"Big" Tags and User Preferences

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
pete_ger
Explorer
Explorer

"Big" Tags and User Preferences

Post by pete_ger »

The Tags on the Webteases are in most cases either confusing, useless or a spoiler.
Whats untitled? I've seen for-boys and for-men, is there really an age difference?
And do I really want to know if a tease includes 'ruined-orgasm' or 'cum-eating', kind of takes the surprise away.

I was thinking about how this could be more organized. For example you could require Teases to be categorized. I mean the 'big' important Tags. For example:
- for men
- for woman
- illustrated story (I like them, but they shouldn't be mixed with guided webteases)

Its only the most basic categories, and then maybe useres could spezify which to show in their settings. I mean you know this from dating or video sites, i hope :)

If the system works this far, then you could add some more spezific, but general Tags, but make them global and unique for all members. Like:
- req. simple Toys (mostly household things, like strings, clothespins, ..)
- req. advanced Toys
- External Video links
- Anal
- Feminization
- Duration categories? (<1h, 1-3h, 3h+, allday ?)

Those Tags I would hide, and only show the user if they click some 'spoil' button, or something.

Just brainstorming here and putting out ideas, because the current systems doesn't help me at all :)

cya
pete
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Re: "Big" Tags and User Preferences

Post by cumhardy »

Yeah similar things have been suggested before. One idea I liked was to have the tags the same colour as the background, then if you wanted to see the tags you could just highlight them.

Personally I like the 'story code' system of alt sex stories. (http://www.asstr.org/search.php go to Keyword/storycode SHS). Its good because you can highlight multiple tags to include AND exclude so if you want to see a shemale tease that doesnt involve dildos, you can choose that and tailor your search results.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

There have been several posts about changing tags
Actually there was a tag overhaul done a while back (was it a year ago? more?)
Flashteases were added anyway.

Several people have talked about hiding tags
I do like the idea, but feasibilty is the issue.

My suggestion is to do a random tease
and click on it, there are Never any tags shown on the Random tease.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
mae0314
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mae0314 »

I still like the approach discussed a long time ago: http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12
Too bad it never came to fruition.

Apart from that, it might be a good idea to limit possible tags to a certain predefined set. That way we don't get any "for-boys" "for-men" mix-ups. Of course that list would have to be fairly comprehensive.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

mae0314 wrote: Apart from that, it might be a good idea to limit possible tags to a certain predefined set. That way we don't get any "for-boys" "for-men" mix-ups. Of course that list would have to be fairly comprehensive.
I could be wrong but I think the 'for boys" tag appears on flash teases and "for men" on normal teases (or the other way round) same with "for-gals" and "for girls", not sure why that is though.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

pete_ger wrote:The Tags on the Webteases are in most cases either confusing, useless or a spoiler.

I was thinking about how this could be more organized. For example you could require Teases to be categorized. I mean the 'big' important Tags. For example:
- for men
- for woman
- illustrated story (I like them, but they shouldn't be mixed with guided webteases)
For what it's worth, I have been tagging my story teases with "illustrated-story" or "illustrated-letter" as appropriate for a while. It's easy to add your own custom tags like this.

It seems like at Milovana all the different categories are mixed together, but you can filter on your own by clicking on a tag...