Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Legend of the Psyons - Closed pre-alpha tester feedback & bug reporting

Post by Dolgian »

Hey Nocnoc,

If you need more testers I am in.
I can do 4-6 h per week of testing
I built my DIY almost a year ago and am looking for new content anyway
I am knowledgeable in RPG (cleared Naxx dec 13 on wow classic, played ff14, elder scrolls, etc.)

Let me know if you can hook me up, am willing to test the less tested first (mage?)

best regards,
ILuvPlanes208
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ILuvPlanes208 »

I misspoke earlier and had it backwards. The graveyard stim is nearly nonexistent compared to the town. (2B)

Wishing well is showing up twice in my quests.

In the text advancing to level 4 Rogue, text says “There data” instead of “Their data”.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

So by now I've traveled every available grid square in the graveyard, finished a few quests, and ran the well maze through to the end. Game process-wise, the code is solid, and nothing bugged or glitched out except for when I open the Console in full screen mode at the first space in the graveyard. Tease reloads.

Mechanics wise, I stick by the earlier posts about the starting curve being a bit too steep. Once you do level up skills, it gets a bit easier, but I still think the settings and barriers are pretty high. Might help if XP was flat for the first 5 levels and didn't increase? Bigger awards for each leveled up skill? Trying to think of solutions that don't take you back to the drawing board.

Going to spend the next session, probably tomorrow or Thursday, to do the panty raid. As far as I can tell, that's all there is left for me to do in this release - other quests aren't in-game yet. I'll probably do some more play testing in the other classes, but I wanted to do a complete run to check bugs and glitches - solid work, friend!
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by nocnoc »

ILuvPlanes208 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 pm I misspoke earlier and had it backwards. The graveyard stim is nearly nonexistent compared to the town. (2B)

Wishing well is showing up twice in my quests.

In the text advancing to level 4 Rogue, text says “There data” instead of “Their data”.
The graveyard pleasure sound uses a very fast pulse that the 2B doesn't pick up. That box in particular will likely need custom sound files. Knowing which ones need replacing will be important. Four pleasure files and four punish files can all be tested in the fine-tune page. If someone has a DIY and a 2B, they could report which ones work on the 2B. I think someone found 2B settings that worked in the graveyard if I recall.

Which wishing well quest showed up twice? Are you sure it was the exact same quest? What was the title?
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

throwawayacct wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:44 pm So by now I've traveled every available grid square in the graveyard, finished a few quests, and ran the well maze through to the end. Game process-wise, the code is solid, and nothing bugged or glitched out except for when I open the Console in full screen mode at the first space in the graveyard. Tease reloads.

Mechanics wise, I stick by the earlier posts about the starting curve being a bit too steep. Once you do level up skills, it gets a bit easier, but I still think the settings and barriers are pretty high. Might help if XP was flat for the first 5 levels and didn't increase? Bigger awards for each leveled up skill? Trying to think of solutions that don't take you back to the drawing board.

Going to spend the next session, probably tomorrow or Thursday, to do the panty raid. As far as I can tell, that's all there is left for me to do in this release - other quests aren't in-game yet. I'll probably do some more play testing in the other classes, but I wanted to do a complete run to check bugs and glitches - solid work, friend!
It sounds like you are a skilled gamer having progressed farther than any other as far as I can tell. Interesting that you found the panty raid quest. Impressive.

Leveling and Loot: I may lower the first xp requirement to 50 and may boost a few starting skills of each class a few points in skills that that class should be good at. I may also give a second learning boost skill to each class. Perhaps precision for the rogue. That should help a lot. I fully expected to have to do a lot of fiddling with such things. I'll boost drops a bit and also add an item enchantment to boost loot, much like the gold boost. That update will break current saves.

Bugs: Looking into the reset bug from the console in the graveyard starting location will be my top priority when I get back from vacation.

Combat: I'll look into creating a third combat option called ultra-fast or something and I may also add an additional game option called combat banter to reduce or eliminate the self thought text such as "That pose is so erotic" and the comments that the Psyon will sometimes make. That should help combat flow better for you. I would never play on that mode, but I understand that some like fast combat. I'm not sure I understand your suggestion to reduce clicking during combat? Do you mean an AI autocombat? I could probably do that, but I'm not sure many would want that feature? Opinions?

Has anyone figured out how to make a wish yet?
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I fixed a few of the spelling errors that were reported. I'll be working on some other things when I return from vacation. Some updates may break some saved data. I'll post when that is likely. The game also has some logic to help assess the save data risk when you load an nonmatching version.
Last edited by nocnoc on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

That zone uses pleasure sound 2
Can confirm that this file doesn't register on the 2b.
bobross235
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bobross235 »

Hi,

just a very quick note for other 2B users.

I usually set my PC volume to ~80 and my 2B to ~8 for other teases. That way an increase of volume within the tease by a few procent (like in the Faraday project) has a bigger effect.

For Legend of the Psyons the experience was much better the other way around. Setting PC volume to ~50 and increasing the 2B to ~16. That way the city, all torture and combat scenes worked quite well. The normal graveyard sounds are still a problem.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Had the time to make a 3h run on the game today.
First a big thanks, that looks really amazing!
And I only can imagine how much time this took... all that writing and the logic behind the game must be days of work!
You definitely jumped on a next level of eos teases with that boy!

I have no experience with those kind of round based games but a lot with rpg games, so the most stuff was very familiar.
Not sure if the manual has to be this much text, I guess people who have no ideas about rpgs get really fast lost.

I like the idea of combining estim with games, but for my personal preference I like to keep it waaay more easy.
Enjoying estim is for me the first priority instead of gameplay, so I would like this way more simple and having more estim action instead of story story and story before you even start.

I picked in my first run easy combat difficulty and a rough as class.
The first battle was against that lvl2 rough woman on the graveyard... what should I say... I died! :lol:
Don't know if I had the ultimative unlucky rolls of all time but nearly all arrows of me missed and I ran out of arrows.
Then I tried to get closer on meele range and tried to punsh her... again 90% miss rate?

So next try... as a warrior because I don't wanted again a class which needs stuff to make dmg... just a simple sword which is able to attack.
This worked a lot better but some of the fights specially again against that lvl 2 woman where a lot of moving backward - forward loop.
Not sure if this is/was broken or is this planned to happen that 3 times in a row the only thing that I can to is to move forward and the enemy is moving backward again... so I have to wait until the enemy fails moving back.

I had also two meetings with that elite necromancer on the graveyard... was lvl 2 at the second time... at the end of the battle I wasn't able to make even any dmg because the rota of the enemy was attack and moving backward again, all the time.
So to make dmg I needed two successful rolls on moving forward + not missing the attack... this missed around 10times in a row... than I died. :rolleyes:
I had full Health/energy + the epic attackspell item stolen from the woman who can heal me and had no chance on lvl 2.

Not sure if I'm just to stupid for the gameplay but I would like to see that, when I pick easy difficulty (to enjoy the story) I won't struggle that much please. :-D
Not sure if someone who has absolutely no idea of rpgs will get any big success in the game.

I would also like to see a continue button when you die, maybe add one at easy difficulty?
Could be added with some gold loss and teleport to the temple for healing, it's really annoying to load a game again just because I ran again in that elite enemy... because to ran away fails also nearly 100% when you are lvl 1? So this is a guaranty death as a warrior to find that elite enemy in the first 1-2 hours?

So my request, please make the easy difficulty a loooot more easier.
Or add another noob difficulty for people like me. :innocent:

On the other hand I really liked the fights, the idea to combine the dmg with estim is amazing!!!
Really fearing about any dmg to be critical, what only happend two times.

The estim signals are also amazing, the calibration and levels of all files works perfectly!
The idea of making a calibration for different categories... superb!!!
I have a DIY unit and set the computer volume to 80% instead of the recommended 50%.
I had no crashes or other problems, only when you create a save file the browser (firefox) will freeze for around 5sec.

But my really endboss of the game was the quest of getting the 3 raven feathers.
I had 2 of 3 after I tried it on around 15? Running in the same enemies again and again in that time.
I have still no idea if I have to do something specially or is this just 100% random luck based?
Same here... please make this WAY more easier when you select easy as difficulty. :innocent:

I wasn't able to finish this quest within the 3 hours and lost kind of fun at the game at that moment.
But I will return after you told me how the raven really work and what I'm doing wrong. :lol:

I ran a lot times out of AP while moving to find the ravens, also kind of annoying to just sit there and wait until the ap regeneration will work.
I would reduce the needed movement AP a lot on easy too, to make it more easy to enjoy the game.

Another thing that would add some more fun and should be really easy to add is more variation with the pictures.
As said I ran again and again in the same enemys, I think I have seen hat level 1 zombie around 10 times in the 3 hours and had all the time the same 10 pictures.
Adding a few more galeries of different woman would be cool. ;-)

At the end I just tried some fun stuff in the city... tried to steel at the armory shop.
I really like the idea but same thing here... the consequences are around 20sec pain files over 3-5min reading text.
Reading all the text without any changes in the estim files was kind of more pain that the short pain estim sections.
So I would like to see more estim interaction when you try to tell a story that long.

The story and writing is amazing!
Hope that all doesn't sound to bad, just wrote more about the things I noticed that I don't like. :rolleyes:

So at the end... thanks again for that amazing work!
I will provide more feedback when I get my next chance to start a ride.
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
phoopha
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by phoopha »

bobross235 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:14 am Hi,

just a very quick note for other 2B users.

I usually set my PC volume to ~80 and my 2B to ~8 for other teases. That way an increase of volume within the tease by a few procent (like in the Faraday project) has a bigger effect.

For Legend of the Psyons the experience was much better the other way around. Setting PC volume to ~50 and increasing the 2B to ~16. That way the city, all torture and combat scenes worked quite well. The normal graveyard sounds are still a problem.
That's what I do too.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

nocnoc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:00 pm
throwawayacct wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:44 pm So by now I've traveled every available grid square in the graveyard, finished a few quests, and ran the well maze through to the end. Game process-wise, the code is solid, and nothing bugged or glitched out except for when I open the Console in full screen mode at the first space in the graveyard. Tease reloads.

It sounds like you are a skilled gamer having progressed farther than any other as far as I can tell. Interesting that you found the panty raid quest. Impressive.

Leveling and Loot: I may lower the first xp requirement to 50 and may boost a few starting skills of each class a few points in skills that that class should be good at. I may also give a second learning boost skill to each class. Perhaps precision for the rogue. That should help a lot. I fully expected to have to do a lot of fiddling with such things. I'll boost drops a bit and also add an item enchantment to boost loot, much like the gold boost. That update will break current saves.

Bugs: Looking into the reset bug from the console in the graveyard starting location will be my top priority when I get back from vacation.

Combat: I'll look into creating a third combat option called ultra-fast or something and I may also add an additional game option called combat banter to reduce or eliminate the self thought text such as "That pose is so erotic" and the comments that the Psyon will sometimes make. That should help combat flow better for you. I would never play on that mode, but I understand that some like fast combat. I'm not sure I understand your suggestion to reduce clicking during combat? Do you mean an AI autocombat? I could probably do that, but I'm not sure many would want that feature? Opinions?

Has anyone figured out how to make a wish yet?
Skilled gamer, lol. No, I cheated to level up skills and stuff so I could pass intelligence and sneak checks. I'm guessing the raid is based on a sneak rating?

Regarding the reset, I'm playing in a Chrome private window, no script or ad blockers.

I'm figuring out the wishes...stumbled into it. I'm the tedious loot-every-crate and look-at-everything gamer.

Each line in the combat screens (or many of them) have an interaction option, the click-arrow, and pauses briefly before moving onto the next line. Clicking speeds up each line, basically.
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dolgian »

So yesterday I played for an hour or so.

Pretty good experience so far, I took the mage since i did not see many ppl here take it.
my settings were as follow: pleasure 35-45-55, pain 60-67.5-75
had positive on cock heard, neutral on cock base, and bipolar butt plug.

I brought back the cat, killed a couple psyons and graverobbers and got lvl 2.

heres my first impression:
-I would never be able to get an orgasm like this, I would have liked to be able to put the low pain below the high pleasure, that way, I could set the overall pleasure higher without having the pain too high.
-regarding that first point, one of the reason why I would set pain a little lower: the graverobbers trowing knife, it hurts way too much!! At least compared to the pleasure level, so if I were to put the pleasure high enough to have a challenge of not coming, the pain would be WAY too high from the knife.
-the psyons should have pleasure spells that triggers the high pleasure setting for a long amount of time, so you could maybe "die" this way?
-why wouldnt you be able to have an extra necklace in your inventory? i would have like to be able to sell extra things i found :-D
-the files used in the graveyard are nor pleasurable, nor painfull, not sure if others agree, I couldn stay hard, and it didn hurt much.

Next time, I will try different setups of triphase: p-nn-p, n-pn-p, n-n-pp, and I will let you know if those feel better.

great job so far! keep the good work.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I have been unable to reproduce this bug. Perhaps you could see if it is a consistent bug on your end? Can anyone else reproduce this? I have two thoughts. Perhaps it was related to using the cheat console. There are a few ways that some cheats used at the wrong time could cause some issues. Chromebooks have fairly limited memory, and I wonder if that could be causing a problem. The game doesn't run on my Kindle Fire for example.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

nocnoc wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:06 pm
I have been unable to reproduce this bug. Perhaps you could see if it is a consistent bug on your end? Can anyone else reproduce this? I have two thoughts. Perhaps it was related to using the cheat console. There are a few ways that some cheats used at the wrong time could cause some issues. Chromebooks have fairly limited memory, and I wonder if that could be causing a problem. The game doesn't run on my Kindle Fire for example.

I tried to recreate it and could not reliably. It seems like a situation where if I'm in full screen (incognito) and key-command for the console window, it 2/5 times will change out of full screen and reset the tease. Only seemed to happen right after entering the graveyard, I tried to get it to trigger in/outside the cathedral, by the well, in the well tunnels, and in the Temple. I'm incognitio Chrome and on a 2014 MBP running 10.15.7 Catalina - not upgrading until Apple guarantees Big Sur won't brick my work machine.

All in all, I'd call it a really minor issue - low-priority bug. There's so much else you've done and have intended to tweak, I would put this along the lines of Witcher3's horse-on-the-house glitch - no big deal. Games now are SO BIG and have so much stuff, expecting things to be perfect is just unrealistic. Even an army of play testers isn't going to break things the same way millions of gamers will. Can't predict every single misuse of a product...
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

lolol2 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:31 pm Had the time to make a 3h run on the game today.
First a big thanks, that looks really amazing!
And I only can imagine how much time this took... all that writing and the logic behind the game must be days of work!
You definitely jumped on a next level of eos teases with that boy!

I have no experience with those kind of round based games but a lot with rpg games, so the most stuff was very familiar.
Not sure if the manual has to be this much text, I guess people who have no ideas about rpgs get really fast lost.

I like the idea of combining estim with games, but for my personal preference I like to keep it waaay more easy.
Enjoying estim is for me the first priority instead of gameplay, so I would like this way more simple and having more estim action instead of story story and story before you even start.

I picked in my first run easy combat difficulty and a rough as class.
The first battle was against that lvl2 rough woman on the graveyard... what should I say... I died! :lol:
Don't know if I had the ultimative unlucky rolls of all time but nearly all arrows of me missed and I ran out of arrows.
Then I tried to get closer on meele range and tried to punsh her... again 90% miss rate?

So next try... as a warrior because I don't wanted again a class which needs stuff to make dmg... just a simple sword which is able to attack.
This worked a lot better but some of the fights specially again against that lvl 2 woman where a lot of moving backward - forward loop.
Not sure if this is/was broken or is this planned to happen that 3 times in a row the only thing that I can to is to move forward and the enemy is moving backward again... so I have to wait until the enemy fails moving back.

I had also two meetings with that elite necromancer on the graveyard... was lvl 2 at the second time... at the end of the battle I wasn't able to make even any dmg because the rota of the enemy was attack and moving backward again, all the time.
So to make dmg I needed two successful rolls on moving forward + not missing the attack... this missed around 10times in a row... than I died. :rolleyes:
I had full Health/energy + the epic attackspell item stolen from the woman who can heal me and had no chance on lvl 2.

Not sure if I'm just to stupid for the gameplay but I would like to see that, when I pick easy difficulty (to enjoy the story) I won't struggle that much please. :-D
Not sure if someone who has absolutely no idea of rpgs will get any big success in the game.

I would also like to see a continue button when you die, maybe add one at easy difficulty?
Could be added with some gold loss and teleport to the temple for healing, it's really annoying to load a game again just because I ran again in that elite enemy... because to ran away fails also nearly 100% when you are lvl 1? So this is a guaranty death as a warrior to find that elite enemy in the first 1-2 hours?

So my request, please make the easy difficulty a loooot more easier.
Or add another noob difficulty for people like me. :innocent:

On the other hand I really liked the fights, the idea to combine the dmg with estim is amazing!!!
Really fearing about any dmg to be critical, what only happend two times.

The estim signals are also amazing, the calibration and levels of all files works perfectly!
The idea of making a calibration for different categories... superb!!!
I have a DIY unit and set the computer volume to 80% instead of the recommended 50%.
I had no crashes or other problems, only when you create a save file the browser (firefox) will freeze for around 5sec.

But my really endboss of the game was the quest of getting the 3 raven feathers.
I had 2 of 3 after I tried it on around 15? Running in the same enemies again and again in that time.
I have still no idea if I have to do something specially or is this just 100% random luck based?
Same here... please make this WAY more easier when you select easy as difficulty. :innocent:

I wasn't able to finish this quest within the 3 hours and lost kind of fun at the game at that moment.
But I will return after you told me how the raven really work and what I'm doing wrong. :lol:

I ran a lot times out of AP while moving to find the ravens, also kind of annoying to just sit there and wait until the ap regeneration will work.
I would reduce the needed movement AP a lot on easy too, to make it more easy to enjoy the game.

Another thing that would add some more fun and should be really easy to add is more variation with the pictures.
As said I ran again and again in the same enemys, I think I have seen hat level 1 zombie around 10 times in the 3 hours and had all the time the same 10 pictures.
Adding a few more galeries of different woman would be cool. ;-)

At the end I just tried some fun stuff in the city... tried to steel at the armory shop.
I really like the idea but same thing here... the consequences are around 20sec pain files over 3-5min reading text.
Reading all the text without any changes in the estim files was kind of more pain that the short pain estim sections.
So I would like to see more estim interaction when you try to tell a story that long.

The story and writing is amazing!
Hope that all doesn't sound to bad, just wrote more about the things I noticed that I don't like. :rolleyes:

So at the end... thanks again for that amazing work!
I will provide more feedback when I get my next chance to start a ride.
I will soon push out an update to boost starting stats a bit and make easy mode impact the class specific bonus damage. It will also impact starting gold, but your interactions with the queen will also impact this. Hard mode will also get a bit harder, but not by much. I will also give each class a second learning boost and lower the first xp needed for level 2 to 50 (instead of 100). I'll also nerf the grave robber just a bit. This won't break saves, but won't show up until you start a new game.

The second update will increase loot and add items for enhancing loot drops, much like the gold boosts. This will break saves.

Combat hints:
- Keep in mind that all games have a learning curve, and this being an old-school RPG, it is higher than most modern games. All can be completed on hard mode with enough practice, but I realize that I have a huge advantage as the creator.

- Use teleportation potions a bit like lives. The near death penalty is just that you go back to the wishing well. Use Mya to heal for free.

- Distance impacts retreat and hit chances. Never try to retreat at distance 1 and only at 2 in the most dire circumstances. Invest in speed on your first level up, as it is hard to retreat from a faster enemy. The game will eventually have more potions and spells to help with distance management. The warrior also has the special charge attack.

- AP can be replenished outside of combat cheaply by consuming some types of food. Check Lia's shop often and chests and barrels and crates.

- Never have just one main weapon if it has ammo. You should also have at least one ranged weapon. Thus the rogue should consider getting a sword or dagger before venturing out and the warrior and mage should consider getting a cheap starting bow.
Raven hints:
Normally, you roll against a very high sneak check to grab a raven. You can do three things (all, some or none) of the following to reduce the "enemy" roll. You can lay out birdseed found in Lia's shop. This has the biggest impact. You can also enter stealth travel mode and can talk to the bird to calm it. There is still a chance to fail. Invest in sneak to help.
Don't judge variety based on the starting zone. Like many games, it is just meant to be a learning zone. The southern graveyard only features the zombie and grave robber. They were carefully selected to teach melee combat and ranged combat. The grave robber being level 2 makes her a lot tougher. I'm going to make her a bit easier, but she is there to teach the importance of speed and distance in some cases. They each have 5 vanilla pictures. To make an enemy requires about a page of data in the engine and the monster pic and the 5 x-rated pics, so it is a lot of work. In the northern graveyard you can also find two other regular enemies (skeletal warriors and phantasms) and the level one elite necromancer. The deepest crypts feature an elite liche. There is also a one-time unique boss guarding the cathedral. There are also two other combat zones, one finished, one just started. Future higher level enemies will have bigger galleries and get into sex acts and fetishes. I like building up to that. Some of my favorite teases have hardly shown a nipple until the end. :w00t:

Although I want estim and femdom to be tightly integrated with the game, this project was always designed as an RPG with adult estim themes, not the other way around. Personally, I get more aroused by a good story and my imagination than any estim. (Perhaps I'm estimming wrong! :-D ) With that said, those looking for less reading and more action will enjoy the brothel that I have planned. It will be located in norther Domitrix. There will be three girls to pick, each with multiple huge galleries with themes that you can select and pleasure files and perhaps a few punishment files. The idea is that you are drifting off into your memories. The cheapest will offer body part themes, the mid tier will feature sex acts and the expensive option will feature various fetishes.

Happy new year everyone!
Last edited by nocnoc on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.