpy".

But as I said ppl smarter than me might be able to write some code to implement that. I remember some python code I copy/pasted to read all names of .*jpg files in a specified folder, make a list of expressions out of the names and then randomly show one of them. Sould be possible to modify it in a way that it reads all filenames (so filename1.rpy filename2.rpy ...) in a folder and makes "labels" out of that, then randomly calls one of those labels. Only condition left: the filename - say "filename1" - must then start its code with "label filename1"

EDIT: implemented...was easier than I thought, will describe in new post

Anyway, I think I finished the tease (maybe I left something in the woods to finish yet) and was great. Thanks again.

A few things:
In the new temple/place, there are a lot of floors, but I think I just was able to visit 1 or 2. Did I missed something?

I did not understood the soapland thing? It's just the videos?

The vase thing, it's just precum collect/edging or will lead to something?

And why just 1 tease with Alisa? :lol:
Will answer in spoiler too:
True some of the floors do not have any content. The rooftop terrace has, the garden room and the garden has. And the "soapland". The others ... I built them but then didnt want to make that second place to a second "temple" with too many rooms and places. Thought about deleting the options in the elevator but than I thought why not leaving some rooms without interaction there. I mean... in a game, I thought, it creates also some curiosity if you missed something? You'll check back... dont know how to put it but I felt it's a good idea to not give everything a well-known decesive function. And...maybe I'll work on the whole thing later and throw some teases inside.

The soapland: Yes it's only that. Sorry think about it as an easter egg. Found that vid randomly and it reminded my on own experience and had to laugh and smile so hard on this "training session" justed wanted to get that in :innocent: ... and experimented with coding for how to build vids in.

The vase: It could lead to a release granted by Shunka but as of now that is not yet implemented. there are other sidestories that could lead to a release by shunka so I didn't want to build too many chances with her just yet. But in the more distant future that was the idea.

For the woods, did you meet the girls living in the hut there? I built three or four teases with them. But the dependencies could be strong...like visted shrine multiple times, didnt release for some days and stuff. Plus an element of randomness to encounter them at all when walking to the shrine.
Last edited by richman2 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Tommyy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 am I have problems with "Edgecount" fail messege keeps popping up. I am the only one with this problem?
Mhh could you specify? Like what does it say? In which part does it occur? Always or just if you approach one specific place? Is it saying more something like "name/ variable/ ... doesnt exist/ couldnt find" or something else?
Don't have the files at hand currently. But it might be I used at one or two places capital letter for the variable (or didnt although the variable was defined like that) - which would produce an error. Or it did not get implemented properly at the beginning in script.rpy but instead "somewhere" in the script as default although needed before.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Alright, take this neat piece of code which can be called in case you enter the dojo:
label callnewdojotease:
init python:
def getRandomTease(subdir="."):
directory = "/".join([config.gamedir.replace("\\", "/"), "newteases", subdir])

modImageList= ["/".join([filename])
for filename in renpy.os.listdir(directory)
if filename.endswith((".rpy"))]
selectedtease = renpy.random.choice(modImageList)
selectedtease=selectedtease.replace(".rpy","")

return selectedtease

label newdojoteaseselect:

"A new dojotease will start{w=1}{nw}"

scene bg_black
call expression getRandomTease("dojotease")
"this is the end"
return
What it allows is:
in the /game folder you now have a "newteases" folder. And subfolders for newteases/dojoteases and newteases/poolteases and what you like.

say someone writes a dojotease. He names the file say mydojotease.rpy, writes his code which must start with label mydojotease and must end with return: and places the file in the newteases/dojoteases folder. That's it.

In case you enter the dojo and all story-relevant teases are done the command
call callnewdojotease

will randomly call a dojotease "file" from the newteases/dojoteases folder

Same goes for entering the pool area with
call callnewpooltease
which calls a randomly choses tease"file" from /newteases/poolteases folder

same could be done for other places

New pictures should be put in a folder named however you want and stored in /images. So images/mydojotease/pic1..2...3...jpg

I'll implement the "interface" for dojocalls in the next version.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

richman2 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am

Alright, take this neat piece of code which can be called in case you enter the dojo:

New pictures should be put in a folder named however you want and stored in /images. So images/mydojotease/pic1..2...3...jpg

I'll implement the "interface" for dojocalls in the next version.
That is great. I was not really thinking in make anything too elaborated.

Just wanted to add a few encounters to 'populate' some rooms. Just to encourage exploration, and maybe slow down the story ( I think I rushed to fast the story part).

I will take a look at some of the files and see if I find one good to be a 'template'
Tommyy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tommyy »

richman2 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm
Tommyy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 am I have problems with "Edgecount" fail messege keeps popping up. I am the only one with this problem?
Mhh could you specify? Like what does it say? In which part does it occur? Always or just if you approach one specific place? Is it saying more something like "name/ variable/ ... doesnt exist/ couldnt find" or something else?
Don't have the files at hand currently. But it might be I used at one or two places capital letter for the variable (or didnt although the variable was defined like that) - which would produce an error. Or it did not get implemented properly at the beginning in script.rpy but instead "somewhere" in the script as default although needed before.
I will make a screenshot next time it appears