Here are EOS tutorials

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
New Nick
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Here are EOS tutorials

Post by New Nick »

Can it also work if you want to revert a story to a segment/block of pages ?
Or can it only work with specific commands like the eval you showed?

Or also possible for instance for a string of 10 or 20 slides in one box to become repetitive throughout the tease?

Thanks a lot !!!
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New Nick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:08 pm Thanks a lot

However , what happens if i want to use those exact 3 slides (the edging box) several times .
Wont that make me always go back after the edging box to one page specifically ?

Or can i make it somehow possible to go temporarily into an "edging box" and then proceed from where i left ?
WIth the option to have that "edging box" maybe active on 20 or 30 different occassions ?

If you understand what i mean ...

Ideal would be to just go from for instance BOX D to BOX E (but with a temporary visit to BOX Edge)
And then later i would like to use that temporary Edge box maybe also when i go from BOX G to H and X to Y and so on ...

Thank you
Have you tried the demo I created for you? It does exactly what you are asking for.

You can use the same DoSomeEdges segment from anywhere in your tease, as many times as you want. The only requirement is that before you "call" it, you set a variable to tell it where to continue afterward.

So in your example, "Box D" sets variable "AfterEdging" to "Box E", then goes to "Box Edge". Box Edge will then go to "Box E".
Exactly like you asked for.

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New Nick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:28 pm Can it also work if you want to revert a story to a segment/block of pages ?
Or can it only work with specific commands like the eval you showed?
Yes, and again this is exactly what the demo does. The eval command I showed is simply one example. You will have many such commands at different places in your "boxes". Box A can detour to your repetitive segment as many times as you want.
New Nick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:28 pm Or also possible for instance for a string of 10 or 20 slides in one box to become repetitive throughout the tease?
Thanks a lot !!!
You can have as many pages (slides) as you want in any box. Using your terms, each box consists of a series of slides (pages in EOS terms). Some of those slides detour to the "repetitive" segments, telling the repetitive segment where to resume afterward.

Download the json source using the link in my first post, then create a new EOS tease in your account and import that code (restore from backup), so you can see better what it looks like in the EOS editor.

PG
Visitor from Bound Anna
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Visitor from Bound Anna »

I am going to have to try this EOS thingy. Turn mental orgasms into games for all to enjoy. Or some. Nothing is for everybody, but ehh, ya'll know what I mean.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Visitor from Bound Anna wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:49 am I am going to have to try this EOS thingy. Turn mental orgasms into games for all to enjoy. Or some. Nothing is for everybody, but ehh, ya'll know what I mean.
The EOS editor is a little hard to find. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?t=22767

PG
Visitor from Bound Anna
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Visitor from Bound Anna »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:26 am
Visitor from Bound Anna wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:49 am I am going to have to try this EOS thingy. Turn mental orgasms into games for all to enjoy. Or some. Nothing is for everybody, but ehh, ya'll know what I mean.
The EOS editor is a little hard to find. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?t=22767

PG
Thanks P. I looked it over and see the actions buttons on the left. Have to come back and learn them. Might avoid a cart before horse situation, that is dreaming up an idea, getting excited about it, only t find it is not possible as I dreamed
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Another “coding” question… always appreciate the help here!

Is there a way to display an array as a vertical list or paragraph in EOS?
Currently it shows up as a single line and goes off the screen. And I’d rather not type out array[0], array[1], etc…
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Post by undeniable_denial »

bbb11__ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 pm Is there a way to display an array as a vertical list or paragraph in EOS?
Currently it shows up as a single line and goes off the screen. And I’d rather not type out array[0], array[1], etc…

Code: Select all

var vertical_list = your_array.join("<br>");