Suggestion: Link to the author inside teases

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Lucky
Explorer
Explorer

Suggestion: Link to the author inside teases

Post by Lucky »

I think that it would be great to see the link to the author's profile somewhere on the tease's page. Sometimes I just want to see other teases by some author, but I can't get at least his nick... Imagine, you came inside the tease from "random tease" section. Get only its title and that's all. When trying to search this title - you get anything else, but not this concrete titled tease :no:
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Suggestion: Link to the author inside teases

Post by cactusman »

Lucky wrote:I think that it would be great to see the link to the author's profile somewhere on the tease's page. Sometimes I just want to see other teases by some author, but I can't get at least his nick... Imagine, you came inside the tease from "random tease" section. Get only its title and that's all. When trying to search this title - you get anything else, but not this concrete titled tease :no:
I also like this idea.

One way to do it would be to put a link for searching for the author's teases on the last page, under the rating stuff, something like:

search for all teases by [author's nickname].
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

Lucky wrote:I think that it would be great to see the link to the author's profile somewhere on the tease's page. Sometimes I just want to see other teases by some author, but I can't get at least his nick... Imagine, you came inside the tease from "random tease" section. Get only its title and that's all. When trying to search this title - you get anything else, but not this concrete titled tease :no:
You can click the author's name under the random tease, but it'd still be a lot easier in general to be able to do it mid-tease as well. For long teases, I've gone through skimming over all the pages, then get to the last one and realize my active history doesn't go back far enough to click the name. Maybe in the title it could just say something like "Mistress Crystal: Pure Beauty by Evals" where the "by Evals" might be smaller, the username clickable to the user profile.

Also, if you click "search for all user teases" could it go straight to the correct search without the redirect? It makes it hard to click the back button.

And if you click a tag on a tease listing's description (*not* through clicking a tag under advanced search itself), the link's bad and goes to the old formatted page which doesn't look very good.

Sorry! Figured I'd just post this stuff before I forget to, because I keep meaning to but don't...
Evals
Lucky
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lucky »

Even if you navigate your history you cannot see original author's profile link in "Random Tease" (for IE and Firefox at least), because the browser refreshes content on the page...
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

Lucky wrote:Even if you navigate your history you cannot see original author's profile link in "Random Tease" (for IE and Firefox at least), because the browser refreshes content on the page...
Sounds like something wrong with your cache? Unless you've got your cache disabled or set to zero storage space or something else, it should show you the cached version of the page, instead of loading a new page altogether? Does for me in both FF and IE.
Evals
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Hmm, yeah, there seems to be some miscommunication. As Evals said, in the Random Tease box there should be the author's name. If you click that you get to his or her forum profile where you'll find a like to "Search user's teases" - click that and you'll get a list of their teases.

Is that not the feature you're looking for, or does the author name just not appear at all?

Edit: Do you maybe mean this?
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

He means when he navigates back in his browser's history, instead of showing the cached page, it reloads and displays a new tease with a link to that new author's profile, the old one no longer being there...
Evals
Lucky
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lucky »

I just wanted to say that a link to the author's profile from his tease should be logical and great thing :-/
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

cactusman wrote: I also like this idea.

One way to do it would be to put a link for searching for the author's teases on the last page, under the rating stuff, something like:

I believe this is exactly what is being requested in the OP.

Can you include the tease author's name and a link to all their teases in the same section that holds the voting buttons?
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Human »

jp wrote:

Can you include the tease author's name and a link to all their teases in the same section that holds the voting buttons?

I want this feature too ! It sometimes irritates me having to click several back pages to get to the tease listing page where I have to hunt the tease and get the authors name....a very roundabout way. :-/
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love:
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

Human wrote:
jp wrote:

I want this feature too ! It sometimes irritates me having to click several back pages to get to the tease listing page where I have to hunt the tease and get the authors name....a very roundabout way. :-/
but the authors name now appears in the tease. seraph0x fixed it a few days ago :smile:
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Human »

cumhardy wrote:
but the authors name now appears in the tease. seraph0x fixed it a few days ago :smile:
Yes, yes he did :blush: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love:
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Let me just add my thanks to seraph0x for implementing this; that's great.