DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Errant_
Explorer
Explorer

Re: DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Post by Errant_ »

Hmm, I tried to install Patch 2, but whenever I start a new game, it takes me to what I assume is the end of the game (there's a chest, talks about "End of part 1", and it allows me to start a New Game +, but that just takes me back to the endgame again)... Any ideas?
oats71
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by oats71 »

Errant_ wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:27 am Hmm, I tried to install Patch 2, but whenever I start a new game, it takes me to what I assume is the end of the game (there's a chest, talks about "End of part 1", and it allows me to start a New Game +, but that just takes me back to the endgame again)... Any ideas?
Yes, this was problem which is fixed now. You’ll have to redownload. Unfortunately there’s no way to patch the game so I need to upload the whole game for every fix.
--Oats--
Swordfish
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Swordfish »

Wow man this looks really amazing! I've been looking forward to this since I saw the alpha. It was such a great concept and a nice choice of models.

As for bugs I found myself stuck at day 6 at the entrance of Destiny's house. I have no idea why and even loading a previous save had the same results. I suppose it's a dialogue box that for some reason doesn't get triggered. Also before that point the only remaining quests in the journal were the disk one and the theater one. No quest about Destiny.

Thank you again, the game was really up my alley until this point!
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

markus wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:22 pm ...

Keep it up and best greetings,
Markus
Thanks for the kind words Markus. I have been more or less a lurker here at Milovana for many years, and I've enjoyed plenty work from the authors here. Actually putting something out is something else. I think I will try to be a bit more vocal, and particularly not hold back on my praise of the good effort and work put into these teases etc.
--Oats--
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Swordfish wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:38 pm Wow man this looks really amazing! I've been looking forward to this since I saw the alpha. It was such a great concept and a nice choice of models.

As for bugs I found myself stuck at day 6 at the entrance of Destiny's house. I have no idea why and even loading a previous save had the same results. I suppose it's a dialogue box that for some reason doesn't get triggered. Also before that point the only remaining quests in the journal were the disk one and the theater one. No quest about Destiny.

Thank you again, the game was really up my alley until this point!
That's great to hear!!
I think I know what caused the bug, It should be fixed in the current version. I don't think there's a way for you to get past it at this point, sorry. But I will put up some codes to unlock some cool items which can help you get back to that point faster.
That should be up in a moment.

BTW, how did you find the rate and difficulty of random encounters.
I did increase the number of steps in the lates version, so on average you should get fewer of them.
--Oats--
Cooldogephone
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Cooldogephone »

Works perfectly for me. No issues with picture sets. Haven't tried all the wallpapers, but I don't really care about them to be honest. I'm about an hour in and am in the dream after the second day. I'll probably be playing through the whole thing. Enjoying so far.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

I have given it a try and so far it is really nice and interesting indeed, though i still have the problem with the "usefultiles.png" file on a win10 pc; i downloaded the latest version but still it gives me the error saying it can't find the file (the problem is the space at the start of the filename, which gets removed by win10)
Swordfish
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Swordfish »

oats71 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:54 pm That's great to hear!!
I think I know what caused the bug, It should be fixed in the current version. I don't think there's a way for you to get past it at this point, sorry. But I will put up some codes to unlock some cool items which can help you get back to that point faster.

I did increase the number of steps in the lates version, so on average you should get fewer of them.
I tried the old save file in the new version and it worked, so there was no need to start a new game. Thank you!

The random encounters were maybe a bit too frequent but not so difficult, at least for now. And most of the times there was the option to run away, so they didn't bother me much.

I'll let you know if I find more bugs when I have time to play again. For now it's an awesome game, keep it going!!

Edit: I just remembered, somewhere there was an error for a missing picture, it was something like ManualBlank, and there was a missing space, I had to change the file name to get rid of the error.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Daragorn wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:31 am I have given it a try and so far it is really nice and interesting indeed, though i still have the problem with the "usefultiles.png" file on a win10 pc; i downloaded the latest version but still it gives me the error saying it can't find the file (the problem is the space at the start of the filename, which gets removed by win10)
Can you tell me where you encounter the useful tiles error? Did you try the 7-zip workaround to fix the issue?
--Oats--
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

oats71 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:26 pm
Daragorn wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:31 am I have given it a try and so far it is really nice and interesting indeed, though i still have the problem with the "usefultiles.png" file on a win10 pc; i downloaded the latest version but still it gives me the error saying it can't find the file (the problem is the space at the start of the filename, which gets removed by win10)
Can you tell me where you encounter the useful tiles error? Did you try the 7-zip workaround to fix the issue?
Yes i tried it but, i don't know why when i try to follow that procedure my 7zip gives me an error message and doesn't let me do that....so for me it's no solution sadly.
I had that error when trying to enter a tower looking place in dreamland.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Swordfish wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:51 pm
oats71 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:54 pm That's great to hear!!

I tried the old save file in the new version and it worked, so there was no need to start a new game. Thank you!

The random encounters were maybe a bit too frequent but not so difficult, at least for now. And most of the times there was the option to run away, so they didn't bother me much.

I'll let you know if I find more bugs when I have time to play again. For now it's an awesome game, keep it going!!

Edit: I just remembered, somewhere there was an error for a missing picture, it was something like ManualBlank, and there was a missing space, I had to change the file name to get rid of the error.
That's great. How did you use the old save on the new version? Did you do anything in particular to transfer your saves from the old to newer version, or were your saves just there when you started the new game? This would be very good to know for people who are stuck and don't want to have to replay again with a new version.
--Oats--
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

pinksly wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:37 pm how can i disable the metronome ? I used the piano somewhere and i keep hearing it... it's a bit annoying ? other than that, i like the game

edit : nevermind. it fixed it
edit 2 : nevermind again, i thought i fixed it but i keep hearing them on the battles non-stop...
So, you hear the metronomes but only during the battles yes?
Once the metronome is turned on, this is intentional. But with the metronome app (In the latest version), you can turn off the metronomes so they should not run during battles anymore. You should get the metronome app ...
Spoiler: show
on the Day 7 Dream, after the advanced Technical Forms. POssibly somewhere else too, but I don't remember.
--Oats--
Cooldogephone
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Cooldogephone »

Questions / Notices

1) Haven't fully tested yet, but with the quite boot option it doesn't seem to load pictures into the computer

2) I'm on day 4 dream sequence... However, I still haven't gotten the metronome. Am I missing something? Does this come later in the game. FOR CLARITY: the metronome did work during the first auditions.

---

I will be doing a more in-depth/review of the game once I get further along and actually see where this develops. So far I really like the concept. I really like the battle. I like the mix of styles aesthetically. I'm not a Hentai guy myself, but there is something for everyone... I like the photo-set collection side game, incentives exploring... Combat is fun and unique, but I haven't got far enough to understand what the later game is going to be like.

However, the photo-set viewer leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. That's the only real negative I have so far. It takes a while to flip through all of the photos, so if you want to see the new photos you just got in a big set... gotta flip through the one's you've seen a bunch. I sometimes like the slideshow, but I would also like the option to either make my own playlist (probably harder to code and a hassle) OR to have some sort of grid view or option to start the slide show at a specific image number. ADDITIONALLY A SMALL BUG! The photo set doesn't start at zero, so you have to go around the horn to view the 0th image... which was a pain when I figured it out because I had to cycle through all of the sets just to see what that one was.
Cooldogephone
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Cooldogephone »

EDIT: I'm an idiot, walked into town, got the metronome tutorial
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Cooldogephone wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:34 pm Questions / Notices

1) Haven't fully tested yet, but with the quite boot option it doesn't seem to load pictures into the computer

2) I'm on day 4 dream sequence... However, I still haven't gotten the metronome. Am I missing something? Does this come later in the game. FOR CLARITY: the metronome did work during the first auditions.

---

I will be doing a more in-depth/review of the game once I get further along and actually see where this develops. So far I really like the concept. I really like the battle. I like the mix of styles aesthetically. I'm not a Hentai guy myself, but there is something for everyone... I like the photo-set collection side game, incentives exploring... Combat is fun and unique, but I haven't got far enough to understand what the later game is going to be like.

However, the photo-set viewer leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. That's the only real negative I have so far. It takes a while to flip through all of the photos, so if you want to see the new photos you just got in a big set... gotta flip through the one's you've seen a bunch. I sometimes like the slideshow, but I would also like the option to either make my own playlist (probably harder to code and a hassle) OR to have some sort of grid view or option to start the slide show at a specific image number. ADDITIONALLY A SMALL BUG! The photo set doesn't start at zero, so you have to go around the horn to view the 0th image... which was a pain when I figured it out because I had to cycle through all of the sets just to see what that one was.
The Quiet Boot option should still load the pictures, but it doesn't tell you, that's the quiet part.
If you think it's not actually loading them, let me know, but it should still be loading the database.

Also yes, the Metronome tutorial starts Metronome play, but if you wanted to start the metronome earlier, you can activate it by playing the piano in the theater room at school before the tutorial.
--Oats--