Just wanted others opinions

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

How do you feel about Metronomes and timers in teases?

Love them both
33%
Like them both
28%
Like Timers, not metronomes
7%
Like metronomes, not timers
13%
Dislike them both
4%
Hate them both
15%
You keep your opinions to yourself, unless you want to be punushed again!
No votes

Total votes: 46

littlepos
Explorer
Explorer

Just wanted others opinions

Post by littlepos »

First let me say, i am not complaining. I love the teases and the fact that so many people contriute to this site.
What i was wondering is, does anyone else dislike the teases with metronomes and timers?

I tend to get as far as the first clock or metro, and lose interest most of the time. I see a lot of people use them to make a tease, so i am assuming most people either like them, or have no opinion one way or the other.

Or is it just a case of people like the more advanced tech of the flash teases, and what they can do with them?

Just curious, again, no complaints here.. after all, its for FREEEEE

oh, neat, i can make a poll!!
drippydick
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Just wanted others opinions

Post by drippydick »

I like the metronomes as long as there quick pace, the timers are usually to long and boring
i am single i would like to be teased and humiliated in real life
littlepos
Explorer
Explorer

Post by littlepos »

haha, 250 people on the site right now, and only 6 voted

that says something, but i am not sure what, hehe
texturedshroom
Taste the shroom
Taste the shroom

Post by texturedshroom »

I don't like metronomes at all, but there's nothing wrong with timers as long as they have a reasonable length (under 1 minute).
littlepos
Explorer
Explorer

Post by littlepos »

yeah, i should have said that too. Timers less then a minute or so, cool...the long never ending ones, or worse, the ones with question marks, ugh

Haha
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

i like hidden timers. it seems to make more sense in a tease that others to make them last, i dont really like counting my strokes ands tuff like that. i just like it if the scenario is telling you to jerk off then hidden timers kick in after a while and the instructions change and other stuff happens, it feels more realistic.
tvmaria
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tvmaria »

Timers are ok, but i hate these metronomes. There are a lot of different opinions, so in my opinion its really hard to "satisfy" every single person ;-)
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by dtspam »

I love both, when used in the "right" way. Mostly this means, metronomes shouldn't be too slow and timers too long, but there are exceptions. Long timers are ok if you're given a task that realy occupies that time (doing some excercises etc.) For tasks as stroking, edging, holding the edge etc I prefere sequences of short timers, so even if you have to stroke for 10min or something, there is some action going on (changing pictures, text, ...)
Slow metronomes can be nice after some teasing/edging, usually slow stroking is just boring, but if you are already quite horny and near the edge it can be quite intense.
BoredOMK17
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BoredOMK17 »

I enjoy metronomes and timers but I don't think they are for beginner tease authors.
I'm willing to bet some authors will never understand how to use them correctly.

When someone uses the metronome technique, and they tell us to set it at too low of a speed...
It ruins the whole tease. For example:
The metronome will be on 20 and the tease will be written like that is supposed to get me to edge...
and I'll be sitting there thinking "This will never get me to edge?"
Or if the metronome is set too high right after multiple edges, its impossible to not go over.

Timers also have to be used correctly.
I hate it when there is a 9 minute timer to "go get my supplies"
All my supplies are in my room already... Now I have to wait for the timer to be ready?

ANOTHER thing about timers is that they have to go with the writing.
You cant have a paragraph explaining how we should stroke until the timer runs out...
Because by the time I'm done reading the paragraph, the timer is already almost out anyway... :-/

Another thing I kind of have to admit I dislike is "counting my strokes"
because I don't always stroke like normal guys I guess...
Most of the time I just grab in one spot, and pull that spot up and down..
Instead of moving my whole hand up and down the dick...
So its hard for me to count my strokes that way...
wonderbo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by wonderbo »

I have nothing against timers or metronomes being used in teases. In fact I think they can be great tools. I agree that many tease authors don't know how to use these tools effectively. There's a fine line between teasing and just being annoying. The tease has to provide something more intriguing than ritualistic wanking in tempo for a predetermined number of strokes.
littlepos
Explorer
Explorer

Post by littlepos »

wonderbo wrote:There's a fine line between teasing and just being annoying. The tease has to provide something more intriguing than ritualistic wanking in tempo for a predetermined number of strokes.
yeah, thats what i meant to say, haha