New Cock Hero In Development, a 4K at 60FPS adventure.

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: New Cock Hero In Development, a 4K at 60FPS adventure.

Post by Pseudonym »

Clintron wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:27 am Luckily all the source materials that I have gathered for this project are H264, 3840x2160 @ 60FPS so no need to use any AI upscale or anything. I think most of the source material was shot on very fancy cameras. RED?? I started using Adobe Premiere Pro with a 2nd Pass and my little mini cuts are looking fantastic. No dip in quality. I'm not sure why my little edits are so big in file size though...but I think it'll be okay.
If a minute of your rendered video is significantly bigger than a minute of the source video, you might have the bitrate set up too high. You can look up some recommended bitrate values for 4K 60fps H265 video.
Try lowering it, do couple of test renders with different values and settings, compare the visual quality, file size and render time, and come up with some render template that you feel comfortable with.

In other words, you want to keep lowering the bitrate as much as possible as long as it doesn't affect the video quality beyond the point that is noticable and unacceptable for you.
2-pass rendering is great because it helps you achieve the same quality with lower file size, at a cost of longer render times.
Using H265 encoding can cut the file size by about half compared to H264, again at the cost of longer render time AND resources needed to play these videos.

You don't have to figure out all that technical stuff right away btw. :)
Good luck!
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

th@nat0s wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:04 pm
Tittyluvr1334 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:41 am
th@nat0s wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:02 pm That kind of content has many fans here! :-)
Guilty. :wave:
The legend from Erosphere! Let me pounce on this opportunity to thank you for the Canto series! :-D
:-) You're quite welcome. We did it all for ourselves mostly. But happy to share. :w00t:

I hope your own venture is moving along nicely! I'm very much looking fwd to taking it for a spin.
th@nat0s
Explorer
Explorer

Post by th@nat0s »

Thanks for getting back @Tittyluvr1334! Just wanted to clarify that I have no venture of my own (maybe one day!), am just a fan. But yes, I think many people are looking forward to @Clintron's eventual release! :bounce:
phx
Explorer
Explorer

Post by phx »

Clintron wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:52 am I'm trying to figure out a way to edit these H264 files with minimal compression

Any feedback is welcome.
What you want is to set up a Proxy Workflow. Rather than working directly on the source 4K footage, you work on a smaller proxy (say 540p or 1080p) using a codec for intermediate work. On Windows that's typically DNxHR SQ or h.264 if space is of a premium. On a Mac, that's typically Apple ProRes (Because their ARM-based chips have a hardware decoder for the codec built-in).

When you want to deliver, you use the original footage. Most of the NLEs (Resolve included) have a way to do this seamlessly.

There's a couple of immediate benefits:
  • The power of your PC doesn't matter as much. Just drop the proxy resolution further, and you'll have fast edits.
  • Suppose the original footage is encoded in a way which makes it hard for the NLE to handle. The proxies are built to be easy to handle, even if they are built using h.264 (because there's multiple ways to compress into h.264 and some of them are hard for the NLE to process efficiently.
  • You can disconnect the original footage and only work with proxies.
  • Proxies can be a lot smaller in file size, because of the resolution drop.
  • There's no loss of quality from the originals.
  • When you are editing, you are typically looking at a source monitor that is fairly small on the screen, so lower resolution imagery will look perfectly fine.
  • When you add effects to the material, your PC only has to process a small image for each frame. This lets you do realtime playback with lots of effects on a beefy workstation, giving you way more processing headroom.
As for your 4K@60 choice: remember that if you want to punch-in/pan/zoom footage, you generally want the source resolution to be higher than your target. So for 4K, you want footage in higher than 4K if you need to transform it. If you plan on doing slow-motion, it is typically best if you have double the frame rate in your source material. So 60fps needs something along the lines of 120fps raw footage. A way around this limitation is "optical flow" which utilizes the optical flow accelerator in NVidia GPUs to generate intermediate frames, but note there are times where it generates artifacts.