EOS Editing Issue Since Update

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

EOS Editing Issue Since Update

Post by ritewriter »

I've been having an EOS editing issue since the update. When you create a new line, image, goto, etc, it automatically appears at the bottom of the page instead of appearing under the currently highlighted command. While I can move the line up by dragging, there's no way to get it inside an IF option, which makes it basically impossible to create or edit IFs. The same thing happens if I cut or copy and paste. The paste goes to the very bottom of the page and can't be moved up into a branching segment no matter what.

Unfortunately that makes creating new passages or modifying existing ones very difficult if not impossible.

Another much more minor issue, when editing EVAL segments, the cursor sometimes appears a few spaces to the left of where I'm typing, which can be confusing. When selecting an entire EVAL text, the last few spaces sometimes don't highlight, though copy or cut still gets the whole thing.

MS Edge on PC. I haven't tested other browsers yet.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Re: EOS Editing Issue Since Update

Post by kerkersklave »

To create actions inside a if then or else case, there is a different "create action" button there. The main one for the page only adds actions to the page, and I'm pretty sure it always did add the action at the end of the page.

Are you sure you're using the right buttons?

If you have copied an action there is also a paste-button inside the if to paste the actions there.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Thanks. I played with it, and yes, there's a way to work around the problem. Now you have to open the IF segment and make sure you use only the CREATE ACTION button on the right side of the screen. The new action still goes at the end of the IF section, but at least it's inside it and can then be dragged up.

But it didn't used to work that way. It used to be if you highlighted an action, then hit CREATE ACTION, the new action would always go directly after the highlighted action, no matter which of the available CREATE ACTION buttons you used. Something definitely broke/changed and the old way was much easier to use.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Both of these issues should be fixed now. Please let us know if you are still experiencing either problem.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:11 am Both of these issues should be fixed now. Please let us know if you are still experiencing either problem.
Both seem fixed for me! Thank you.