Year of Denial Series

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Sub-Routine
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Re: Year of Denial Series

Post by Sub-Routine »

http://www.arielsblog.com/

Been busy enough that I haven't had time to write much of this, though I have a good portion of the Valentine's day tease tacked on and will be starting on the next one shortly. Hoping to get it up by the end of the month, though no guarantees (said the mistress to the sub with a wicked grin)
Currently spellchecking 490/490. ^ ^
xxxWhale
Explorer
Explorer

Post by xxxWhale »

Sub-Routine wrote:http://www.arielsblog.com/
Gr8 - tnx :-P
Sub-Routine wrote:Been busy enough that I haven't had time to write much of this, though I have a good portion of the Valentine's day tease tacked on and will be starting on the next one shortly. Hoping to get it up by the end of the month, though no guarantees (said the mistress to the sub with a wicked grin)
Well i am sure a lot of us is looking forward to a release - even if no promises are made ;-)
Tnx a lot for your hard work...
patchwolf
Explorer
Explorer

Post by patchwolf »

Out of curiosity, why was the valentine's day tease pulled down?
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

I also think this series is great work. My sincere compliments! :wave:

Can I suggest that you invent a tag, like year-of-denial-series, and tag all teases in the series with that tag? This was a suggestion in some other thread, by cumhardy and SexualChoc, that will make it easier for fans to find the series and to refer to it... (I've been following it with my work and I think it's very helpful, so I commend it to you.)
Sub-Routine
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

The Safeword Is In Effect

Post by Sub-Routine »

Alright, Bad News Time.

I've been staring down the next tease for a while and I haven't been able to write it. There's a good reason for that: it's out of my league. Going on a crazy chastity bender like this has been ridiculous fun but I can't handle twelve months of writing two sixty page teases just because I can't settle for twenty. I didn't find any sort of middle ground or better focus these last two months, and I don't think treading the line between fantasy and reality with a tease that I could feasibly follow did me any favors. I can't, won't, and shouldn't be SubRoutine 24/7, and the way I was going about it didn't give me another option. I know how to strike a balance, and unfortunately I also know when I've overstepped it. So now I have to step back.

I'm putting away my toys for a while and taking a break, and I'm going to stop writing the big series. It did what I wanted it to do, took me to some new heights, even had me break my personal records and go a full month. But going further feels dull and unpleasant rather than spicy and kinky, and there's a number of more interesting and sharable projects that require my attention which haven't flourished under the rule of a harsh fictional mistress. There's even a girl I want to ask on a date, kinks or no kinks, and I'd feel like a terrible person for doing it while running this thing on the side.

I apologize to those I've disappointed, especially the one or two who were actually as crazy as me about this thing, but if I'm going to sacrifice for my art, well, then this isn't going to be my art. Maybe someday YOD will be finished. More likely I'll go back to writing smaller, more fictional and fun teases for all to enjoy.

Wish you the best. I'll be around. The best is yet to come (Ha!).
Currently spellchecking 490/490. ^ ^