SAFETY FIRST! Help us design a safety notice!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

SAFETY FIRST! Help us design a safety notice!

Post by seraph0x »

Recently we had an incident where an unsafe tease had made it to the live archive. In this case it was actually more of a logistical error - the author wasn't aware that changes to an already-published tease would be live right away, but it's quite perceivable a situation where rookie authors could put rookie users in serious danger.

Our self-policing works. Whenever there is a tease that violates our terms, I usually get an email rather quickly. So let me use this chance to reiterate: Whenever you see a tease that you don't feel right about or that violates some rule, drop us a line!! You can email to [email protected] at any time and we'll respond as fast as we can, very often within just a few hours actually. (Depending on the urgency of the matter.)

Now for what it's worth we want to remind people to use their best judgment before they start a tease. This safety notice will be visible before every tease, every time, so I'd like to put some thought into it. I think the focus should be on wording it so people *actually* stop a second to consider safety. It's shouldn't scare unduly, just be a friendly reminder to use common sense. If you disagree, feel free to say so!

Please post your ideas for what the notice should contain! You are also welcome to post suggestions for the actual wording as well!

Thanks for your help and support! :wave:
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: SAFETY FIRST! Help us design a safety notice!

Post by Incubo »

I like your title. "Safety First" would probably get more attnetion than "Warning."

Something like:
"Safety First! Teases are based on fantasy. As such, some of the situations/instructions have the potential to cause harm to the user (or reader if you prefer that term). Please use your best judgement before following any instructions given in this tease."

I don't know...that's about all I could come up with off the top of my head.
Nwah
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by Nwah »

What ever happened to natural selection? :whistle:
tfg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tfg »

I'm not normally one to post - I like to remain in the shadows - but I feel the need to comment on this.

I strongly agree with Nwah on this one. I hate the way this world is going with "STOP!" stickers on the top of ladders so people don't walk off the top and stickers on door frames saying "Don't put your fingers here when closing the door" and suchlike. Lawsuits for everything.

Now I can appreciate where seraph0x is coming from, probably wanting to avoid such lawsuits, but at the end of the day if you're not quite bright enough to know that something like hitting your balls with a hammer is going to hurt or that repeatedly striking an area may cause damage... well... our good friend Darwin was on to something.

I also believe most of this falls upon the content writer: they should not be writing teases containing extreme content/tasks without some form of warning at the start. I personally don't want every single harmless tease to have a big warning at the start - especially if it can't be disabled by members in some way.

I'd also like to point out section 5E of the Terms of Service, seraph0x. Perhaps an approach to this to avoid any legal issues for yourself is to make people register to access content or at least agree upon first entry without a cookie to the ToS. Even though they technically agree to it by using the site it's usually better for you legally if you've made them read it first. I'm not well versed in the law of your state/country, but I assume that was written by at least a semi-competent professional in your jurisdiction?

Or maybe a small one-line banner at the top of the main page (above or below the search bar) with a brief warning and a link to a safety page, perhaps along the lines of "Safety First: Read more..." with pretty red dashes around it or something. That way you can read it if you want to but it's not forced on you endless times every day for the rest of your life (or the life of Milovana and/or the internet).

Subtle but obvious - just remember 99.999% of your visitors can tell their arse from their elbow and don't want a big blatant safety message killing the mood every time they open a tease.

Sorry for the rant,

tfg.
camipco
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camipco »

Out of morbid curiosity... was it breath play?
Rabbit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rabbit »

Nwah wrote:What ever happened to natural selection? :whistle:
We've done away with that a long time ago. Clearly if people can't take care of themselves, it's up to people smarter than them to do it. -_-;
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Breath play is when somebody is suffocated or strangled in an attempt to heighten an orgasm.

It is a fatality waiting to happen when with another and a certainty if practiced when solo.

This type of experience will earn you a "Darwin award"

Seezya
Lesub
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
sexualreflex909
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sexualreflex909 »

Hey based on the thread I made having a WARNING message on individual teases would make certain people want to try that tease even more :lol:

I suggest a universal message which simply reads something like:
Safety first, dont follow any instruction that you feel could cause permanent damage.

Applying that message to the front page or something wouldnt promote the more dangerous teases to the hardcore and may turn some people off trying the more dangerous stuff.

doing what they do to ciggerate packets might be a good idea aswell, even if its just a list of links that show pictures of what can go wrong.

Thanks for the time
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

Proceed with extreme caution! Performing the following tease may result in severe aftereffects, including but not limited to such side effects as soreness, pain, headaches, nausea, vomiting, infertility, castration, and even possibly death! Continue at your own risk.

It should be bold, underlined, in red capital letters. Definitely.
Evals
Nwah
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Nwah »

Evals wrote:Proceed with extreme caution! Performing the following tease may result in severe aftereffects, including but not limited to such side effects as soreness, pain, headaches, nausea, vomiting, infertility, castration, and even possibly death! Continue at your own risk.

Er... :-|
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

Evals wrote:Proceed with extreme caution! Performing the following tease may result in severe aftereffects, including but not limited to such side effects as soreness, pain, headaches, nausea, vomiting, infertility, castration, and even possibly death! Continue at your own risk.

YES YES!
And underneath have gruesome pictures of mangled genitals, torn orifices and dead gimps. :lol:

Actually I agree with Nwah and tfg on this.
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

"WARNING- The Webteases presented here on Milovana are fetish erotica written for fantasy and entertainment purposes ONLY and are not intended to be performed. Milovana and / or its employees and contributors are not responsible for injury incurred to individuals who perform Webteases in a manner in which they are not intended."

Perhaps something like the above posted on the welcome page would be enough to keep Milovana from being liable in a legal situation. Please realize I am not a lawyer and the above wording may not be enough to protect Milovana or its contributors from legal action.

I hate to think that society has come to this, but maybe this community does need to protect itself. What a shame. IN MY OPINION...I don't think we need to "Warn" subs from overdoing a tease...in other words, any disclaimer should be to protect the community rather than educating the idiots. However IF we absolutely need "performance warnings" then maybe a simple:

"WARNING - KNOW YOUR LIMITS - These Webteases presented here on Milovana are intended for entertainment and fantasy purposes ONLY. However if you really are stupid enough to put your testicle in a vice and crush them to the point of permanent damage please be careful and don't say we didn't warn you."

Before I get a bunch of hate mail...please realize that I totally understand and can appreciate "pain play" but I also push consensual, SAFE and SANE play.
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

Okay, for a more serious suggestion, it could be a bubble-type message that is visible above tease titles or somewhere else, with maybe an X in the corner. That way, you're guaranteed to notice it, until you choose to manually disable it by clicking the X. Dunno.
Evals
CheerfullyInsane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

I'm a firm believer in Darwinism.
If people don't have the common sense of a ferret, surely we should encourage them to eliminate themselves from the gene-pool. :-D

But seriously....
I doubt we need warning-labels, if for no other reason that it'll probably backfire.
If you have a button with a 6 ft. tall sign next to it saying:
"DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON! Ever! For no reason whatsoever! Not even just to see what happens!"
I can guarantee you that within 15 minutes some schmuck will have pressed it.

If there really is a need for a warning because of some obscure legalese thingie, then have it on a front-page, before entering the site itself.

On the other hand, warning-labels on the teases isn't going to drive me away either.
Personally, I think the idea is ludicrous, but I don't feel strongly enough about it to care one way or the other.

Just my two cents.
(Aw hell, it's Christmas....Make it a nickel)

CheerfullyInsane
By the time you swear your his.
shivering and sighing.
And he vows his passion is,
infinite, undying.
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.
leeness
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by leeness »

Im also a fan of Darwinism but in the face of legal interfearence Id go for the frontpage disclamer or adding it to the login.
I think rbtheservant`s 1st idea is proberly close to what we want although the 2nd is closer to what Id suggest to idiots.
rbtheservant wrote:"WARNING- The Webteases presented here on Milovana are fetish erotica written for fantasy and entertainment purposes ONLY and are not intended to be performed. Milovana and / or its employees and contributors are not responsible for injury incurred to individuals who perform Webteases in a manner in which they are not intended."

Perhaps something like the above posted on the welcome page would be enough to keep Milovana from being liable in a legal situation. Please realize I am not a lawyer and the above wording may not be enough to protect Milovana or its contributors from legal action.

I hate to think that society has come to this, but maybe this community does need to protect itself. What a shame. IN MY OPINION...I don't think we need to "Warn" subs from overdoing a tease...in other words, any disclaimer should be to protect the community rather than educating the idiots. However IF we absolutely need "performance warnings" then maybe a simple:

"WARNING - KNOW YOUR LIMITS - These Webteases presented here on Milovana are intended for entertainment and fantasy purposes ONLY. However if you really are stupid enough to put your testicle in a vice and crush them to the point of permanent damage please be careful and don't say we didn't warn you."

Before I get a bunch of hate mail...please realize that I totally understand and can appreciate "pain play" but I also push consensual, SAFE and SANE play.