Routine maintenance may cause glitches

You can find important news and current events here.
Truewilling
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Routine maintenance may cause glitches

Post by Truewilling »

Some of the sounds in EOS teases are not working in Firefox anymore, for example with The Entrepreneur. Also in the console of Firefox when loading this tease,there is an error

Code: Select all

Received message from unknown source, ignoring
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Trying to upload images to tease 50854, and some uploaded ok, but the ones I want aren't working. I remember some years ago we had issues with images uploading, so maybe its surfaced again.

EDIT: I tried compressing the image and the upload worked. Maybe a file size issue...
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

TheGrinch123 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:19 am PlayfulGuy - Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it isn't just me that is having trouble. If I reboot my PC I can usually download many of the teases uploaded prior to Jan 23rd, but as soon as I get my first 403 error I can no longer download any teases until I reboot again. Please let us know if you determine what changed and any fixes we can use to make the MiloDownloader work again.
From my investigations so far I think FrozenWolf is correct. I hope to get to fixing this today, and will release a new downloader version asap.
FrozenWolf wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:27 am
The downloader app likely needs to be patched to use a different user-agent (or just specify one if it's omitted). Hopefully PlayfulGuy will have a chance to release an updated downloader if my hypothesis is correct, but there's not much you can do on your end at the moment.
Thanks for the input. I had been looking into this and come to the same conclusion but haven't had time to fix and test it yet.
Stay tuned!

PG
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Also one (albeit minor) annoying new change is when you go to click on a page, the list of pages on the left goes back to the top, rather than staying where it was. Which has already added quite a bit of time when closely working between two pages next to each other back and forth!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:29 pm Just encountered this problem myself and came here to ask about it, so it's not just you. I'm not able to download any tease.
The recent maintenance seems to have changed something.
I can explain what happened here. During the recent maintenance, I made some improvements to site performance, allowing the server to handle a much greater number of requests at a time.

While I was working on that, I noticed that about 80-90% of the requests were coming from a single IP address in Hong Kong. It was some kind of bot that was requesting tease listings with different tag combinations infinitely.

As you may or may not know, Milovana doesn't generate any revenue, by choice. We don't run ads, we don't accept donations. This site is provided as a public service. A gift, from me to you. I'm fine paying for server costs when the server is working on serving real users, it's quite another thing if I'm paying for server costs mostly just to serve a single glitchy bot.

So I decided to turn on Cloudflare's anti-bot features. I didn't set it very aggressively, but it is going to try its best to filter out anything that isn't a human using a browser.

That is going to affect tease downloaders and other such tools. Because they also tend to put a lot more load on the server than regular users, I don't mind if these are more difficult now. At some point, I would like to implement an official download function which minimizes server load, maybe using BitTorrent or some external hosting service that doesn't charge us.

Shattered wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:46 pm Also one (albeit minor) annoying new change is when you go to click on a page, the list of pages on the left goes back to the top, rather than staying where it was. Which has already added quite a bit of time when closely working between two pages next to each other back and forth!
This should be fixed now!

Shattered wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:04 pm Trying to upload images to tease 50854, and some uploaded ok, but the ones I want aren't working. I remember some years ago we had issues with images uploading, so maybe its surfaced again.

EDIT: I tried compressing the image and the upload worked. Maybe a file size issue...
If you or anyone else is willing/able, please upload a sample image that Milovana doesn't accept on mega.nz and PM me a link. Then I can investigate the issue.

Truewilling wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:00 pm Some of the sounds in EOS teases are not working in Firefox anymore, for example with The Entrepreneur. Also in the console of Firefox when loading this tease,there is an error
Hmm, but sounds work in Firefox in other teases? That's quite odd!

I'm planning to overhaul that audio engine in Eos at some point, so unless this bug is affecting a lot of users and teases, I'll probably wait until after that overhaul to fix it.

I also just fixed a bug that was causing 400 errors when trying to re-publish a tease that previously won TOTM.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback, bug reports, and general support! :love:
Nice-Log
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nice-Log »

seraph0x:

If you are still working on improvements to the site, can you investigate why the Home and End keys sometimes don't work when editing the target page field in the EOS editor. It's this field in the screenshot below. Those keys work as expected after clicking into the field, but after making any edits, they don't work again until clicking out and back into the field. They instead seem to operate on the list of pages popup instead of on the text box.

Thank you,
Nice-Log
iCouteurs
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by iCouteurs »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been pointed out before in this thread (that's a bit too many posts), but I've noticed that the "You've been here X days ago" does not show up at the top of the website anymore.
I always found this feature to be super cool, now I have to go to my forum profile, which is a bit less convenient.

Is this a bug? If not, will it be brought back?

Thanks! :)
iCouteurs
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Carnal1 »

seraph0x wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:10 am
Truewilling wrote:
Some of the sounds in EOS teases are not working in Firefox anymore, for example with The Entrepreneur. Also in the console of Firefox when loading this tease,there is an error

Hmm, but sounds work in Firefox in other teases? That's quite odd!

I'm planning to overhaul that audio engine in Eos at some point, so unless this bug is affecting a lot of users and teases, I'll probably wait until after that overhaul to fix it.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback, bug reports, and general support! :love:
Just as info:
The mp3s downloaded from https://metronomer.com/classic/ won't work in teases when played on Firefox (tho they play fine outside of Milovana in the Firefox browser) which is unfortunate as that is one of the few(only?) sites to create and download clicktracks easily without having to sign up or install anything.
These also don't work: http://www.metronomebot.com/100-beats-p ... onome.html

MP3s from https://www.reuneker.nl/files/metronome/ work well, but it's not a very useful site due to limited BPM range and very long times. Fapnip's Simple Beats viewtopic.php?p=307281#p307281 works fine.

For a tease example, in Afro's The Entrepreneurhttps://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=66242 none of the stroking beats sound but the chime sounds fine.
The recent tease Keep the Beat with Marry Queen doesn't play sounds, but Teasefight Invitational Cup [1.1], Wheel of Misfortune 1.0 play well.

I'm pretty ignorant of the inner workings but I assume there's some slight variance in the encoding between the working and nonworking MP3s that Milovana can't currently deal with.
HerpDerp42
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by HerpDerp42 »

Carnal1 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:06 am Just as info:
The mp3s downloaded from https://metronomer.com/classic/ won't work in teases when played on Firefox (tho they play fine outside of Milovana in the Firefox browser) which is unfortunate as that is one of the few(only?) sites to create and download clicktracks easily without having to sign up or install anything.
These also don't work: http://www.metronomebot.com/100-beats-p ... onome.html

MP3s from https://www.reuneker.nl/files/metronome/ work well, but it's not a very useful site due to limited BPM range and very long times. Fapnip's Simple Beats viewtopic.php?p=307281#p307281 works fine.
Adding on to this topic: Undeniable_denial did upload some mp3s in his EOS tutorials thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22570&p=275385#p275385, which are working for me.
80%-ish dominant, straight, German, 30
PMs are always welcome.
Zer0_0reZ
Explorer
Explorer

Firefox audio

Post by Zer0_0reZ »

(Some) audio files created by metronomer.com start with error messages in html like:

Code: Select all

<br />\n<b>Warning</b>:  Undefined array key "format" in <b>/var/www/html/download.php</b> on line <b>7</b><br />\n
and for some reason eos in firefox is unable to play them correctly where otherwise it's able to ignore the faulty beginning and play the audio normally.
Removing the error message from the file fixes the issue:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 17a08c2115 (I used the first audio file from 'The Entrepreneur')

Possible fixes:
  • metronomer.com: fix errors; don't put errors into mp3 file
  • creator: check and if found remove errors from file
  • eos-editor: check file on upload and warn user OR trim error from file
  • eos-player/howler.js: fix problem with playing bad mp3 files in firefox
PoM269
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by PoM269 »

Looked at The Entrepreneur. Using Firefox. Problem fixed when converted sound from mono to stereo. Only tested with "no-1.mp3," hash d4d4fa7fd208fc8ee5d17d1f39badb1a529a2296