Starting new project - double DIY midstim box - plans and ideas

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
SunnyDay
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Starting new project - double DIY midstim box - plans and ideas

Post by SunnyDay »

edger477 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:01 pm EDIT the old versions are in spoiler... updated (2023-01-23) below
2023-01-23
Nice update from the future :-D
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

You are doing really great things. I think that this project may move up on my list. I have a really nice and reliable DIY box now with a few upgrades but I'd really like to upgrade the amp to a higher quality one. I'm really not sure if it matters all that much and if the increase in fidelity will be felt through stim but I guess it can't hurt. Excited to see how this all works out for you and how the new box feels. Keep us updated and the lengthly write-ups are of great value.

Hop
andyupnaway
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by andyupnaway »

Been a couple of months since last post. Curious about your experience / satisfaction with the new box. Any surprises or advice for others considering doing this? Does it meet your expectations? Thanks!
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

andyupnaway wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:10 am Been a couple of months since last post. Curious about your experience / satisfaction with the new box. Any surprises or advice for others considering doing this? Does it meet your expectations? Thanks!
I can say I am happy with the build, the 4mm sockets are great since you don't have to build cables, you can just buy as many as you want, and most of the better cable have female socket on them so you can connect any to any for multiple electrodes setup, creating commons without using switch etc.

I guess you could make simpler version of box without any switches at all, with this system it is easy to create common by connecting 2 cables together and also swapping 2 cables is not a big deal, if you are not good at soldering you could leave the switches out.

Aside from that, I think this amp would work fine if I did not wait for 4Ohm resistors, I already had 6Ohm in same shape and form, and I did try using other taps on transformers (8 Ohms for input and 2.5W on output) and I can confirm that the initially chosen ones are the best.
andyupnaway
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by andyupnaway »

Thanks for the update. This will be my next project.

I plan on taking a slightly different approach. Will use the same Douks amp as you but will have two identical DIY boxes, mainly because I already have a working two channel system that has switches on the input side to swap channels and switches on the output to change polarity. Did not include a triphase switch, easier to make up a y-cable. Would be nice to have a single chassis like yours but also like having the compactness of the single stereo box when not at home.