Fail Safe Think Tank

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
SMGhost
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Fail Safe Think Tank

Post by SMGhost »

Hmm...a fuse... now that's an idea...how about a module with soldered in fuse (time delayed so that an accidental bump wouldn't result repairs being needed) that would be blown by a basic panic button and therefore ends the session...the device could then have to be sent for repairs or repaired by a qualified person at whatever cost would be reasonable for the repair. Repairing it yourself would be the least costly but still would rule out "boredom" or "not into it anymore" scenarios. There could also be an indicator circuit that would measure the voltage between the sides of the fuse and if it was burned out could indicate so with either an LED or via communication with the controlling device. (In short the device continues to power on but will not function until the circuit is repaired.)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

The problem with sending the device in for repairs when you use the panic escape mechanism is that... well.. you have to send it in. It seems like a waste to be honest. I know it sounds corny, but - think of the environment! That shipping back and forth causes emissions that are completely unnecessary.

But building on that - how about this? There is simply a plug attached to an emergency pull cord or whatever that you can rip out and that immediately kills power to the device/computer/whatever. But the software of the device logs that it has been disabled that way. For example, the device might have a capacitor powering a separate circuit that does nothing else other than measure when the plug has been pulled and log it.

Just to emphasize again: Pulling the plug cuts the hard line. There is no physical way for the electromagnet, shocker or whatever to operate after that. But once you repower the device it'll know that it was disabled using the emergency method.

From that point forward you can do anything. You could require for example that the user logs on to the manufacturer's website and pays a fee to reactivate it. Part of the fee would be fixed, the rest would be an amount that the user preselected and that goes to a good cause. Another idea, if the device is linked to a program like CyberMistress the user has to go through a punishment session or perhaps simply repeat the session he aborted.

Point is - that way you have maximum flexibility and no need to repair any physical damage.

I think that last idea is my favorite. Clean and simple. Abort the session? Fine, but you'll have to start over.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Just re read this thread

A fail safe is just that
Meaning if anything untoward happens the equipment fails in a safe way.

the solenoid is inherently fail safe no power no magnetism.
There must be a way of ensuring the key can not fall out of reach.
Perhaps a string that is also out of reach until the key drops.

Has anybody thought of using a magnetic door lock restrain a wrist cuff/s.

So you do not want an uninterruptible power supply
eg batteries

All the things that can be a problem are positively energizing while the are working
if any one fails the restraint/restrainer is deactivated
eg if the fire alarm is working and there is not a fire detected a logical 1 is output

if any thing fails no output is available.

In the "Black art days " I would have used "Schmitt triggers" as these hold a logical output over a range of analogue input.
to allow a level of tolerance.

So in conclusion all parts must prove themselves to be working.

All the effort is to maintain restraint
Not to effect the release.

Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

An additional thought
British mains is a standard 240v ac

Now for safety reason all building sites run their power at 110V ac
With an additional safety element the "Isolation Transformers" are centre earthed.
Meaning in the case of a problem the highest voltage in respect to earth is 55v.

Also they have thermal cut outs so if they are over loaded they shut down.

I have found that very nearly all Computer power supplies will run on 110 V ac out of the box
While the rest have a voltage selector switch.

I you run you PC off one of these transformers 24/7

Nobody will be any the wiser of it nefarious uses.
Plus you can run ANY American equipment.

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

magnetic restraint
Perhaps a car battery to power one of the electro magnet as it will go flat and is as such inherently fail safe.
using levers/pulleys will amplify the the restraining forces
all these are readily available.
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

magnetic restraint
Perhaps a car battery to power
one of the electro magnet as it will go flat and is as such inherently fail safe.
using levers/pulleys will amplify the the restraining forces
all these are readily available.

les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
pussteaser
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by pussteaser »

An idea used in the 'Terri and Jennifer' self bondage saga was to have the spare release key in a bucket part filled with engine oil, which you can pull down off the wardrobe in emergency. Penalty for use is a serious mess.