Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

Post by supermokkori »

Nomios wrote:Assistance please?

From what I've read, "set" and "unset" commands stack. I've tried to code specific circumstances to unlock only after fulfilling certain actions. So at the beginning of my script, I have the card "set" on two separate pages. However when testing, it has only required one "unset" to unlock the option in the range, when it should require two. :\'-(

Should I switch to a "must" format instead, for pages that have multiple unlocking criteria?

- Nomios
Hey Nomios :wave:

Nezhul could probably help you out better, but I've always used the "must" command, as opposed to "set". You probably know this already, but Nyx is funky when testing "set" commands within its Preview mode.
Nomios
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nomios »

The "must" command presents it's own challenge. I have about 5 or 6 of these double locked cards, even with the "mult" command you can only couch two functions per card. I suppose I could work around it by breaking them up into multiple ranges with the "must" command locks, and have a delayed redirect if all options are locked.

One question, if I have a "must" condition on a card, would I be able to use the "set" command to fulfill that requirement, without the player having to physcially view the required page? Goodness, that's a confusing sentence. There must be abtter way to put that.

- Nomios
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

If I understand correctly you are trying to "set" a page twice and want it to get only available after unsetting it twice?
That's not the way the set and unset commands work. A page can be set or unset, it doesn't matter how often you set or unset the page. The last set or unset command decides if the page is set or not.

Maybe you could use two hidden pages to get this feature.
page1# and page2# have a 0sec delay and a range command
page3# is the page where you get if page2# isn't unset
page4# is the page where you get if page5# isn't unset
page5# is the page you get when both pages are unset.

page1#: range(2,3,'page')
page2#: range(4,5,'page')

In the beginning page2# and page5# are set and page3# and page4# are unset. On one page you have to unset page2# and to set page3# and on another page you have to unset page5# and to set page4#.
So only if you visit both pages before you'll get to page5# when you reach page1#.

I hope I could help you a little bit :-)
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
eMKa888
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eMKa888 »

Hey ,

I have the TeaseMe app however i cannot use it to create my own teases.
I was wondering how you guys were creating your webteases (flash)

I tried to use the Nyx app once however it doesnt seem to save anything ...
Does anyone have a download link for me to download the good app.

Is anyone using something else to create flashteases?
I would love to make some teases ... however i dont know how yet
Always love to chat with like minded people - feel free to drop me an email
eMKa888
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eMKa888 »

Never mind,

I found the solution to this .
I used the nyx program and i succeeded easily in creating a first flashtease.

just make sure you dont use internet explorer as it wont work that well
When using firefox it went rather quickly
Always love to chat with like minded people - feel free to drop me an email
Stair_Car
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stair_Car »

I'm trying to put a picture on the panel on the right. The tutorial says you can do this, and provides this example:

1#page('<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FF66CC" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Its a one, that means that you dont get to cum
today. Poor boy *smiles*. Feel free to try your luck again tommorow, Ill be here. Oh, and take those clamps off.</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("no-016.jpg"),
horiz(
vert(
pic("dice1.jpg"),
buttons(endplayfulnocum#,"Ok")
)
)
);

However, when I try this, nothing appears in the panel. Here is the script, with the actual text changed to avoid spoilers:

B12#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">“text text text text”</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("picturepicture.jpg"),
horiz(
vert(
pic("picturepicturepicture.jpg"),
delay(10sec, B13#,style:hidden)
)
)
);

I've been staring at this for half an hour now, and I just can't figure out what's wrong. It seems perfect. Can anyone help?
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

Stair_Car wrote:
Spoiler: show
I'm trying to put a picture on the panel on the right. The tutorial says you can do this, and provides this example:

1#page('<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FF66CC" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Its a one, that means that you dont get to cum
today. Poor boy *smiles*. Feel free to try your luck again tommorow, Ill be here. Oh, and take those clamps off.</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("no-016.jpg"),
horiz(
vert(
pic("dice1.jpg"),
buttons(endplayfulnocum#,"Ok")
)
)
);

However, when I try this, nothing appears in the panel. Here is the script, with the actual text changed to avoid spoilers:

B12#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">“text text text text”</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("picturepicture.jpg"),
horiz(
vert(
pic("picturepicturepicture.jpg"),
delay(10sec, B13#,style:hidden)
)
)
);

I've been staring at this for half an hour now, and I just can't figure out what's wrong. It seems perfect. Can anyone help?
I tried your code and it's working fine for me. Maybe you have a typo in your picture's name?
Stair_Car
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stair_Car »

There's definitely no typo. Does the picture to the right have to be a certain size or smaller? Does it not work if the delay below it is hidden? There's got to be some other problem. Thanks for your help, by the way.
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by lmind »

Thank you for the wonderful utilities! I have what feels like a really basic question, but I can't find the answer...

I made an XML tease that works in TeaseMe. I loaded it into the offline Nyx Editor (MWT Edit 1.5). In the offline Editor, the PageView for all pages in the tease looks correct. Under Options, the File Location is set to the directory where the tease XML is located. The Check Pages function returns no Errors and no missing media (only two Warnings, for the two end pages, which have no target).

I click on "Gen Nyx Script" and... nothing happens? Is the Nyx script supposed to appear in the text box under the Nyx tab, so I can copy-paste it? Because that space just sits blank (no error message, either). Or does it go to a file somewhere?

Sorry for the very basic question. People keep talking about copy-pasting the Nyx script into the online editor, but I don't see a generated script. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Thank you for any help.

-lmind
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

lmind wrote:Thank you for the wonderful utilities! I have what feels like a really basic question, but I can't find the answer...

I made an XML tease that works in TeaseMe. I loaded it into the offline Nyx Editor (MWT Edit 1.5). In the offline Editor, the PageView for all pages in the tease looks correct. Under Options, the File Location is set to the directory where the tease XML is located. The Check Pages function returns no Errors and no missing media (only two Warnings, for the two end pages, which have no target).

I click on "Gen Nyx Script" and... nothing happens? Is the Nyx script supposed to appear in the text box under the Nyx tab, so I can copy-paste it? Because that space just sits blank (no error message, either). Or does it go to a file somewhere?

Sorry for the very basic question. People keep talking about copy-pasting the Nyx script into the online editor, but I don't see a generated script. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Thank you for any help.

-lmind
I know this problem. Maybe your tease is too big to be generated at once. Try to cut your TeaseMe script into smaller parts, then generate the nyx script and afterwards you can merge the nyx script parts.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

lmind wrote: I click on "Gen Nyx Script" and... nothing happens? Is the Nyx script supposed to appear in the text box under the Nyx tab, so I can copy-paste it? Because that space just sits blank (no error message, either). Or does it go to a file somewhere?
Yes it should appear in the box on the Nyx tab. If you want to send me the xml file I can run it in debug mode and fix the editor so it works.

(there is a thread specifically for the off line editor here http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&start=30 which may be a better place to discuss specific offline editor problems)
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by lmind »

Ok I will send the XML. Thank you for your help!

Per Venus's suggestion, I tried cutting it into smaller parts, and that did not work (same result).

I have a suspicion about what might be the problem. The tease (pre) sets certain long sequences of page id's, then unsets them sequentially during playback -- kind of like a zipper. It also relies on AutoSetPageWhenSeen to (re) set viewed pages -- a reverse zipper, following the first. Thus, one page id at a time remains unset, which acts as a bookmark.

I then use the "random" number-range page targeting of TeaseMe to return to the bookmark after breakout routines.

example:
<AutoSetPageWhenSeen>true</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
# preset a sequence of pages
<Page id="r1m1" set="r1m3,r1m4,r1m5,r1m6,r1m7,r1m8,r1m9,r1m10,r1m11,r1m12,r1m13,r1m14" unset="r1m2">
# on page "r1m1", bookmark this page and breakout to a subroutine called 'Wait'
<Button target="r1wait" unset="r1m1" set="r1m2">Wait</Button>
# at the end of the 'Wait' subroutine, return to bookmark (r1m1)
<Button target="r1m(1..14)">Continue</Button>

Because 2-14 are still set, 1 is the only valid option that can be "randomly" selected. Thus, the "random" r1m(1..14) is forced to return to the bookmarked page (r1m1).
I make use of this throughout the tease, and I worried that it might be hard to parse.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

lmind wrote:Ok I will send the XML. Thank you for your help!

Per Venus's suggestion, I tried cutting it into smaller parts, and that did not work (same result).

I have a suspicion about what might be the problem. The tease (pre) sets certain long sequences of page id's, then unsets them sequentially during playback -- kind of like a zipper. It also relies on AutoSetPageWhenSeen to (re) set viewed pages -- a reverse zipper, following the first. Thus, one page id at a time remains unset, which acts as a bookmark.

I then use the "random" number-range page targeting of TeaseMe to return to the bookmark after breakout routines.

example:
<AutoSetPageWhenSeen>true</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
# preset a sequence of pages
<Page id="r1m1" set="r1m3,r1m4,r1m5,r1m6,r1m7,r1m8,r1m9,r1m10,r1m11,r1m12,r1m13,r1m14" unset="r1m2">
# on page "r1m1", bookmark this page and breakout to a subroutine called 'Wait'
<Button target="r1wait" unset="r1m1" set="r1m2">Wait</Button>
# at the end of the 'Wait' subroutine, return to bookmark (r1m1)
<Button target="r1m(1..14)">Continue</Button>

Because 2-14 are still set, 1 is the only valid option that can be "randomly" selected. Thus, the "random" r1m(1..14) is forced to return to the bookmarked page (r1m1).
I make use of this throughout the tease, and I worried that it might be hard to parse.
Have replied here http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 27#p151827 as I think this will be better in the offline editor thread
Dared
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Switch

Post by Dared »

Any suggestions on how to make the pictures better quality? I downloaded a few HD pictures and tried them on here, but they still have HORRIBLE quality.
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by 0385 »

Once quality is lost you cant bring it back. CSI is not real :)

Flash makes the images worse as does the flash editor so two programs degrade the quality.
Best thing to do is to replace the images in the tease folder with the original files.

I'd like to have the tease editors upload the original images as a zip file. So we can use them in the offline teases without the need to have them alter a tease. (although its still appreciated, a lot.)