Convert flash tease

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Convert flash tease

Post by dragoul »

A very long time ago, I've written some flash teases. I've never published them though, even though I think they were quite finished. Is there a way to convert them to an eos or html5 tease? The problem is, that I only have them stored in the old nyx editor which is not accessible without flash anymore. I also have quite recent backups of the teases' codes maybe that helps?
giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Convert flash tease

Post by giannitrib »

A while back fapnip, who doesn't contribute anymore, made a nyx to eos converter:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24293
I don't know how much success anyone has had with it
There is a link in the post for how to access the code for an unpublished tease and the functionality to use an exported json file as the source to parse through the converter
Once converted it will generate a json file which you can then use to import into a newly created tease in eos
I've tried it and it does seem to work - however you may find you still need to make changes in eos to fix functionality that hasn't transferred across to eos

You can still get into the editor by using "old" browsers such as this version of cent browser:
https://www.centbrowser.com/history.html#4.3.9.248
It has flash built in but you need to make sure you disable updates as soon as it has been installed otherwise it will start downloading the latest version where flash has been disabled
However, given nyx hasn't been supported for so long, some components of it may not work anymore
And i don't know how they would appear if you published teases through nyx now, or if that even works

The other option is to recreate them as new in eos - it is a very intuitive editor, and it may not take that long to do so

Hopefully some of that is useful and you are able to get your old flash teases into eos and looking forward to seeing them