Commercial Estim

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
jimsport
Explorer
Explorer

Commercial Estim

Post by jimsport »

I'm looking to get into estim and very interested in the audio teases on here.

I was going to purchase the 2B, however apparently it will not work.

What is a commerical ESTIM that works, not interested in a DIY.
AmvetSB
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Commercial Estim

Post by AmvetSB »

The 2B works okay with most of the estim (audio) teases here. You may have to tinker with your computer audio settings to get the most out of the experience but you would have to do that with any audio fed estim device...
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

There is no commercial device that works with teases, unless the tease was specifically designed for some of these devices.

I bought 2B because of Milovana, actually because of few Rillo's teases, sold it later since I find it too unpleasant compared to DIY, and I built MK-312s, which are pleasant to use but they are not suitable for most teases here (aside from Experiment series which is designed for ET-312 and its ramp function).

What you can do though, is use an MK-312 for all teases that have configurable ramp, then set that ramp to 0 (same start and end values), or lowest possible, and once calibrated, use its own ramp function.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

You could try to find a BT-Stim, good spot to try would be on socialstim.org.

DIY builders often say it doesn't take a lot of skill and is easy. I have found that many people who are adept with engineering - software, electrical, and other - tend to fail in recognizing the skill sets required to source and build a DIY device are well outside those of an average person.

I can use a soldering iron and understand some basics - but frequently the discussions on building a device in these kind of forums have a tendency to go way over my head very quickly. I imagine it is similar for many who would like to try but lack the skills or knowledge.

I built a cheap DIY to see for myself, I believe it was off the Davey Box instructions - it's been a while, but it was very straightforward. I have not attempted to build a more complex or more powerful device, I bought a BT Stim instead. FWIW, I have had to make a couple repairs to the potentiometers and a loose transfomer, and found that pretty simple.

That said...DIY or BT Stim are the only ways to get a device which operates without some sort of audio processing. It's that processor and the "safeties" built in, which fuck with certain signals - frequencies get filtered, as do abrupt starts/stops. Most of the "pain" files will be abrupt changes, most of the beat files like in Cock Hero get filtered by the 2B. The difference between a DIY and a ET/MK-312 or 2B is pretty significant on regular files too. That is of course like Edger says, dependent on the type of file and some with user settings.

It's not a terribly cheap hobby, but to put things in perspective, getting all the plugs, wires, and electrodes as well as a nice stim box, is roughly the cost of 2 x 90 min sessions with a decent pro-domme. And you don't have to tip your stim box, plus once it's paid for, it's yours.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by boundupone »

kinks deep device should be released by end of this year, but is a few years behind schedule and audio will apparently need to come in a future update to the software, so perhaps wait and watch, but i plan on buying one when available in my country
Try anything once!
jimsport
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jimsport »

edger477 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:32 pm There is no commercial device that works with teases, unless the tease was specifically designed for some of these devices.

I bought 2B because of Milovana, actually because of few Rillo's teases, sold it later since I find it too unpleasant compared to DIY, and I built MK-312s, which are pleasant to use but they are not suitable for most teases here (aside from Experiment series which is designed for ET-312 and its ramp function).

What you can do though, is use an MK-312 for all teases that have configurable ramp, then set that ramp to 0 (same start and end values), or lowest possible, and once calibrated, use its own ramp function.
Hows the 2B unpleasant? Not worth at all purchasing for the cockhero estim/teases if i cant get anything else?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

jimsport wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:55 am Hows the 2B unpleasant? Not worth at all purchasing for the cockhero estim/teases if i cant get anything else?
Some people like it. To me it was too much like tens device, pricky and stingy. It is great for pain-based stuff tho :)

2B has assymetric pulses (only one pulse, no second one in opposite direction) and I think that is why it feels like it feels.

I can't tell if you would like it, but I sold mine because I did not use it.
Míchael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Míchael »

My2cents:

I only own the 2b and i choose the 2b since i wanted some solid and safe piece of hardware. The only real competition in that regard is probably the oglabs coyote and the MK-312BT (which is hard to get and more expensive than the 2b).

I went with the 2b since the maker offers a lifetime guarantee and they are based in the uk. I rather support a UK company than a chinese one (personal tastes). E-Stim Systems ( the maker of the 2b) is also making estim boxes for more than 10 years and have a good reputation. Lastly I also appreciated that the 2b is able to put more power out than the coyote if you buy the power cable. The power thing becomes very important if you want to do prostate stuff since you need more power to feel anything in the back.

I wanted to get into Estim to achieve the mystical HFO and to experience the hourlong edging sessions without the need to move a hand. And believe me i got that much faster than i ever thought possible. In my second session i achieved the HFO and be able to reach it again in every stim session if I take the time same goes for the hourlong edging. I achieved that with the stim teases on this site.

Its true that there are some teases that are not build with the 2b in mind you can play those and enjoy them but there are also lots of teases that are build for the 2b. Some of my favorites are: Estim Laboratory, Estim Hack and Estim Chatroom, Estim Snakes and Ladders, Estim Mansion Quarantine.

For stimming i actually like the cockhero style videos more than teases. My favorites are: Kaidence King - milking machine sperm donation, ESTIM-Lily Ivy, Sync Hero Vol 01, La Luna 3

The only thing im having trouble with tbh is the prostate stuff i own the moaner electrode but wasnt able to achieve a prostate orgasm yet or to fell the ghost fucking sensation.

Since I dont own a self build stim box I dont know what im missing in the files i consume but what i got is plenty and worthwhile. I think for beginners its a better route to go with a commercial box or even a tens unit first before starting to build their own box.

TLDR: I have a 2b and love it, Go for it and dont worry about missing out stuff, you can always choose to build your own box later on.
jimsport
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jimsport »

Míchael wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:52 pm My2cents:

I only own the 2b and i choose the 2b since i wanted some solid and safe piece of hardware. The only real competition in that regard is probably the oglabs coyote and the MK-312BT (which is hard to get and more expensive than the 2b).

I went with the 2b since the maker offers a lifetime guarantee and they are based in the uk. I rather support a UK company than a chinese one (personal tastes). E-Stim Systems ( the maker of the 2b) is also making estim boxes for more than 10 years and have a good reputation. Lastly I also appreciated that the 2b is able to put more power out than the coyote if you buy the power cable. The power thing becomes very important if you want to do prostate stuff since you need more power to feel anything in the back.

I wanted to get into Estim to achieve the mystical HFO and to experience the hourlong edging sessions without the need to move a hand. And believe me i got that much faster than i ever thought possible. In my second session i achieved the HFO and be able to reach it again in every stim session if I take the time same goes for the hourlong edging. I achieved that with the stim teases on this site.

Its true that there are some teases that are not build with the 2b in mind you can play those and enjoy them but there are also lots of teases that are build for the 2b. Some of my favorites are: Estim Laboratory, Estim Hack and Estim Chatroom, Estim Snakes and Ladders, Estim Mansion Quarantine.

For stimming i actually like the cockhero style videos more than teases. My favorites are: Kaidence King - milking machine sperm donation, ESTIM-Lily Ivy, Sync Hero Vol 01, La Luna 3

The only thing im having trouble with tbh is the prostate stuff i own the moaner electrode but wasnt able to achieve a prostate orgasm yet or to fell the ghost fucking sensation.

Since I dont own a self build stim box I dont know what im missing in the files i consume but what i got is plenty and worthwhile. I think for beginners its a better route to go with a commercial box or even a tens unit first before starting to build their own box.

TLDR: I have a 2b and love it, Go for it and dont worry about missing out stuff, you can always choose to build your own box later on.

Thanks for the input, so the 2B seems to work fine with the cock hero teases?
Míchael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Míchael »

Works great for me but i dont know the difference between custom made box and 2b since i only own the 2b ;)
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

jimsport wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:01 am
Míchael wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:52 pm My2cents:

Former 2B owner here. No, it does not. Nowhere near the capability of a stereo box, and well below the ET312.
I have not had good experiences in dealing with Estim Systems when there was a warranty/product issue, and I found myself banned from the forums without explanation. This was ~5-6 years ago, maybe things have changed, but at the time the support for firmware was heavily gatekept and they repeatedly denied the audio processor was too heavy-handed. I found it had filtered out most of the signals from many audio files, not just CH. The software was designed for MUSIC AUDIO, and Estim audio is very different. The updated version I had to basically pirate elsewhere, was a pain to load and update, and once it was running I found that it was marginally better for regular estim audio, but still failed at any of the CH and tease files, because it really didn't like quick signal changes.

If you've not used anything but a TENS unit before, the 2B is definitely a step up. But once you try a ET312 or DIY stereo box, the shortcomings of the 2B become quickly obvious. If the designer/owner wasn't such a hard-headed, stubborn jerk, and listened to the stim community instead of telling us what we're doing wrong, I have no doubt the capability would be much better, but still boxed in by design choices (see Edger's post on waveforms).

I bought mine from an authorized seller here in the states, and when I went to get support for the device, I was accused several times of buying 2nd hand or from an unauth'd reseller.

Once I built my little DIY box and tried out the difference, I did a bunch of homework and figured the extra ~$150 (at the time) for the early edition BT Stim was worth it. Since then, the BT has seen a lot of updates, and word is BT himself is selling and building a couple boxes again as they are able.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

Míchael wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:46 am
Works great for me but i dont know the difference between custom made box and 2b since i only own the 2b ;)
A DIY/custom box will generally be a pure analog system, without any software being used to filter files. Commercial units are obligated to have a regulator built in, so that a user can't inadvertently hurt themselves badly enough for a lawsuit, and to pass CE/UL regulations for electrical devices.

If you've never used another device besides the 2B, then you really don't have anything to compare it to, right? It does work, and it's a much more powerful device than a TENS, but when you break down the differences in terms of signal and waveform, there is a lot that gets filtered out by the 2B, and the waveform is a different sensation.

Comparing to the ET-312, the processor is significant, but the waveform difference allows a more powerful sensation experience in a smaller package. ET is a big old heavy brick - it's very powerful too, and there are a few settings to adjust how it processes signal.

Compare it to regular audio: A TENS is basically going to be a mono speaker on a cassette player. A 2B is like an MP3 playing boom box. An ET-312 is a digital receiver you can buy off the shelf for watching some movies. A DIY/stereo build is a audiophile's home system used to play LPs in stereo sound. Any of the options will play Dark Side of the Moon, it just depends on how you want to experience it.