OD & Milovana

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

OD & Milovana

Post by wonkywanker »

How long was OD up and running with Web teases? because I'm amazed at how fast Milovana has grown in content. in just over a year Milovana has produced over about 300 teases, now if the classics are a basis to go by for the amount of tease OD had when they were taken offline, then in just over a year Milovana has almost matched OD quantity of teases.
now only are they matched in quantity but also in quality.

not a bad job if you ask me, just like to show my appreciation to the milovana team and specially seraphox :-)
lagavulin_nl
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lagavulin_nl »

OD took longer, but I think OD was one of the first T&D sites so they didn't get the publicity in forums the way Milovana did (on the OD forum for example).
Both sites are excellent for different reasons. Maybe Milovana wouldn't be here if OD hadn't existed. Milovana took major steps forward in the teases.
But hooray for both sites.
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

hey im not bashing OD here lol it certainly was one of the first and i think one of the first to have a forum, i can't remember how i learnt about Milovana i just did lol. remember how i discovered web teases though, through dominant-mistress.com then web-girlfriends and then OD.

I'm just saying that milovana has done a very good job, but yeah both sites are great.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

lagavulin_nl wrote:Maybe Milovana wouldn't be here if OD hadn't existed.
This is correct. I only started the site because OD took the teases down.

As for "tease creation speed". Yes, we almost have as many teases already after 9 months. OD had their tease feature for about three years, so that about three times the speed. Big applause for our authors! :-)
Jaberwocky
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Jaberwocky »

1) I recognized a few teases from the old OD-site. I think you should substract them from the total.

2) Back then, OD was more than just webteases. It was one of the many features on that site. A lot of people on the OD-site didn't even bother about them. While this site is all about them.

3) If I recall correct, the OD-site also contained a lot of captioned images. (though I am not sure as it has been a while)

Though those captioned images are not the same as webteases, they did took a lot of time from their creators. While on Milovana, everyone is 'forced' to make just webteases. If you take the amount of work it took to make those captioned images into consideration, and add it to the amount of work it took to make the webteases, I doubt if the amount of total 'artwork' done in a year on the OD-site was so much less.

I still think Milovana is great, and that the site has preformed a tremendous achivement. But when you just compare the amount of webteases made on Milovana and OD, I think you look at thinks a little to bright.
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cymerc »

OD was around for years, and I think came out of the (now-defunct) NTC Orgasm Denial forum after that site got downed a few years ago due to technical problems. But there were some FANTASTIC stories/techniques on that "first" site I encountered.

I think OD's main 'thing' right now is the forum area --- much of the rest of the site is, IMO, stale.

My hat's off to the folks at Milovana. It is BY FAR the best-run free pr0n site that I've encountered. Heck, it's better than some of the pay-for sites I've seen over the years, too!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

cymerc wrote:OD was around for years, and I think came out of the (now-defunct) NTC Orgasm Denial forum after that site got downed a few years ago due to technical problems. But there were some FANTASTIC stories/techniques on that "first" site I encountered.
Interesting, I didn't know that. So their history is actually similar to ours. :smile:
cymerc wrote:My hat's off to the folks at Milovana. It is BY FAR the best-run free pr0n site that I've encountered. Heck, it's better than some of the pay-for sites I've seen over the years, too!
:-D Thanks, stuff like that is always nice to hear! :-)
ienhus
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ienhus »

Yea it's really amazing that you do all this for free! Great job.
dominion
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dominion »

seraph0x wrote: Interesting, I didn't know that. So their history is actually similar to ours.
OD actually started out as a website with just a single tease. No forums, no links no whatsoever.
It was an idea by David to start out a website for this interest in T&D and I remember, years ago, that the website had just that tease, it was a nurses-and-teased patient tease. and it revolved around a central idea of "is he in heaven or hell?"
eteased
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

History of the tease

Post by eteased »

Since this thread has taken a turn towards the historical, I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on the origin of the web tease.

My recollections...

Stories about teasing have been around since the dawn of time. Or the dawn of the internet, anyways.

The first discussions of teasing that I saw were on the ntcweb forum.

The first real tease instructions that I saw were the ones on:
http://www.geocities.com/poetrician/poet.htm
The site was different back then (in the mid-to-late 90's), maybe the content under timing/metronome game was the first structured tease I ever saw online. (The very first tease instructions I ever saw were in a sex guide that I discovered hidden away in the basement of my parent's house when I was about 15 or 16. The book instructed women on how to use a mix of 20 to 25 slow strokes followed by 10 quick ones over and over and over again to get a man hard and horny and desperate to cum. Turned out it worked pretty well when I tried it on myself!)

Anyway, getting back to webteases... I think Poetrician worked w/ Cockmistress Angelina to put together her "Ten Minute Tutorial Tease" which, as I recall, combined pictures, instructions, and audio. Not sure of the date of that, but I'm sure it was pre-2000 and was the first "web tease" that I ever saw.

Other thoughts?
koala17
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): not "owned"

Post by koala17 »

I don't think it's true that OD.com came out of the NTC forum (which is, btw, still alive and operated by Jill - from RobAndJill.com - http://www.ntcweb.com/board/index.php ).
I'd say that OD developed from a small page on bdsm.com, which is, to my surprise, still online:

http://www.mybdsm.com/pages/teaseme/

.. yes, for me this is the true T&D nostalgia, the first webteases I remember (Kerrigan, Nurse Megan,..), the Orgasm Control Page..
.. this and http://www.dominant-mistress.com, another one that is dead and still online, I was in personal contact with Mrs. Kyra, the German owner.. yeah, souvenirs, souvenirs, I like them.. :)
alpahde5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alpahde5 »

dominant-mistress was the thing that started it for me, i remember looking for bondage related stuff and saw it and was like wow, I'm getting really turned on from being denied lol.

Dam that site, many a productive hour have been wasted because of that fateful day :weep:

Don't know how i ended up and OD but i loved the captioned pics more than the teases probably because some of them were longer my fav was the wife one and celebrating her independence (fuck knows how i still remember that title)

then this little gem milovana came along after months of aimless searching for equally good sites as OD, all thanks to that stupid 2257 crap- why didn't they just move their server?
webtease requests? msg me here first then add me to msn, [email protected] (e-mail doesn't work so don't e-mail that address)

what is written below is true
--------------------------------
what is written above is a lie
joeliwan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by joeliwan »

alpahde5 wrote:why didn't they just move their server?
If I remember correctly, that question was asked at the time. I don't remember the specifics, but the way I remember it, 2257 is worded such that it doesn't matter where the server is located, it applies to anyone who lives in the US and runs a site. Granted, if the server was overseas, the webmaster/-mistress could simply keep his/her physical location confidential, but I guess the people at OD didn't want to risk it.

Honestly, I miss the way OD used to be, but I can't complain too much. Without the shakeup that 2257 caused, there wouldn't have been a need for Milovana, and the creativity that has come out of this site would be lost. The team here has made leaps and bounds both in presentation and content, and I wouldn't trade that away lightly.
alpahde5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alpahde5 »

im a team member :happy2:
webtease requests? msg me here first then add me to msn, [email protected] (e-mail doesn't work so don't e-mail that address)

what is written below is true
--------------------------------
what is written above is a lie
koala17
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): not "owned"

Post by koala17 »

joeliwan wrote:I miss the way OD used to be, but I can't complain too much. Without the shakeup that 2257 caused, there wouldn't have been a need for Milovana
Personally, I would complain. Just show me where to file the complaint.. :)
Because today's 2257 means that the U.S. system, based on liberty and free speech, is now eroding, and that this process is probably irreversible, that the traditional instruments of checks and balances are not functioning anymore..
IMHO, this has implications far beyond OD.com, T&D, sex or the Internet, it simply means that the Liberty Torch is flickering.. :(

And moreover.. if 2257 is not revoked in the U.S., it will eventually spread through the rest of the "free world".. so, for Milovana, it is only a matter of time.. :(