Teases for the masses?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Teases for the masses?

Post by seraph0x »

Hey guys,

One thing I want to archieve with this site is to make webteases more popular. I think roleplaying is fun and with the text the whole fantasy is more alive and a whole lot more exciting. :smile:

So what do you think? Is there a chance that webteases will spread as an artform or should we keep them to ourselves?

seraph :-)
camipco
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camipco »

I agree, I think it's a great format. Much as I love T&D, there's no reason a webtease has to be tease related at all. I wonder if other fetishes have a similar format. Heck, I think just for mainstream regular vanilla, pictures with text of the subject talking dirty would be hot.

As for the "should we publicize" question, that really comes down to what your bandwidth can bear...
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

camipco wrote:I agree, I think it's a great format. Much as I love T&D, there's no reason a webtease has to be tease related at all. I wonder if other fetishes have a similar format. Heck, I think just for mainstream regular vanilla, pictures with text of the subject talking dirty would be hot.
Hell yeah. That's exactly what I think, too. :thumbsup:
camipco wrote:As for the "should we publicize" question, that really comes down to what your bandwidth can bear...
I wouldn't worry about bandwidth right now. We do have some decent traffic in the classics section, but there are still huge reserves.

My main question is: How we get more people to participate? The forums on OD.com would be the perfect recruitment area, but I don't want to annoy anyone by spamming. :-/
Bonkgr
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

It's not spamming if you ask first!

Post by Bonkgr »

Why don't you PM MizAdmin at OD.com and ask permission to promote your site on the boards? As long as you don't post like 50 messages I wouldn't think anyone over there would have a problem...

Just my 2c

-Bonk
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: It's not spamming if you ask first!

Post by seraph0x »

Bonkgr wrote:Why don't you PM MizAdmin at OD.com and ask permission to promote your site on the boards? As long as you don't post like 50 messages I wouldn't think anyone over there would have a problem...

Just my 2c

-Bonk

Hey bonk! Welcome! :-)

Well, I already created a thread on od.com, but it got moved to the "Other Sites to know about" forum (which no-one really reads btw ;-)). Rightfully so. It's just not an advertising board.

I got another idea though: Anyone who wants to promote this site can of course put a link in his signature over at OD.com or other forums. That is less obtrusive and if someone is interested he can come and see for himself.
punkrngd
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by punkrngd »

im not the most computer savy, but ive heard of people being able to get their page to show up first on Google, (type "Failure" in google and see the first result) so when people type webtease or tease and denial, it'll show up
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

punkrngd wrote:im not the most computer savy, but ive heard of people being able to get their page to show up first on Google, (type "Failure" in google and see the first result) so when people type webtease or tease and denial, it'll show up
Yes, that's called a Google bomb and it can get you banned from Google altogether. In the field of Search Engine Optimization there a many other techniques tought (some are great, but most are pretty useless) that enable you to improve your ranking.

In many ways this site is already pretty well optimized. If we want to improve our Google ranking, we mostly need more inbound links. (Ideal would be to generate a blog craze, so hundreds of bloggers link to our site.)

I still think that good sites spread automatically though. So I'd much rather work on the site than on it's marketing. After all we have a pretty steady growth rate of 10% per month without me doing anything at all.

Bottom line: It's always cool to see this site promoted somewhere, but if you want to post a link make sure it's relevant to the site you are posting it to.