Tease of the Year 2008

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Carlcjjohnson
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Tease of the Year 2008

Post by Carlcjjohnson »

Did such a vote occur? I was just thinking to myself about my TOTM (I think it was in April '08) and how I never came across the second part of my 'prize' per se, that being the right to be considered Tease of the Year.

Have I missed something? I'm sure I have :-P
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Re: Tease of the Year 2008

Post by all2true »

I don't think there ever was a real
category for tease of the year. ?(or am I wrong)?
It is an intresting suggestion.
Who would you vote for 2007 ?
or '06? ....

Perhaps the winner would get the elusive third heart?
(am still routing for 3 hearts for miss jay- now at 940 posts as of this post)
Keep going Miss Jay- dark only has 1288...< as of this post>
camipco
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camipco »

Carlc is right, the rules do mention a tease of the year competition:
Rules:
The nominations are the 5 highest rated teases. If two webteases have the same rating, the webtease which have more votes will participate.
The voting system should be separated from the webtease itself. Hence webteases encouraging a vote for the TOTM to manipulate the system will not be nominated at the end of the month regardless of ranking.

The prize is a special user rank in our forum and a mark in the "Browse Teases" area. Also the tease will be able to participate to the "Tease of the year" contest.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Yes I remember we planned this. We talked about again when it was time in December and came to the conclusion it wouldn't be fair to announce one ultimate tease of the year. There are so many different styles and fetishes. To support just one single webtease in this way would be maybe a bit over the top. Especially since we know a lot of authors take the title more serious than we ever thought (which is a good thing in the end).

Do you really want to present the one and only ultimate tease? Milovana stands for variety and it kinda would draw a wrong picture.

If you want to vote for the TOTY it would be easy to create a poll ;-)

If you really want an official TOTY contest after having a look at the other side of the medal we can create a poll, too. So we can see if people would want it.

edit/ thanks by the way for the hint I will change the rules so far
edit/ it's sticky for a while so people will not miss it, hope some users will add their opinion
Try or die
Carlcjjohnson
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Carlcjjohnson »

I think it'd be good to have a TOTY competition. I don't expect to win, but I don't really mind, it'll get my tease some coverage after so long, get people who missed it at the time reading it again.
billlr
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): I am neither master nor slave to anyone but myself

Post by billlr »

I think we should be able to vote on teases from previous years as well as the one past.
"That was IN-credible!
Thanks, guys.
Oops. I mean bitches." -Melissa from "Restaurant mistress".

"So, what do you say?
Hurry up!
I think the baboons need some new chew toys." - Kyra from "A day at the zoo".
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

No more thoughts or opinions about?
Try or die
DeniedHard
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DeniedHard »

Maybe you could have some sub-categories similar to an award show. That way there is a chance for a larger pool of deserving work to get praise. If it were me I would probably nominate to each category after choosing the Tease of the Year nominees. That way all types of teases have a chance at the ultimate prize. I would probably have it so one tease could win many of these categories but through the nomination process much more work will get deserved attention and praise. Some example categories:

Flash tease of the year

Most influential

Most creative

Best writing

Best pictures

Best storyline

Best "Insert 'Interest category here'" tease

etc.
Dan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Little Miss Jay

Post by Dan »

I think a Tease of the Year would be a good idea, although would it not be wiser to sort out the existing TOTM / FTOTM system before moving onto other competitions? As jp said in the other thread, the Flash TOTM isn't even official yet and it looks like they'd be excluded from the Tease of the Year nominations as well.
Devoted to the amazing Miss Jay ♥
Last orgasm on January 25th 2012
Earliest chance of next orgasm: May 11th
ordered
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ordered »

I like what Dark says in his 1st reply, about variety and why there really just ISN'T 1 best tease...

We could, of course, informally say what our favorite teases are, just to let the authors know we appreciate them- For me at least that can change over time. I've seen a few that I "like" as much as any other, but ruined it by reading through when I wasn't able to do them. When that happens I just make a mental note that it was a good one and wait until I've forgotten what happens and go back when I can perform it. (They're much more fun if you don't know what's going to happen) Because of that, there are some teases I think are just as good (or better) than others, but they don't get a fair shake at being my favorite because I either didn't, or haven't yet, enjoyed that particular one.

With that said, my favorite at the moment (as I described in another post) is "Do You Want to Feel like a Whore?" I also especially like several of the series teases for slave, slut, feminization, or cum-eating training. There's plenty of others that are really good as well, some don't even address my personal fantasies but I can still tell they're really well thought out, creative, and written by someone with some mad skills.

And some, well... I have to give credit they're well written and involve fun fantasies, but I personally don't care for having to count to 50, 100 or whatever on every page, especially not when I'm pumping my bottom with a dildo! LMAO!