[EOS/TOOL] Classic to Eos Tease Converter

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[EOS/TOOL] Classic to Eos Tease Converter

Post by fapnip »

I hesitate releasing this for many reasons, including concern about the load it could put on Milovana's server if abused, that some purists will probably be upset over the thought of their favorite Classic tease being converted and the risk of a bunch of bad conversions, but...

Here's a tool that will convert Classic teases to Eos JSON that can be imported into a new Eos tease:
https://codepen.io/fapnip/full/jOwdZyg

Why would you want to convert a Classic tease to Eos? Perhaps you started writing a Classic tease, and realized you wanted to make it interactive. Perhaps you want to play your favorite Classic tease on a phone more easily... perhaps... I don't know, you tell me.

Hint: If you want the converted Eos tease to allow continuing to the next page using spacebar, like you can in Classic teases, select the "Merge "Continue" buttons with last Say action" option.

Notes: Be patient, keep your expectations low, it will have bugs, only works on published teases -- unless you append your session id to the tease URL. (It will take some time to download every tease page for conversion.)

Here's an example conversion of bennygrimm's Artificial Alyssia: The Beginning, with "History" set to Unlimited, and "Merge Last Continue Button with Say" enabled:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=53037&key=49a729ac01
Last edited by fapnip on Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [EOS/TOOL] Classic to Eos Tease Converter

Post by fapnip »

As of v0.2.1, when "Auto Generate Extra Buttons" is selected, the converter will try to generate random numbers for text like "Roll a number between 2 and 8", appending "-- You Rolled [random number] --" . May help make some converted teases a little more playable without intense modification in Eos.

(A variable, "lastRandom", will contain the last random number generated.)

The converter now caches the tease it downloaded, so you don't need to re-download it again just to test out new versions/settings of the converter on the same tease -- provided you don't clear your browser cache, aren't in private mode, etc.

There is also now a "Back Button" option that allows you to enable a page history tracking module (like when you navigate pages in a browser) and a "Back" button, allowing you to navigate back to the previous tease page(s) you visited. (If history is enabled, you can get the ID of the previous page, if any, with "history.lastPage()". If you want to go back 4 pages, you can do a "history.back(4)")
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Since v0.4.1, you can now select "Add Goto button" to enable a "Go to" button on every page that, when selected, will prompt the player for a page number, or allow them to enter things like "-5" or "+5" go to, say, page 45 or 55 if they were currently on page 50.

(Page index is tracked in an array of page names in the Init Script. If you rename/add/move/remove pages, you'll need to update that array as well. While I could have just tracked pages by the default "page#" name the converter gives them, this would have broken if pages are renamed, etc.)

Note: If anyone is finding this tool useful, let me know and I may keep working on it -- else, I'll just assume it's ill-conceived and let it die on the vine.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Based on lack of expressed interest, I'm not going to waste any more time on this tool -- except to give some complicated instructions for those who may like to convert some of their un-published Classic teases:

To convert any of your un-unpublished classic teases, you'll need to extract your session ID cookie from a currently active session on Milovana, and then append that to your tease preview ID.

1. To get your session ID (the complicated part):
1a. While logged in and viewing a forum page on Milovana.com, follow the instructions here to view the cookies on milovana.com.
1b. You want the cookie value for the cookie named phpbb[varies]_sid. It will be a 32 digit hexadecimal value, like: "3d0cd5b49e83282792755d81867af94f".

2. To use your session id to convert your un-published tease, preview any page of your classic tease and copy its URL, for example:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52599&p=1&preview=1
2a. Append "&sid=" plus your session id from 1b, above, to the URL, for example:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52599&p=1&preview=1&sid=3d0cd5b49e83282792755d81867af94f
2b. Paste that URL in the converter's "Source", let the converter download the tease, select the options you want, export.

(Note: the example URLs above will not work. You will need to use a real tease preview URL and your real session id.)

IMPORTANT: Once you're done converting your un-published tease(s) with that session ID, you should log out of the milovana session you extracted it from to invalidate it by clicking the "logout" button in the upper right corner. While the converter doesn't store your session ID anywhere, I do not know what the logging policies are for the CORS proxy it uses to download each page of the tease, and your session ID will pass through that proxy.
spugbutter
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spugbutter »

For any that try this and see it is broken it works if your browser is not in private mode. I thought it would be broken forever until i found that.