Dynamic Profile Pages

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?

Would you like to see more dynamic profile pages?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 31

Xenophobe
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Dynamic Profile Pages

Post by Xenophobe »

Uh.... Sorry to be so thick headed but, could you be more specific or provide examples?
CheerfullyInsane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

Don't see why not.
The ability to add to ones profile can't possibly be a bad thing.

Those that wish to use the extended possibilities will have the opportunity to.
And if you don't wish to surrender information about yourself, surely the ability to do so doesn't force you to.

Chalk me up for a "yes"

CheerfullyInsane
By the time you swear your his.
shivering and sighing.
And he vows his passion is,
infinite, undying.
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.
submichael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submichael »

i say yes!!!

it would help individuals with similiar desires, interests etc. find each other.

as another posted....if you don't wish to fill out all the information, you don't have to.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

I always wished something like this existed. or at least the ability to add favourites and 'playlists' of teases to your profile.
Maybe little personal wiki type pages for users to add whatever they like
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

I've voted "no" because I don't see a reason yet. Why have extended profiles, unless you have plans to actually do something with this information?

It would be interesting if for example teases would automatically be filtered depending on certain profile settings. Otherwise you're just storing information, or in other words you'll just get a bigger database, without any specific reason.

Or like mentioned above: it could be used if there's some sort of matching feature for members. But I suppose some people would be contacted even more (thinking of the ladies). So there should at least be an option there NOT to appear in matching results.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
jimbean485
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by jimbean485 »

I like this community already, and I think that having more in-depth options on the profile will only make things better.

Jim
Just walking around, looking around . . .
MistressD
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by MistressD »

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

My main reason for being on this site is to get to know some like minded people, have some fun and hopefully make a few good friends.

I would love an expanded profile as a way to better get to know newcomers (or existing members that I haven't crossed paths with yet).

Mistress D
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by green »

Kenneth wrote:I've voted "no" because I don't see a reason yet. Why have extended profiles, unless you have plans to actually do something with this information?

It would be interesting if for example teases would automatically be filtered depending on certain profile settings. Otherwise you're just storing information, or in other words you'll just get a bigger database, without any specific reason.

Or like mentioned above: it could be used if there's some sort of matching feature for members. But I suppose some people would be contacted even more (thinking of the ladies). So there should at least be an option there NOT to appear in matching results.
Voted"no" as well. For quite the same reasons. That would be just more Data, that's beeing stored.

I think the current Info, one could add to their profile is more than suffiecient. If you wan't to find out more about a certain user, you can still look for his posts, PM him, or maybe even meet him in the chat.

Another reason is, that this forum-system was not made for that kind of profiles, so adding them afterwards, may result in problems we don't even know about yet :/...

I'd suggest to everyone who wants people to get to know them better, to add a link to their Website(Profile-Page or Blog) on their Profile, cause that's already an option, and would be a solution for those who badly wan't an extended profile. ;)

-green-
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Incubo »

I actually didn't vote because it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
I can see both sides of it. The obvious quesiton on one side being: Why? The other side basically being: why not? Both have a point.