[RELEASE]ESTIM funscript to wav

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
estimlove
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

[RELEASE]ESTIM funscript to wav

Post by estimlove »

Hello everyone, this is my first post. This software converts funscript files into WAV audio files. It doesn't have many features; the conversion principle is based on the stroke speed to control the volume and frequency. The faster the speed, the louder the volume and the lower the frequency. The dividing line is set at pos=50, above which is the left channel and below which is the right channel. Your feedback on any bugs is welcome. I apologize for my limited English proficiency.

https://github.com/MediocreYYYY/funscri ... /funscript

I only have DG-lab, so this is basically designed for dual-channel. I am just a newbie and self-taught in Python to create this software. I don't have a deep understanding of E-stim either. Let's just take it as a joke.

There may be other bugs as well, so feel free to provide feedback.
Attachments
Snipaste_2023-08-23_11-38-27.png
Snipaste_2023-08-23_11-38-27.png (78.76 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Last edited by estimlove on Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [RELEASE]ESTIM funscript to wav

Post by edger477 »

Hello and welcome!

This is an interesting approach. I am not sure if you are aware how other converters work (most popular funscript converter translates to triphase wave of constant volume where left channel is just carrier frequency and right phase-shifted according to current funscript position). This produces volume changes that cause stroking sensation, but there is no ramp up/down and increase of intensity when movement is faster, which makes some sense as then you basically increase stimulation by creating faster script, and tuning limits and curve of this behavior has a lot of potential.
estimlove
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by estimlove »

edger477 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:30 pm Hello and welcome!

This is an interesting approach. I am not sure if you are aware how other converters work (most popular funscript converter translates to triphase wave of constant volume where left channel is just carrier frequency and right phase-shifted according to current funscript position). This produces volume changes that cause stroking sensation, but there is no ramp up/down and increase of intensity when movement is faster, which makes some sense as then you basically increase stimulation by creating faster script, and tuning limits and curve of this behavior has a lot of potential.
This version has a few bugs now, please wait for me to fix them. I was too busy to test the final result before releasing it, and the bugs occurred after adding the UI interface. Thank you for your feedback and discussion..
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

Why WAV and not MP3? Both existing converters use mp3 from funscript, and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the files.

Are you able to offer more definition or improved simulation of a stroke pattern with this format? Would rather see folks improve on the current, tested and proven converters than introduce a new one and restart the whole process.

FWIW, in my decade + of stimming, I can’t discern the sensation differences between a WAV and MP3. Some in the past argued that clarity of a signal in WAV was better, but I’ve not seen any recent evidence?
estimlove
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by estimlove »

throwawayacct wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:44 pm Why WAV and not MP3? Both existing converters use mp3 from funscript, and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the files.

Are you able to offer more definition or improved simulation of a stroke pattern with this format? Would rather see folks improve on the current, tested and proven converters than introduce a new one and restart the whole process.

FWIW, in my decade + of stimming, I can’t discern the sensation differences between a WAV and MP3. Some in the past argued that clarity of a signal in WAV was better, but I’ve not seen any recent evidence?
The WAV format is not the focus, and I don't know the difference between WAV and MP3 in this context either. I use stroke speed to control volume and frequency, and the waveform is the result of interpolation. As I said, I'm just a newbie, so let's take it as a joke.