Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by diglet »

I considered that. After some investigation I concluded that multiple carrier frequency is exactly the same as amplitude modulation because of the product-to-sum identities for sine/cosine. You can do almost everything you can do with multiple carrier frequencies with the vibration tab. The vibration tab just does amplitude modulation.
uxxa
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by uxxa »

diglet wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:48 pm Restim is a piece of software that generates three-phase e-stim audio for stererostim boxes.
Dear Diglet,
I joined this forum with the intention of creating my own stereo estimation device, considering it a potential game-changer. However, with the assistance of Restim, I must acknowledge that it has truly become a life-changer! I appreciate the thorough exploration of topics, backed by scientific research, and the incredible output. Congratulations and thank you!
buzili
Explorer
Explorer

Post by buzili »

Has anyone found a way, to run the setup on MacOS (without having to run windows)?
installing restim with p3 was no big deal, but how do i get funscripts into restim?
having them synced to a video is next prio.
having restim run a funscript is my first goal (or did i get something terribly wrong, that "playing" a funscript is possible)
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

You can't load funscripts into Restim on mac because none of the funscript-syncing tools run on mac. The only thing that works is faptap + intiface.

I am working on integrating funscript loading and video sync into Restim. This will also work on mac and linux (with VLC as video player). I'm making good progress with the code, check back in two weeks.
buzili
Explorer
Explorer

Post by buzili »

diglet wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:03 am You can't load funscripts into Restim on mac because none of the funscript-syncing tools run on mac. The only thing that works is faptap + intiface.

I am working on integrating funscript loading and video sync into Restim. This will also work on mac and linux (with VLC as video player). I'm making good progress with the code, check back in two weeks.
Thanks for your answer AND FOR YOUR WORK!!

I fail to connect restim with intiface, bc i dont know how to get to the config folder, where I‘m supposed to add a file.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

On mac, the config file location is /Users/[UserName]/Library/ApplicationSupport/com.nonpolynomial/intiface_central/config/buttplug-user-device-config.json (from docs.buttplug.io).
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by froog »

Just wanted to say that I also managed to get restim built on mac. I did struggle a bit because I am not a developer. and PyQt5 is not easily installed on Mac M1 for some reason. Unfortunately I can't give a step by step because I tried so many things. But I did it., and might be able to help others. Looking forward to having funscript integration. For now I will continue to run scriptplayer in Parallels. I have not tried hooking it all up yet. Will update when I have with some details. Thankyou Diglet!
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

diglet wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:03 am You can't load funscripts into Restim on mac because none of the funscript-syncing tools run on mac. The only thing that works is faptap + intiface.

Hell yeah, thank you from the entire Mac community.
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by froog »

diglet wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 am On mac, the config file location is /Users/[UserName]/Library/ApplicationSupport/com.nonpolynomial/intiface_central/config/buttplug-user-device-config.json (from docs.buttplug.io).
I tried this on mac, where I have restim v1.12 built. When I start restim I get this error in the intiface log (2.5.3). It appears as soon as I start up restim.

"Got invalid messages from remote Buttplug connection....."
and a lot of json including a JsonSerializerError and other validation errors.

I thought it would be useful to share that. But more than happy to wait for the next version which I understand will not need buttplug for video and funscript syncing. :thankyou:
Cool Breeze
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Cool Breeze »

JakofClubs wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:45 pm
ZeeWW wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 pm
One other query is some funscripts that I convert via Restim and then play in MultiFunPlayer appear as a solid black bar with no waveform, peaks, or troughs. Am I doing something wrong?
I had that happen to me with CH-Tranquilizer. Restarting Restim and MultiFunPlayer resolved that for me, but those are known, working scripts.

I'm not completely sure how Restim knows which funscrips to open, but looking at CH-Tranquilizer, it uses
  • CH-Tranquilizer.alpha.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.beta.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.frequency.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.volume.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.mp4
If you look at CH-Tranquilizer viewtopic.php?t=26682 you'll see that alpha, beta, volume and frequency are set up in both Restim and MultiFunPlayer
I found out that the name of the funscript AND the name of the video needs to be the same so RESTIM will load the matching funscript. When you see that black bar in MFP it probably is a name mismatch.

In the case of CH-Tranquilizer.mp4 the part before the dot needs to match for example
CH-Tranquilizer.alpha.funscript works with CH-Tranquilizer.mp4
Cock-Hero-Tranquilizer.alpha.funscript is NOT a match with CH-Tranquilizer.mp4
While this does works: Cock-Hero-Tranquilizer.alpha.funscript AND Cock-Hero-Tranquilizer.mp4

Good luck, RESTIM is just awesome!
ZeeWW
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by ZeeWW »

@Cool Breeze you are absolutely correct. I've just my problematic files, corrected the file path names and all of them now work!!!! :-D
lorada
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lorada »

I've been trying to calibrate Restim according to the directions on the wiki, but I have a problem:

When playing the circle pattern, I get plenty of sensation when the green dot is on the upper half of the circle, but absolutely no sensation on the lower half. I try to adjust by clicking the lower portion of the diagram, but while the settings change, I still feel nothing on the lower half of the pattern. I have lowered the Neutral power to the point where there is no sensation on the upper half either, but that just leaves me with zero sensation all around.

I have tried playing around with the Neutral, Right and Center power levels, as well as rotating the pattern in the "adjust limits" section, but I have had no luck. I am hesitant to experiment more, lest I zap off my fleshy bits.

Any idea where I'm going wrong? Should I be checking my electrodes?

For context, I'm using a stereostim box with electrodes at tip, base, and prostate.

Thanks.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

lorada wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:48 am I've been trying to calibrate Restim according to the directions on the wiki, but I have a problem:

When playing the circle pattern, I get plenty of sensation when the green dot is on the upper half of the circle, but absolutely no sensation on the lower half. I try to adjust by clicking the lower portion of the diagram, but while the settings change, I still feel nothing on the lower half of the pattern. I have lowered the Neutral power to the point where there is no sensation on the upper half either, but that just leaves me with zero sensation all around.

I have tried playing around with the Neutral, Right and Center power levels, as well as rotating the pattern in the "adjust limits" section, but I have had no luck. I am hesitant to experiment more, lest I zap off my fleshy bits.

For context, I'm using a stereostim box with electrodes at tip, base, and prostate.

Thanks.

I think this is expected. Because of the construction of these DIY stimboxes, the power output on the neutral electrode is much higher than on the other electrodes. With the default settings, it is normal that you only feel something when the dot is at neutral.

When you lower the neutral power, the intensity at the top is reduced and the intensity at the bottom stays the same (approximately), so to compensate you should increase the volume. I usually end up with the neutral between -4 and -6, but this is dependent on electrode config (I rarely use internal electrodes). -6dB means a 4x power difference between top and bottom position, if you need more than that, perhaps there is something wrong with your setup?

With some setups it doesn't work very well, particularly when there's a very big difference in sensitivity between the electrodes. But I think Kelvinator uses your exact setup so it should be fine.

Adjust limits and rotation are useless when calibrating.
lorada
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lorada »

diglet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:48 am
lorada wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:48 am I've been trying to calibrate Restim according to the directions on the wiki, but I have a problem:

Thanks.

I think this is expected. Because of the construction of these DIY stimboxes, the power output on the neutral electrode is much higher than on the other electrodes. With the default settings, it is normal that you only feel something when the dot is at neutral.

When you lower the neutral power, the intensity at the top is reduced and the intensity at the bottom stays the same (approximately), so to compensate you should increase the volume. I usually end up with the neutral between -4 and -6, but this is dependent on electrode config (I rarely use internal electrodes). -6dB means a 4x power difference between top and bottom position, if you need more than that, perhaps there is something wrong with your setup?

With some setups it doesn't work very well, particularly when there's a very big difference in sensitivity between the electrodes. But I think Kelvinator uses your exact setup so it should be fine.

Adjust limits and rotation are useless when calibrating.
I took the neutral power all the way down to -15dB, raising the volume correspondingly. Still no sensation on the lower half of the pattern. Maybe I've hit the limit of physics with my electrodes. Do you have any insight, @Kelvinator?
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

lorada wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:18 pm

I took the neutral power all the way down to -15dB, raising the volume correspondingly. Still no sensation on the lower half of the pattern. Maybe I've hit the limit of physics with my electrodes. Do you have any insight, @Kelvinator?
I don't think old or bad electrodes can explain that. It sounds like you are outputting to a mono audio device. Try these things:

In preferences, audio tab, select "Windows WDM-KS" as the audio driver. This bypasses the normal windows audio settings. If the problem persists you know the problem is not caused by windows drivers or strange windows audio configuration.

If you connected the stimbox with 3.5mm audio cable, try attaching some stereo headphones or speakers on that port, does it actually output a stereo signal?

If neither of these things work, I'd begin to suspect your stimbox.