[RELEASE] Monopoly!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE] Monopoly!

Post by bbb11__ »

giannitrib wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:07 am Yeah - had a play with it today - looks quite good so far though there are some bugs
The first is the one that others have mentioned on the start page - i think it needs the goto page changed from "player" to "player*" and then it should work
I worked around this using preview/debug mode and manually went to the player-cassidy or player-marry page to get it started
Spoiler: show
A couple of times the tease seemed to lose the value of the player's bank balance and/or the location they moved to following a roll. For the bank balance this sometimes gave some odd results and at times seemed to fix itself after an event but at other times did not. This made for a never ending loop in the income tax edging page since the number of edges is based on the bank balance, which was NaN. The counting of edges never added up to NaN so you got stuck there. I used the debug mode to switch out after i'd gone through about 25 edges.
The rest of the gameplay seems to work pretty smoothly with some good and interesting twists
If you can fix some of the bugs that would make this quite a fun tease which i look forward to trying again
I made the player* fix for opponent selection - annoying how one character can throw off a whole project.... but it's fixed!

I'll have to look into the loop and bank bugs. Not sure what is causing NaN, but I'll dig into it!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

I'm impressed that you were able to code all of this!

It might be tough to pull off but it would appeal to me a lot more if each "territory" was a different girl. As you get more of a monopoly and build more onto her area is when that model strips further or engages in other acts.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Damn it, that is an awesome idea! I was trying to think of how to make each property unique but couldn't really come up with anything... that's so obvious and awesome!
Maybe I'll do Monopoly 2.0 on this premise.

Appreciate the feedback and plays!
0088_
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 0088_ »

I like the concept! I really like Cassidy and her images! I love the randomness, the low amount of strokes, the stroke sounds, the edges!

I thought the flow of the game felt a bit eratic. Some texts wait for you to click, while some skip ahead after a few seconds on their own. Would be nice to either have a timer, or wait for a click. Or do both for all texts, that works as well. Also, sorry to say, but with a boardgame, you kind of have to visualize the board (which you did), but also the pieces on it in some way. After two turn, I had no clue where I was, she was, my houses were and her houses were. Still fun to play, but then you might as well get rid of the whole boardgame theme and just make it a game of randomness.

Also, I encountered this bug:
monopoly_downscaled.png
monopoly_downscaled.png (286.52 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
Thanks for making, was fun to play! Please continue making teases or improve this one!
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and feedback! Always nice to hear positive words.

To display where you are on the board I’d need 1600 images for all the possible combos of both players’ position and I just didn’t want to do all those. I do agree without that it feels random and less board-game.

I’ll address the clicks complaint, it’s been a constant theme on this thread. I always hate having to click too much during a tease, but understand now that this one needs clicks to get the pacing right and it’s inconsistent. I’m working on it.

I thought I knew where the NaN bug was coming from but can’t get it to duplicate now. Still working through that one.
MotoMike
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MotoMike »

I've played it again - great work on the changes!
FeetTickler
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FeetTickler »

bbb11__ wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:34 pm Thanks for sharing the screenshot and feedback! Always nice to hear positive words.

To display where you are on the board I’d need 1600 images for all the possible combos of both players’ position and I just didn’t want to do all those. I do agree without that it feels random and less board-game.

I’ll address the clicks complaint, it’s been a constant theme on this thread. I always hate having to click too much during a tease, but understand now that this one needs clicks to get the pacing right and it’s inconsistent. I’m working on it.

I thought I knew where the NaN bug was coming from but can’t get it to duplicate now. Still working through that one.
If you want I can help you make a script to generate all the possibilities. Then it would just need a naming scheme and you could automate it in EOS.

For the things players own you could have a button on the right displaying an inventory. That either list everything as text or again generate images to display the possible combinations but that would be a lot. Unfortunate you can't use canvas in EOS to edit images on the go. I actually had an idea to make a Monopoly game a few years ago too but gave up because of how annoying it would be for players to keep track of what they own and stuff
state_of_arousal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by state_of_arousal »

0088_ wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:49 pm I like the concept! I really like Cassidy and her images! I love the randomness, the low amount of strokes, the stroke sounds, the edges!

I thought the flow of the game felt a bit eratic. Some texts wait for you to click, while some skip ahead after a few seconds on their own. Would be nice to either have a timer, or wait for a click. Or do both for all texts, that works as well. Also, sorry to say, but with a boardgame, you kind of have to visualize the board (which you did), but also the pieces on it in some way. After two turn, I had no clue where I was, she was, my houses were and her houses were. Still fun to play, but then you might as well get rid of the whole boardgame theme and just make it a game of randomness.

monopoly_downscaled.png

Thanks for making, was fun to play! Please continue making teases or improve this one!
I think this error happens when you land on GO.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

FeetTickler wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:08 am
If you want I can help you make a script to generate all the possibilities. Then it would just need a naming scheme and you could automate it in EOS.

For the things players own you could have a button on the right displaying an inventory. That either list everything as text or again generate images to display the possible combinations but that would be a lot. Unfortunate you can't use canvas in EOS to edit images on the go. I actually had an idea to make a Monopoly game a few years ago too but gave up because of how annoying it would be for players to keep track of what they own and stuff
Adding a button to list what properties are owned would be easy enough. Just have to get the timing down so it doesn’t skip any turns or anything. But I need to get the pacing under control anyways. So I’ll look into adding that!

The images/pages is just a lot. I’m not actually good with JavaScript, just enough to make EOS work and adding 1600 uniquely named pages is a lot.
psychic42
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by psychic42 »

state_of_arousal wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:07 pm
0088_ wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:49 pm I like the concept! I really like Cassidy and her images! I love the randomness, the low amount of strokes, the stroke sounds, the edges!

monopoly_downscaled.png

I think this error happens when you land on GO.
same exact issue as the original poster. Rolled a 12 and landed on GO, which means I came from water works. not sure if that matters, or if it just landing on GO that triggers the issue. Fun aside from that
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

The NaN bug should be fixed!! Arrays count from 0, not 1 so my math was adding an extra space to the board. Hopefully that fixes it and it’s 100% playable instead of 98%!

Might add another opponent and am trying to find ways to add more kinks. Appreciate all the feedback.
New opponent and kinks might be released in a 1.1 or 2.0 instead of an update since this was so buggy to start.
Zinni
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Zinni »

the "go to jail card" was broken for me.
Blubyblub
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blubyblub »

I tried it, it was fun but indeed just random since you don't know where you are and what you own. Regardless I played till the end. As for kinks maybe you could add a personage for anal? Different colors could be different types of strokes, each time you leave jail you have to take a thicker dildo, etc.
Fappy_hands
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Fappy_hands »

Really fun tease, love the concept of it. Might be fun to add a chastity option, could make going to jail more interesting.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Tried playing this today and was enjoying it until I landed on Go and got stuck in a loop.

I rolled a 2 and landed on go, and was told I collect $200, and a chance to cum, and an orgasm would cost me $10,000.
I only had $998, so it says "you don't have enough" and then it rolls 2 again and just keeps looping.

The $200 never gets added to my bank, and it never actually rolls a new number or updates my position.
It always rolls 2, and always lands on go.

As a side note I also landed on the square that makes you pay taxes (I think it was taxes) a couple times and chose to pay with another option. Both times the "cost" was 8 edges. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I would have expected the number of edges to be based on how much money I have. It might also be nice to have a choice on how to pay, like paying with strokes, or edges, or even a combination. Maybe something like 8 edges, or 400 strokes?

Looking forward to trying it again!

PG