Whole Milovana laggs out when running a certain tease, ever since the maintenance

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Xalova
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Whole Milovana laggs out when running a certain tease, ever since the maintenance

Post by Xalova »

Hey.

My favourite tease (Throat Slut Services by Mochrion: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=57134) doesnt really work anymore as it is really slow when selecting anything. This bug(?) appeared since the maintenance. I have tried clearing my cache and other things. Just to verify i have freshly installed opera gx (never in my life used it) and started the tease there. same results.

the thing is that when i have this tease running all other EOS teases are lagging too. Which they arent when they run "solo". Idk what could possibly could cause this

I would love if someone could fact check that. maybe its something with my pc? i doubt it tho.

Any tips on how i can "repair" that?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Whole Milovana laggs out when running a certain tease, ever since the maintenance

Post by seraph0x »

Basically what was going on here is that this particular tease is structured in a unique way: Each page has dozens (maybe hundreds?) of "if" commands with different "image" commands inside. When Eos tries to load a page in the tease, it has to parse all of those image commands. In particular, image commands contain a locator pattern (something like "image-32a-*.jpg") so for each image command, Eos has to parse that pattern and compile it into something that it can then match against every single image in the tease.

When I updated Eos during the recent maintenance, one of the things that got updated was the library that parses those locator patterns and I guess the new version was actually slightly slower at compiling patterns.

I've now switched to another pattern parsing library which seems to be much faster. So please clear your cache and try now. :-)

Thanks for reporting this issue!
Xalova
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Whole Milovana laggs out when running a certain tease, ever since the maintenance

Post by Xalova »

seraph0x wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:38 pm Basically what was going on here is that this particular tease is structured in a unique way: Each page has dozens (maybe hundreds?) of "if" commands with different "image" commands inside. When Eos tries to load a page in the tease, it has to parse all of those image commands. In particular, image commands contain a locator pattern (something like "image-32a-*.jpg") so for each image command, Eos has to parse that pattern and compile it into something that it can then match against every single image in the tease.

When I updated Eos during the recent maintenance, one of the things that got updated was the library that parses those locator patterns and I guess the new version was actually slightly slower at compiling patterns.

I've now switched to another pattern parsing library which seems to be much faster. So please clear your cache and try now. :-)

Thanks for reporting this issue!
it is fast again! Thank you.

but... now the tease is utterly broken 😅. Wrong images at the wrong times, wrong metronomes and wrong dialogues. Everything is wrong now sadly...
Superstupidsissysubslave
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Owned by my girlfriend😊

Post by Superstupidsissysubslave »

Same to "The throat-fucking of Sakura by Mochrion" (it is the same prorgamming i think)

Please fix it, both are my favorite training teases :blush:
I´m very excited to test it, when its faster, because that was the only trouble these teases had.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, should be fixed. Sorry about that!
Xalova
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Xalova »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:13 pm Ok, should be fixed. Sorry about that!
Love it! THank you. And great work on the website!

I didnt find a link to support you/the website. Does such a link exist? Would love to contribute
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Thanks! I don't accept donations or run ads or make any money from this site. It's provided by me as a public service.

A simple "thank you" and a nice compliment every once in a while like you've just given are plenty of compensation for me. :love:
Mochrion
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Mochrion »

Wow, thanks Xalova for calling this issue out, and thank you seraph0x for quickly fixing it!

I definitely did experiment to see how far I could push the randomized images and audio in this tease :innocent: Happy it remained functional!