Should cactusman keep writing webteases?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Should cactusman keep writing webteases?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 am

Yes, I like cactusman's work, please continue!
49%
Yes, but stop that stupid Maria Pavlova series, I don't like it!
21%
I don't care (they just aren't the kind of tease that I like)
26%
No, I hate them, I wish cactusman would stop!
3%

Total votes: 61

real-webjunky
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Should cactusman keep writing webteases?

Post by real-webjunky »

i like your teases and also the long story with maria.
(btw - sylvie looks tooo sweet for me ... )

don't think you should stop, just because some people have not enough time or other capacity to read long stories ....
and - whoever doesn't like the tease, just don't read it.

of course - searching for last page and give bad votings is faster, than to read through ... so don't give too much for the early votings.

best regards,
webjunky
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Thanks all for the comments. I appreciate the encouragement especially. :-D

It's interesting to hear what other people think of me in a negative way also. :weep: Partly as a result of this I'm trying out another writing technique, which is different than my usual one. You can see it in my latest tease: "Valentine's Day Sex". In this tease I don't have the thoughts of the reader in the tease, but only the voices of the two women.
However, it's still pretty long... (sorry Quazwierdcev283 and others who complained about the length of my teases).

To answer maitly, who brought up my confessed tampering with ratings (by casting extra votes), I have apologized for that, and can say that since that time I have never used this site when I wasn't logged in, and have never voted for my own teases at all. So I believe I'm reformed. :innocent: Also maitly, I don't think of this thread as whining, just trying to get some feedback. So thanks for it...

To masterstroke, I am mostly writing for myself, as an artistic outlet, and to have the teases available when I go on trips. I do like sharing ideas and I have to admit that I get too much of a charge out of positive feedback from others on them. But I've tried to not worry about feedback that much. However, it does seem that there are some (at least 2) who really dislike my work and are somewhat vocal about it. So it was good to get all this positive feeback and thoughts. Thanks for similar thoughts from others, including tdrules.
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Incubo »

I've been quietly lurking for a while now, just really haven't had much to say and haven't been spending a whole lot of time here lately for other reasons....but.....

As masterstroke said, and I've always believed...if you're writing for attention, then you're writing for the wrong reasons. If you really are writing for yourself as an artistic outlet as you claim, then frankly, who cares about a few negative comments? I mean, even negative comments help us improve. I've certainly had a few.

However, a thread like this, combined with your previous behavior, it certainly seems like you just want attention. At least, that's the impression I get from you anyway. If that's not the case, then I apologize, but you do seem to spend an awful lot of time posting about your teases and worrying about how they're rated. Definately doesn't sound like a guy who is writing because he likes writing to me.

As to the original question, should you keep writing...that's a question only you can answer, but ask yourself something: If you're writing for yourself, then does this poll really matter? Or is this poll just another way to seek attention?
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

As for negative marks - don't be upset. It happens to EVERY tease, that's actually why we don't have teases that would be graded 5 star. Some idiots do that, that's not the reflection of the quality of your work at all.

As in general I personally don't care much. I don't like all this reading, I like simple instructios wich is not your way I believe. Still I see that your teases are rated overly higher than others (As I do TOTM polls now, they are ALWAYS in top3 by marks). I think that's the sign that they are appreciated by someone.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
scubawlf
Explorer
Explorer

Post by scubawlf »

Cactusman,

You've got a very positive vote here, please keep up the good work. I recognized the early teases, and was actually thrilled to see them again, I still go back to a few pretty regularly. I'm also a fan of the new work.

Don't let some negative comments get to you- this is such a large group, its not possible to please everyone, and even if something pleases most, it will still somehow rile a small minority. Nature of the beast, accept it and take it in stride.

In short, you are one of my searched authors, please keep adding to your body of work.

Scubawlf
z0r
Explorer
Explorer

Post by z0r »

Keep on going!
I like your teases ;)
don't let them make you down!
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Philze »

writing teases cant be bad at all,
if they are crap, so what?
the autor did a lot more for the community as 99% of us would do.

Cactusman, I dont like your teases at all, they are just not my thing but they are well written, good researched pics and have nice ideas included...so TOP work.
Thanks
Es kann kein Zufall sein, dass sich Lust auf Frust reimt..
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

Although some of your teases are not my favourite flavour, I think they ALL are quatlity teases that I would not hesitate to recomend to people looking for something with some real thought and skill put into them.

If catusman stopped doing teases, it would be to the detriment of everyone, no matter their preferences.

There are some teases that are knocked out in 10 minutes by the looks of things, with no care, skill or flair put into them. I know that if I open a catusman tease, regardless of whether I'll like the content or the scenario, I'm going to see something well done and interesting.

Bravo!
lemming
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lemming »

I enjoy your writing and pictures, I hope you don't stop.

That said for actual teases that I like to DO, I prefer flash teases. However, when using an iOS device which doesn't support Flash, your Maria series is my favorite.
pbchillin
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by pbchillin »

The fact that most of your teases are very highly rated says more than we could about if the community wants you to continue.

People will always hate on the top people, especially on something like this where a particular kink will influence if people like the tease or not.

For me anything to do with feet or cuckolding is a huge no, and I rarely hit continue in a tease if any of those start to appear.

You can't please everyone, but you're pleasing the majority if your teases are getting such epic ratings.
jayjaysub
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jayjaysub »

The Maria Pavlova series is worn out... it was great at the start but now it's like the tenth season of a TV series and has become too much of the same and now somewhat boring and predictable.

I am a huge fan -- especially of the "Investigation" series -- which was three segments or episodes... it told the story and came to a conclusion... and it was a hit.

So keep your creative juices going.

jay
diddums
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diddums »

Definitely keep writing.
Your Erika/Faye series are amongst the very best teases ever!!
The mirror trick/ masturcising thing is awesome.
If anything, I'd prefer fewer, longer teases.
onthebrink
Explorer
Explorer

Post by onthebrink »

Dude, don't stop writing teases. Look at how many you've got with such positive feedback. You combine great writing, good storylines and nice picture choice. I think you're a great tease author and even though your tease style is kind of unorthodox with no instructions and heavy storyline, i still really like it and hope you never stop. If you're getting bored of the same old same old though, I think it would be awesome to see you make a more 'traditional' webtease, i.e. one with instructions for the reader on each page. You've got such good writing and story technique that combining more solid commands would be great for people who like to be told how to stroke, etc. Just an idea.