[EOS] EOS build progress rollback

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[EOS] EOS build progress rollback

Post by Epton »

Has anyone else experienced a rollbacked in his/her teases recently? after releasing my latest's tease it was all fine and I had done lots of says and stuff, then after I came back to it after a couple of days I've made couple fixes and unfortunately published it :\'-( only after giving it a spin I realized that something is off... and when I opened EOS I found that about 80% of my progress has rollbacked :rant: Now I have to write it all again :-(

Oh and also it happens to me a lot lately that when I delete IF\say\eval w/e it will delete the element that above it and duplicate the element below but empty.... maybe that what had happen to me and I didn't notice? :\
Faroe
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [EOS] EOS build progress rollback

Post by Faroe »

Hey

Just checked my tease, which I've updated pretty regularly over the last couple of weeks - and I don't see any issues either in what has been released or EOS editor not having the latest code.

Delete in EOS editor also seems to be working fine for me; I am sorry I can't confirm the behaviour you see, or help. I'll have to leave it to someone more experienced, or send me a PM (we can try to see if I can recreate the behaviour you see).

Maybe I am just lucky.

F
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

The only "rollbacks" I've noticed is when it doesn't save correctly but that is in-between lots of errors and I know there is a low chance of coming out of that unscathed with teases too big. (despite it saying "saved")

The if statement/eval bug has REALLY burned me in the past and it is something I go way out of my way to prevent by making sure I always have selected something above it. Sadly sometimes you can have nothing above it though and it's quite a struggle.
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

Faroe wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:49 pm Hey

Just checked my tease, which I've updated pretty regularly over the last couple of weeks - and I don't see any issues either in what has been released or EOS editor not having the latest code.

Delete in EOS editor also seems to be working fine for me; I am sorry I can't confirm the behaviour you see, or help. I'll have to leave it to someone more experienced, or send me a PM (we can try to see if I can recreate the behaviour you see).

Maybe I am just lucky.

F
I don't know if it is related but... I had space issues in C:\ while I was editing, I solved it about 1 hour into editing as the Opera pop up got on my nerve lol, by deleting the windows update files, anyway after couple hours of editing I suddenly noticed that one of my IFs was not what I had finished creating hours ago. then I clicked teases -> random tease -> teases -> back to my current tease. and I lost about 1h of work instead of 4 x.x....
This is killing me :\'-( . maybe I should start recording my editing sessions........
Faroe
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by Faroe »

Maybe best to free some room on your C drive?

I could understand that being a potential cause of the problem.

F
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

Epton wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:12 pm Has anyone else experienced a rollbacked in his/her teases recently?[...]
Yes I did. Just after Thursday midnight (23/24 march) I tested my changes, and it was so good 8-) that I downloaded backup and named it "Tested". I returned two days later and after some editing I discovered that some changes are missing. I checked downloaded file and changes were there. But I already introduced new changes online so I didn't upload the backup, but I recreated old changes manually.

I blamed my style of work: I use multiple tabs in the browser to edit multiple "evals" at the same time and test changes in another tab. I thought that maybe full script is in the frontend and having multiple copies can cause problems. But maybe it was not my fault and something happened with the server and global backup was restored.
Epton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Epton »

verynicekojak wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:06 pm
Epton wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:12 pm Has anyone else experienced a rollbacked in his/her teases recently?[...]
Yes I did. Just after Thursday midnight (23/24 march) I tested my changes, and it was so good 8-) that I downloaded backup and named it "Tested". I returned two days later and after some editing I discovered that some changes are missing. I checked downloaded file and changes were there. But I already introduced new changes online so I didn't upload the backup, but I recreated old changes manually.

I blamed my style of work: I use multiple tabs in the browser to edit multiple "evals" at the same time and test changes in another tab. I thought that maybe full script is in the frontend and having multiple copies can cause problems. But maybe it was not my fault and something happened with the server and global backup was restored.
You definitely cannot edit on 2 tabs, because the changes you make in 1 are not saved to the second tab. so when you then make changes on the second tab it will override the first tab changes
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Post by undeniable_denial »

You really can't expect your computer to function properly with a full drive. Data loss is likely.

Either way I recommend regularly backing up your work, by downloading your tease as a json-file.